Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol/Diesel Price thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    You guys should really get one of those statoil fuel cards... :)

http://www.motorcard.ie/week38.htm

Hi
    I signed up a couple of weeks ago to this card, a card arrived in the post ,"a statoil fleet card " , i started using it and today another card has arrived in the post which is a "Benchmark Fleet Services Motorcard "
    Is there a difference in using either ? , will i still get the same discount if i use either one ?

cheers for any clues

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Shell in Ferrybank in Waterford is 104.9 for both Unleaded and Diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Shane Teskey

Hi,

Statoil sent out some of their standard cards by mistake last week. It should have been a benchmark one. Both should work for you but to be safe I'd use the benchmark one.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Motorcard's price for next week - Unleaded down 1.7c to 101.4, Diesel down 3.2c to 102.8 *

* Note: Last week Statoil did not pass on the full price reduction to their customers...

Edit: Same this week - 102.1 for petrol, 103.1 for diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi,

Statoil sent out some of their standard cards by mistake last week. It should have been a benchmark one. Both should work for you but to be safe I'd use the benchmark one.

S.

Yeah I received a statoil card last week with Fleet wrote on it, blue and orange card and then yesterday got one that is white andBenchmark wrote on it. I guess I use the Benchmark one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I e-mailed Statoil fuel card helpdesk, they came back saying that 2 cards were issued in error to me ,one a "fleet card " and the other a "benchmark card"
    The helpdesk said i can use either one and still avail of the discount , or cancel one of the cards if i choose ,
    Had used the fleet card at first so will be keeping a close eye on my first invoice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

andrew1977 wrote:
    I e-mailed Statoil fuel card helpdesk, they came back saying that 2 cards were issued in error to me ,one a "fleet card " and the other a "benchmark card"
    The helpdesk said i can use either one and still avail of the discount , or cancel one of the cards if i choose ,
    Had used the fleet card at first so will be keeping a close eye on my first invoice

Ahh wll just give one to me mum!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

testicle wrote:
    Motorcard's price for next week - Unleaded down 1.7c to 101.4, Diesel down 3.2c to 102.8 *

* Note: Last week Statoil did not pass on the full price reduction to their customers...

Any particular reason as to why they did not give the full discount. I thought this was the reason this card was brought out. What happened to the price guarantee

Big Nelly wrote:
    Ahh wll just give one to me mum!!

You'll be paying for her petrol so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

Today - Newbridge - MCL - 104.9
    Statoil - 105.9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Esso Tralee (on the road between Dan Spring rd and the N21 going south) €1.04

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Statoil near coolock (beside tesco)
    Unleaded: 105.9
    Diesel 103.9

I've seen unleaded at 104.9 in a fair few garages now too - i hope it goes back to 99.9 - it'd be great!

Tesco Waterford - 1.04.9 unleaded, 1.01.9 for derv

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

kellihers kelloil in tralee have consistently got the lowest prices in the country.

IIRC, this weekend unleaded was 100.9c and diesel was 99.9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Tesco New Ross is 101.9 as well for Diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Statoil in Kimmage was 104.9 yesterday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Texaco in Oldcastle, Co. Meath is 102.9 for both petrol & diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Statoil Nutgrove yesterday
    € 102.9 diesel
    € 104.9 unleaded

Youghal on the "Old N25" just past the Church facing in out to sea 99.9! I think its a Maxol

Mike.

Thats amazing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

121.9! near Dublin today. Can't remember exactly where it was.

testicle wrote:

Both will be down in the region of 1c each this week.

Edit: Confirmed, 101.1 for petrol, 102.0 for diesel...

Tesco Waterford €1.02.9, Maxol Dunmore Road 1 km away €1.17! :eek:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Esso, Grange Road, Rathfarnham
    €100.9 diesel
    €103.9 unleaded
    Esso, Lr. Kimmage Road
    €101.9 diesel
    €104.9 unleaded
    We may yet get below the €1 a litre, unless we have a tax to pay back berties loans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 clingfilm77

Anyone out there with a business no matter how big or small then contact me because I work for a fuel card company and can save you money on your diesel! you can email me at judgespike77@yahoo.com (not giving my work email in case of spam etc) Leave your name and contact number and I will call you back to give you the run down!

Cheers,

A

Applegreen in Arklow 101 for unleaded-I guess the good old days of sub one euro petrol cant be too far away :)

In my travels I've seen several places doing both petrol and diesel for 100.9 and 99.9 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 petrolhead

testicle wrote:
    You'll be paying for her petrol so! :D
    I've found that the motorcard comes down in line with the changes to wholesale prices (you can view all the previous prices online at http://www.motorcard.ie/previousprices.html. It looks like some of the petrol stations keep their prices up though because they've bought it in at the previous weeks higher price. Honestly, there seems to be 101 different reasons behind each stations pricing structure. Anyway, I'm happy - prices in Swords were 106 today and the card is 101.1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 petrolhead

Are Statoil the guys behind this card? I thought it was run by an independent company who use the Statoil network???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope, Statoil are running the cards, even though they don't have the name on them. The bills come direct from statoil and your money is collected by statoil by DD each month.

Advertisement