Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Is there a difference that I'm missing between MyProtien and Bulkpowders? There's a regular stream of complaints against MP, nearly none against BP, to me they're pretty much the same price and productwise. Why buy from MP?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Is there a difference that I'm missing between MyProtien and Bulkpowders? There's a regular stream of complaints against MP, nearly none against BP, to me they're pretty much the same price and productwise. Why buy from MP?

more discount codes available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

groupie15 gets 15% off at MyProtein. The products seem good but their shipping times are all over the place. Sometimes 3 days, sometimes 3 weeks.

The MyProtein multivitamin doea the job. Well worth the €6 for a months supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Dermighty wrote: »

But how do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

My first ever order from bulkpowders was last week and I recived a 24g sachet of pre work out but I was ment to get a 100g pouch, I rang them and sent an email with picture proof to which they replied they they would investigate it further and get back to me that was 5 days ago havnt heard anything since so sent another email this morning with no reply, not very good on there behalf is it? If it's not sorted soon I will not be buying from them again😡

Blacktie. wrote: »
    But how do you know?

It's subjective.

MyProtein are doing 2 2.5kg bags of flavoured impact whey for €60 (compared to Optimum Nutrition RRP that's saving over €100).

Promo code: IMPACTIE

Valid until midnight Monday 18th April.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

MyProtein are doing 2 2.5kg bags of flavoured impact whey for €60 (compared to Optimum Nutrition RRP that's saving over €100).

Promo code: IMPACTIE

Valid until midnight Monday 18th April.

Link

Monday 18th of April?? The 18th was Friday gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bulk Powders UK site

Promo code - LDP10 - £10 off £50 spend (worked for me today , new customer)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This is decent offer from bulkpowders
    15% off Chocolate flavoured protein powders (listed below) ends tonight with discount code CHOC15!

Chocolate, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Peanut, Chocolate Orange, Chocolate Mint and White Chocolate flavours!!

We never give away 15% off Pure Whey Protein™ and Pure Whey Isolate™ 90 as we're already the lowest price in the UK. So don't hang around on this one as stock is going to go QUICK!

500g: €10.19 / 1kg: €14.87 / 2.5kg: €30.59 / 5kg: €55.24.

ALL SIZES ARE VALID FOR THE DISCOUNT.

- Pure Whey Protein™ - http://bit.ly/1lpdnag
    - Pure Whey Isolate™ 90 - http://bit.ly/1r2KRbV
    - Complete Mass™ - http://bit.ly/1bju1hL
    - Complete Lean Mass™ - http://bit.ly/1eE2Zsp
    - Complete Protein Blend™ - http://bit.ly/M5T29A
    - Complete All-In-One™ - http://bit.ly/1lcb71W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Just out of interest, is anyone still buying their supps from a bricks and mortar shop or all online? I only ask because i see a new one has opened up close enough to where i live and wonder how these places are still doing business, myself and a friend thought about opening one up a year or so ago as there isn't really one in our immediate locality but we decided against it mainly due to the fact that we both bought our supps from online wholesalers and didn't see how we could compete with the prices.

I was wondering that too. Is the quality and value really that much better than buying in somewhere like Holland and Barrett when they've their 'buy one get one for a cent' deal?

Also as someone else noted a few pages back, for someone like myself trying to find out about supplements it very annoying having to go through pages and pages of people complaining about the poor delivery service from online suppliers. I know it's nice to keep up to date on which companies offer a good service but does every second post need to be about delivery times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I was wondering that too. Is the quality and value really that much better than buying in somewhere like Holland and Barrett when they've their 'buy one get one for a cent' deal?

Also as someone else noted a few pages back, for someone like myself trying to find out about supplements it very annoying having to go through pages and pages of people complaining about the poor delivery service from online suppliers. I know it's nice to keep up to date on which companies offer a good service but does every second post need to be about delivery times?

That would be me again! The "have a moan about MyProtein's delivery service" chat is rampant in this thread!

As for buying from Holland & Barrett i wouldn't bother, I don't rate their supplements at all! The quality from the wholesalers online is far better! If they can afford to sell their products at buy on get one for a cent you would have to wonder how they are making up those costs! What i was referring to was more along the lines of going into a supplement store and buying a highly marketed well know brands tub of whey isolate when i can go to an online wholesaler and buy the same size tub/bag for a good bit cheaper! Up to 30 euro cheaper in some cases, maybe more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

A 6 euro multivitamin does nothing

mickman wrote: »

I'd better stop taking it so :rolleyes:

I'd better stop taking it so :rolleyes:

if you want to stop wasting money, then yes

Yes, its still miles better value and quality. H+B is 55 euro for 1.8kg, you can get 5kg for that price online.

Thats a fairly broad statement to make.

if you want to stop wasting money, then yes

You're entitled to your opinion.

I feel that saying it does "nothing" is blatantly incorrect. Unless there were actually no vitamins or minerals in it whatsoever it would have to do something. I understand that store bought multivitamins have a limited amount of effectiveness, however I do believe that a small amount of effectiveness for that price outweighs the usefulness of not taking a multivitamin at all.

At no stage did I purport that a multivitamin was a revolutionary product, nor did I say that it was essential. I feel the difference when I take it. You must surely feel healthier, in some way, when you don't take a 6 euro multivitamin. Good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

anyone have a good source for VPX meltdown? 36euro from US is best i can do, and last time i ordered i incurred a customs charge
    anyone know a euro supplier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Anyone recommend a good value Whey Isolate? Cutting out all dairy as it makes me bloated.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I feel that saying it does "nothing" is blatantly incorrect. Unless there were actually no vitamins or minerals in it whatsoever it would have to do something. I understand that store bought multivitamins have a limited amount of effectiveness, however I do believe that a small amount of effectiveness for that price outweighs the usefulness of not taking a multivitamin at all.

At no stage did I purport that a multivitamin was a revolutionary product, nor did I say that it was essential. I feel the difference when I take it. You must surely feel healthier, in some way, when you don't take a 6 euro multivitamin. Good for you.

You feeling better is a placebo effect. A multivitamin that actually provides any real benefit is much dearer than 6 euro

post the ingredients of your multivamin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You feeling better is a placebo effect. A multivitamin that actually provides any real benefit is much dearer than 6 euro

post the ingredients of your multivamin

What is a 'real benefit'?

What is a 'real benefit'?

Improved immune system, increased energy, increased gym performance , sharper brain etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Improved immune system, increased energy, increased gym performance , sharper brain etc etc

And you're positive that Dermighty has experienced none of that?

Gwan....bend us a spoon, Uri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

What would you recommend as a good multivitamin?

Also, despite all the reading on supplements I'm as lost as when I started so its probably just easier to ask the experts...

I'm 5' 9", 11 stone. Diet is only ok, pasta, meat, potatoes plus chips pizza and anything else thats quick & easy when I get home from work and exercise for a past few months is non existant. I'm starting the T25 workout mainly because it only takes 25 minutes each day and thats about all I have time for at the minute. I'd like to stay around the same weight but increase muscle, strenght and energy levels. As well as sorting out my diet what supplements do you guys recommend taking?

What would you recommend as a good multivitamin?

Also, despite all the reading on supplements I'm as lost as when I started so its probably just easier to ask the experts...

I'm 5' 9", 11 stone. Diet is only ok, pasta, meat, potatoes plus chips pizza and anything else thats quick & easy when I get home from work and exercise for a past few months is non existant. I'm starting the T25 workout mainly because it only takes 25 minutes each day and thats about all I have time for at the minute. I'd like to stay around the same weight but increase muscle, strenght and energy levels. As well as sorting out my diet what supplements do you guys recommend taking?

I would not recommend any supplements, fix the diet first and foremost.

If you do plan on a multivitamin, look at beyond health and anavite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone have the code for 15% off myprotein handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anyone have the code for 15% off myprotein handy?

Groupie15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

CM24 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good value Whey Isolate? Cutting out all dairy as it makes me bloated.

Whey Isolate is dairy.

Advertisement