Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Ad's. Those annoying chicks.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Oh my god I HATE those feckin adds, they bug the sh*t outta me. Told my gf the other day that she reminded me of one of them & she nearly hit me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Worst ads on TV, by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

I must admit they are annoying, The sort of obnoxious eejits you meet in Lillies, what a kip that place is !. But thats a whole other story ! :rolleyes:

Yeah, the old hamster add was better, I am sure they could bring back the hamsters in some way.
    Maybe have them shooting the girls out of cannons !?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Few ads make me cringe like it. They should be blugened to death with a frozen dead cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

ARGINITE wrote:
    Few ads make me cringe like it. They should be blugened to death with a frozen dead cat.

Indeed......indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Those advertisements do my nut in! :mad:

Apparently the bloke who is responsible for this rubbish is Meteors Marketing Director, Michael Hayes, who thinks it is all some sort of roaring success!?! What the hell is he smoking??? :rolleyes:

Anyway, read more about it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

Raekwon wrote:

Apparently the bloke who is responsible for this rubbish is Meteors Marketing Director, Michael Hayes, who thinks it is all some sort of roaring success!?! .

Michael Hayes. I frown upon that man's face, his company, his pitiful excuse for a life, his friends, his dog, his cat, his 2.4 kids and his 'bright ideas!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Raekwon wrote:
    Those advertisements do my nut in! :mad:

Apparently the bloke who is responsible for this rubbish is Meteors Marketing Director, Michael Hayes, who thinks it is all some sort of roaring success!?! What the hell is he smoking??? :rolleyes:

Anyway, read more about it here.

Just checked out that link, maybe we should invite that girl who is given as contact to join us here for an auld yap!?!?! What exactly is it about these two beuers that is so utterly annoying!?!?!?! I agree totally that they are very annoying, but I can't exactly put my finger on why!?!?! I mean if they were wearing Celtic tops and had big hoopy ear rings we'd have something else to say about them! Someone hit on the head above, the whole "celtic-tigery, cafe-en-senny, wine-bary, D4ery", pure poetry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Theyre not even hot...

(woot free market research for meteor!)
    (its quite obvious they need a new advertising/pr company)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Michael Hayes for president!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

They're not hot at all. Just done up in make-up and the latest grafton st rip-off fashion. I see much better looking girls walking around Dublin everyday. I'm sure there are hotter girls looking at this thread right now.
    Um. Hi girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I'd love to have raging sexual intercourse with both of them. The ads are sh1te though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

punky wrote:
    They're not hot at all. Just done up in make-up and the latest grafton st rip-off fashion. I see much better looking girls walking around Dublin everyday. I'm sure there are hotter girls looking at this thread right now.
    Um. Hi girls :)

I still would. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sjones wrote:
    Michael Hayes for president!
    surely not the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I have hated them since the very first one aired...again, there is just something about them that is so annoying. Comparable to scraping your fingernailss along a blackboard.

Meteor are probably trying to get away from the image of being the Thrift brand of mobile phone providers and so are trying to appeal to the brigade of Brown Thomas/D4 wannabes.

Everything about them is so Irish and normal and sh!te. The way they win the goths over just because their friends rescued them...ie defeating individuality through numbers...typical Louis Walsh/RTE attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

The add that really annoys me is the one with Mel from Des & mel, she says

"The things I do to Hydrate my skin" as she pours a glass of water....

Then at the end of the add she says

"Now if they could only find an easy way for me to hidrate my skin..."

EASIER THAN DRINKING WATER?????? AGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Since they abandoned hamsters and even the gnome they have been utter tripe ads. It is the type of annoying crap that will guarantee that I never get a meteor phone.

The women are terrible, and the premise of most of the ads are rubbish too. The fact that in need of emergency friends for a 'concert' one of them texts her friends (she only knows meteor people obviously since she wouldn't be able to text any others for free) instead of ringing people.

The fellas are nearly as bad. If you want someone to shut up, just say 'right, good luck, I don't give a crap about barrel making' or 'I'm cooking dinner here, chat to you later'.

Tossers.

All ads should have nice coloured balls bouncing in the streets of San Francisco with a cool tune in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Sarky wrote:
    By the high-definition sensors of Great MechaJesus, whose targetting systems may spot the tiniest sin with pinpoint accuracy, if they were the last women on earth I'd turn gay.

Deep. Waaaaay deep man.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Those ads drive me crazy. They REALLY do my nut in. The restaurant one was the worst for me, I think. If I ever see either of those two girls out in public I will not be responsible for my actions.

On the other hand, the Amstel ads are pure genius. They make me laugh out loud every single time I see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

5starpool wrote:
    The fellas are nearly as bad. If you want someone to shut up, just say 'right, good luck, I don't give a crap about barrel making' or 'I'm cooking dinner here, chat to you later'.

Tossers.

Oh come on the barrel making one was comedy gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I find the Meteor ads annoying yes, but they cannot hold a candle to the cillit bang ads, If I ever meet that guy from the cillit ads I'll give him something to shout about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

punky wrote:

At least the Amstel lads seem Irish.

Scoop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

tallus wrote:
    I find the Meteor ads annoying yes, but they cannot hold a candle to the cillit bang ads, If I ever meet that guy from the cillit ads I'll give him something to shout about.

Dont watch this so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Cianos wrote:
    Dont watch this so.
    ok I wont :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

The longer this thread gets proves that the ads are doing precisely what they are designed for.

The intent is to attract [foolish] people's attention and that is what is happening.

Good people, great ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

What REALLY annoys me about the meteor ads is they always say "Everyone we know is on meteor".

They are in their sh*te! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

The blonde one is my mates cousin, but i agree. Pair of annoying tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

If it makes any of you feel any better, they both already get a lot of abuse from strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

While we're on the subject of Meteor ads, you know the ad where the guy thinks he knocked the hairless cat out the window so he gets a new one but it turns out the cat's fine? The woman in that, where have I seen her before? This is bugging the crap outta me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Raymond

What about the latest one with the bald cats?

"YougotheraliddleBOYFRIEND"

Christ.

Advertisement