Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Ad's. Those annoying chicks.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Jesus, you're all fcuked in the head, getting worked up over an ad. Bloody nerds. I'd like to see what all your girlfriends look like, if you're calling them two mingers.
    Grace Park, almost exactly, but more tanned-er.

Sometimes its good to be a nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nick_Object

^^^^
    well if she looks like that then good luck to you. I'm curious as to how many of the above people calling the two meteor girls ugly even have girlfriends. How in the name of Pat Kenny are they ugly? Maybe the dark haired one is a bit of a PlaIN Jane but if you walk around Limerick city for a minute, you'll see the real meaning of ugly.

I'll say I'm a nerd if it makes you happy. Maybe I just should have said tools. Well the people who show a scary psychotic commitment to a particular network. If vodafone disappeared in the morning would ye kill yourselves? I've been with all three and I've learned:

1.Vodafone have unbelievably dodgy reception for the leading operator
    2. O2 have been known to steal credit
    3. Meteor are the most reliable network I've been with yet.

how you like me now, hamburger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'd love a hamburger right about now.

MMmmmmm.

man's gotta eat

• Registered Users Posts: 31,408 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think the major thing is that they're not TV hot. They're grand like, but its like the context of the add is setting them up to be savage, which they're just not. They just come across as really annoying D4 fashion icon wannabe's. The word Artificial also comes to mind. (i mean personality-wise by the way).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

^^^^
    well if she looks like that then good luck to you. I'm curious as to how many of the above people calling the two meteor girls ugly even have girlfriends. How in the name of Pat Kenny are they ugly? Maybe the dark haired one is a bit of a PlaIN Jane but if you walk around Limerick city for a minute, you'll see the real meaning of ugly.

I'll say I'm a nerd if it makes you happy. Maybe I just should have said tools. Well the people who show a scary psychotic commitment to a particular network. If vodafone disappeared in the morning would ye kill yourselves? I've been with all three and I've learned:

read the charter. personal abuse is not tolerated.

there's no personal abuse in there.

The two lads they are with in the ads inspire an even more disgusted reaction in a lot of girls. A friend told me in no uncertain terms that she thought the chubby guy was a munter. But munter only applies to girls so I was stumped.

now dats da gooooood shiznit

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

lol, that's dedication.

I've decided I'm never gonna send my mares to godolphin sires in response.
    The collapse of the Sheiks empire is at hand then!!!!!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

^^^^

There are 4 networks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

^^^^
    well if she looks like that then good luck to you. I'm curious as to how many of the above people calling the two meteor girls ugly even have girlfriends.
    Truth be told I have no idea what everyone is going on about, two normal looking women on the meteor adverts or something... I just wanted to talk about the missus for a minute. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I hate that ad for Heineken (I think) where some guy gets a phone call about going to a BBQ and says he'll be there, then proceeds to go there in the most retarded manner imaginable, allowing crap to get caught on him without doing anything about it. If he just threw the crap dragging behind him off he would get to BBQ/Beer faster. Gosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

seriously lmao at this thread, some great comments..
    yes these ads are so very very annoying but i will say one good thing about them - they create hilarious conversations between people who hate the ad (this thread for example!)

Nick_Object, to be fair, even if someone didn't have a girlfriend, does that mean they're not allowed to think that these girls are ugly/pug ugly/fugly/pug fugly?
    Are they supposed to think "Well, I don't have a girlfriend so these two are therefore hot." :confused::confused::confused:

Meteor Girls Restaurant Door.jpg

Seriously they've got faces you wanna punch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

SumGuy wrote:

And i supect,personalities you wanna stab!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

SumGuy wrote:
    seriously lmao at this thread, some great comments..
    yes these ads are so very very annoying but i will

Meteor Girls Restaurant Door.jpg

the brunette looks okay in that but what people see in the blonde is beyond me. i guess its not so much that theyre not so good looking, its that theres so many ordinary looking girls out there that look alot better. still thats no great surprise , i used to hang around with alot of models. they dont really look all that spectacular in real life, most of the works done by the camera. generally if you ever met one your first reaction would be "for ****s sake eat something!" :D

SumGuy wrote:
    Nick_Object, to be fair, even if someone didn't have a girlfriend, does that mean they're not allowed to think that these girls are ugly/pug ugly/fugly/pug fugly?
    Are they supposed to think "Well, I don't have a girlfriend so these two are therefore hot." :confused::confused::confused:

You caught me with your legal mumbo jumbo. I suppose not. God I hope those two never surf the internet because if they find this thread they'll probably burst into tears
    5starpool wrote:
    There are 4 networks

I meant the three pay as you go services

the blonde one doesn't look too bad in this pic but she's looking to the side. maybe she saw a suspicious Ipswich guy approaching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I meant the three pay as you go services
    3Pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

SumGuy wrote:
    does that mean they're not allowed to think that these girls are ugly/pug ugly/fugly/pug fugly?
    Personally I'd go with ugly ugly :)

jesus those handsets are fair dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

pepper wrote:
    BTW for the record girls dont drool over shoes like that-Maybe in america they do (ala- sex and the city) but not here
    A lot of my friends do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I hate that ad for Heineken (I think) where some guy gets a phone call about going to a BBQ and says he'll be there, then proceeds to go there in the most retarded manner imaginable, allowing crap to get caught on him without doing anything about it. If he just threw the crap dragging behind him off he would get to BBQ/Beer faster. Gosh!

Yeah - those guys don't look cool and laid back at all - they look like utter gimps dragging all that stuff after them! Also, notice how one of them has an Irish accent and the other three American - very strange for an ad imho. Breaks the illusion! :eek:

As for the meteor "lads", I can confirm that they are indeed pig-ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I hate that ad for Heineken (I think)
    Hate it too, it is for budweiser, like they are making mongos out of their own customers. Suppose that is what happens after drinking that methanol laden, speedbrewed piss.

The black haired meteor one looks like a witch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Oh god that new ad, despite being awful, has those two gobsh*tes looking awful. The dark haired girl looks like a bus reversed into her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The bus didn't come out the better for it either...

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

simu wrote:
    Yeah - those guys don't look cool and laid back at all - they look like utter gimps dragging all that stuff after them! Also, notice how one of them has an Irish accent and the other three American - very strange for an ad imho. Breaks the illusion! :eek:

Yeah i noticed this too, it was really annoying me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The meteor ads suck massively, but then again at least their a few light years ahead of "one more tune..."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sorry to be predictable but these two win for me.

Your one in the first one isn't bad...but I feel her place behind the counter is best. The triplets are poster girls for all manner of things and TBH I'm sick looking at them.

As for the shot from the restaurant ad; both the meteor girls look alright in that one (at least in some of the shots) I still can't understand how the shot I referred to above made it past the vid-edit suite, unless as you say she pissed off someone on the crew...

Advertisement