Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol/Diesel Price thread.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Deise Fuels Clayboy Waterford 97.9 for both.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just to confirm this week's motorcard prices, as I just got their text: Petrol 97.2, Diesel 98.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Woohoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Crude oil dropped another couple of dollars overnight so I reckon you will see prices below 95c in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stephen wrote:
    Just to confirm this week's motorcard prices, as I just got their text: Petrol 97.2, Diesel 98.2.
    You sure that's not last week's? :confused: Mine says:

Petrol: 96.9c & Diesel: 97.9c (17/01/07)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    You sure that's not last week's? :confused: Mine says:

Petrol: 96.9c & Diesel: 97.9c (17/01/07)

Confirmed correct

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

WTF? here's the full text of the sms i got at 14.31 on 17/01/2006:
    Motorcard wrote:
    Groupscheme Fuelcard Price: Buy tomorrow!
    *Next week's prices - Petrol: 97.2c & Diesel 98.2c

Their website has the same prices as yours though. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Garvey's and TOP Newcastlewest Co. Limerick 97.4 for both yesterday, stopped on the way back from Tralee. TOP even had a guy for filling, so long since I've come across anywhere with an attendant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SnoopyDogDog

Question:
    How do benchmark make their money? on the monthyl interest?

i have read the site and have not seen a number anywhere. they just say the 1st month is interest free

It's 3000% APR if you miss the first payment :)

You need to have a direct debit setup. If you miss a direct debit because there's no money in your account, they'll charge you €40.

• Advertisement

Question:
    How do benchmark make their money? on the monthyl interest?

i have read the site and have not seen a number anywhere. they just say the 1st month is interest free

You pay in full monthly, you have no choice in this matter. They make their money by buying fuel in bulk from Statoil, getting it at a cheaper price, and reselling it to us indirectly at a greater price. Just like Tesco. I note that for the first time this week, that they are cheaper than Tesco.

Garvey's and TOP Newcastlewest Co. Limerick 97.4 for both yesterday, stopped on the way back from Tralee. TOP even had a guy for filling, so long since I've come across anywhere with an attendant

If they sacked him they could shave another cent off!

Waterford Tesco 97.9 unleaded. Down a cent.

Mike.

Applegreen Arklow 98.9 for petrol and diesel.

Stephen wrote:
    WTF? here's the full text of the sms i got at 14.31 on 17/01/2006:

Their website has the same prices as yours though. Weird.

Did you get your card from the motorcard.ie website or did you get it through a groupscheme? If we get our card through our company groupscheme, we get charged 97.2c rather than 96.9c

Damn, I just checked my bill and I was charged 97.2c a litre rather than the 96.9c advertised on the website. Not a big enough difference to cry about though I would like to know what the story is.

Give them a ring, I didn't buy any petrol that week, so have nothing to complain about. 01 8135590

Tesco Waterford

Petrol 94.9 Diesel 93.9

Discount Fuel Clayboy (not Deise as I said above) is 95.9 unleaded.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Road diesel from Naas Oil (monread ind. est)
    96.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

tinneys letterkenny 96.0 Diesil Last week, always at least 3 cents cheaper than rest of letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Motorcard prices (from 1/02/07):

Petrol (Buy today): 98.18c / Diesel: 99.08c

• Advertisement

Wow that seems strange. Especially with petrol prices everywhere going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭maidhc

95.9 for diesel on the Model Farm rd in Cork. Petrol was a cent more i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Tesco New Ross now 92.9 for Diesel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Cheapest I've seen in Limerick city are Premier Service Station (Ennis Rd., ex-Esso) and the Shell by Thomondgate, both at 99.9 for petrol. Not great but it's the lowest I've seen around here for at least half a year.

Advertisement