Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Ad's. Those annoying chicks.

Options
  • 11-09-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Is anyone else completely sickened by those cr@p meteor ad's?

That black haired one and the blonde haired one are the most annoying things on the tele that i actually turn the channel when the ads come on.

The latest installment (at the concert) is yet another feeble attempt by meteor to be funny. well its not. In fact is is totally the opisite. It makes me angry and sick and i think i might change companies in fact...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

You should try reading the Sunday Independant!

I share your anger btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Thank God i havent seen that advertisement yet !! i hope i dont :)

I would definately like to meet the guy who is currently the "media manager" @ meteor

just wana ask him what he is smoking these days ? ....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

If they sell phones then they're not doing anything bad.

That said, i dont watch much telly.

My sister knows the dark haired one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

By the high-definition sensors of Great MechaJesus, whose targetting systems may spot the tiniest sin with pinpoint accuracy, if they were the last women on earth I'd turn gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

Hahaha. I was waiting to see a thread about those annoying birds at some stage. I totally agree.

Two eejit yuppy princesses aren't going to make me switch to Meteor. Watching ads like like that makes me glad I'm leaving this country soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Maynoothman123

What is it about them?

On the face of it you could say we are being unreasonable as the ads seem inoffensive enough. But I just get so angry when I see them and it just makes me want to emigrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

What about the little dance they do in front of their crap singer friend.

Die Meteor girls,:p Die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

"What is it about them?"

I think it's just the whole celtic-tigery, wine-bary, stuck-uppyness about them. They're the sort of girls who hang out in places like Cafe En Seine and Reynards and end up rat-arsed at poncy lesson st. wine bars. I despise those places and the people that frequent them.

At least the Amstel lads seem Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Dylan_James

I agree with everything said so far.

How come when their little singer mate goes on stage there is just her singing with no music?

THEN!! As if by magic, all their friends who they called with their stupid phones end up at the gig and they have obviously bought with them sound professional amps, mics, leads, speakers, decks, etc.... because now she has a backing track.

Now I am not a record producer or roadie for metallica even but that just doesn’t sound right too me.

Also how come the Goths that were at the gig all of a sudden start dancing?

To quote Family Guy, where Peter and Chris dress up as a horse to get outta paying for 2 tickets to the fair:

"Your ass just sneezed!, wait asses dont sneeze and horses dont talk either! No! no! no! Something about this doesn’t add up at all!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

They're are vaguely interesting, which is more than can be said for 99.99% of other ads. The 0.01% represents the renault booty ad.

I am so simple. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Giruilla wrote:
    You should try reading the Sunday Independant!

Had to give up reading the Indo......

It actually started to give me a pain in my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Meteor has been mentioned 5 times in this thread already (six times if you count my post) - advertising works. it sucks. I think there is a thread about these girls in slydice. The amount of guys who would is disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

It's on too much...:mad:

The funniest ad at the moment is the febreeze ad with that guy on the floor sniffing a carpet while they're playing charades

makes me chuckle everytime :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

What about the little dance they do in front of their crap singer friend.

Die Meteor girls,:p Die

Thats the worst part, that dance!!!! when she's clapping her hands. AAARRRRGGGGH! bugs me so much. I know we're not allowed advocate voilence on the boards but if i ever saw those 2 birds out in a pub i would 'express my dissatisfaction' with them.
    hmmm...I think i might mail meteor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I think they're hot.

That said, the new ad sucks monkeys'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That ad where they tell those guys they're going to do a lapdance for them is incedibly arousing. I know it doesn't happen, and every time I'm disapointed, but I like the idea.
    As regards the Amstel ads. They're crap. Not funny, badly acted and annoying dialog. Rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

**** ads

not bad enough to make me angry or sick though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Big Nose & Barbie hate those ads!! funny im with meteor :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Yeah, well I still definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Laslo wrote:
    Yeah, well I still definitely would.

Ditto, roysh? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

"Baby I love your smile...." :- What class of a song is she singing, the snub nosed trout.

The clapping hands move, it reminds me of something you'd see in Saved by the bell when slater would do a rap or something spine-tinglingly cringeworthy.AAAARGGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I read on another Message Board that she was in a shop near or in Trinity and she was telling the person behind the till how she was famous and she's on a load of billboards and that she wanted a free chomp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Giblet wrote:
    she wanted a free chomp.

at least she is living the dream

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

It's all sold out gigs and chomps from here on in for these girls!

But seriously, it has to be one of the most annoying ad campaigns on Irish television. I blame whoever was involved in making the ad, the marketing department, writers, director, all that sort of stuff. The girls are just the icing on the cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

I don't mind the ad's but then again I think the brunette is hot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Mossy Monk wrote:
    at least she is living the dream

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I'm pretty neutral about the new meteor ads though I did love the old hamster one.

Giblet wrote:
    I read on another Message Board that she was in a shop near or in Trinity and she was telling the person behind the till how she was famous and she's on a load of billboards and that she wanted a free chomp.

Is (or was, not sure) a student in Trinity. Fairly sound, though you wouldn't guess from the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I'm pretty neutral about the new meteor ads though I did love the old hamster one.
    heh heh, that's cool.. heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

D new guys a sap too

the one who gets everyone crap gigs

Advertisement