Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, I just went and ordered a Pod XT Live.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thanks Baggio. ;)

Just updated my page with another clip I recorded this morning. This one has more of an Opeth vibe going on. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Like it!!

I wish I could play guitar like that. I'm a liking the sound from POD too.:D

Baggio... wrote:
    Like it!!

I wish I could play guitar like that. I'm a liking the sound from POD too.:D

Thanks, but I've a long way to go with my playing yet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Thanks, but I've a long way to go with my playing yet. ;)

Don't we all?

Well except for Yngwie, who rules over all of us '****ing guitar n00bs'.
    Hehehehe I love that vid on YouTube..

• Advertisement

fish-head wrote:
    Don't we all?

Well except for Yngwie, who rules over all of us '****ing guitar n00bs'.
    Hehehehe I love that vid on YouTube..

Petrucci > Yngwie. Can Yngwie control the speed of time with his playing? I think not!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As a matter of interest Karl how would the Pod behave if you were to only use it for effects and more classic distortion sounds then switch to the Lead of your Fireball for your main metal sounds? Thats what I was considering anyway. :)

gizmo wrote:
    As a matter of interest Karl how would the Pod behave if you were to only use it for effects and more classic distortion sounds then switch to the Lead of your Fireball for your main metal sounds? Thats what I was considering anyway. :)

Depends on whether or not you're going to run it before the amp, or in the FX loop.

If you run it before the amp, then you could try using an OD stomp model like the Tubescreamer to drive the clean channel harder to get a classic distortion sound, rather than using an amp model. Or if you'd rather an amp model, then that's perfectly do-able.

Amps or stomp models running after the preamp could be horrible, but I've never tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ravioli

I had some thoughts about the Bass expansion for PODxt Live.

- When you install the expansion, do you get somekind of
    guitarmode/bassmode?

- Do you get some new presets for the Basspart?

- Will the bassexpansion make my xtLive compatible with BassPODxt customtones?

If anyone could answer any of these Q's I would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Petrucci > Yngwie. Can Yngwie control the speed of time with his playing? I think not!

Can Petrucci crush all n00bs with one single badly played run?
    I think not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Ravioli wrote:
    - When you install the expansion, do you get somekind of
    guitarmode/bassmode?

Not really. You can just pick modelled bass amps aswell as guitar amps. The advantage however of upgrading a pod xt live over just getting a bass pod is that you can mix bass heads with guitar amps leading to more sonic variety.
    Ravioli wrote:
    - Do you get some new presets for the Basspart?

You get the bass pod xt presets.
    Ravioli wrote:
    - Will the bassexpansion make my xtLive compatible with BassPODxt customtones?

Yes.

Big thanks for that info!!

Another (hopefully final) question: Does the BassPOD presetpack reduce the number of userbanks?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If you run it before the amp, then you could try using an OD stomp model like the Tubescreamer to drive the clean channel harder to get a classic distortion sound, rather than using an amp model. Or if you'd rather an amp model, then that's perfectly do-able.
    And have you tried it yourself yet? Are the results anyway decent? Should be in town on Wednesday so I can give both the Engl Screamer and Flextone another proper try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Ravioli wrote:
    Big thanks for that info!!

Another (hopefully final) question: Does the BassPOD presetpack reduce the number of userbanks?

Cheers!

The amount of user banks on your pod remain the same. Its up to you what patches to put in them whether they be bass or guitar. Luckily you can just save all your extra banks on your computer :D

gizmo wrote:
    And have you tried it yourself yet? Are the results anyway decent? Should be in town on Wednesday so I can give both the Engl Screamer and Flextone another proper try.

Nope, haven't had any need to try it, I got everything the way I like it now. Besides, with the amount of gain on the Fireball, I'd be genuinely scared of what a boost would do.

Beecher wrote:
    The amount of user banks on your pod remain the same. Its up to you what patches to put in them whether they be bass or guitar. Luckily you can just save all your extra banks on your computer :D

Thanks!

With that information in hand Line6 will earn some extra bucks tonight! :)

Thanks again!

Cheers!

...Or not. Get some kind of "internal error no: 8543859743897554353". Online shopping as we know it. :)

Well, will probably hear from Line6 Support in a near future.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Have you tried controling any other Midi-enabed devices with the XT Pro? Does it work well?

Well, I tried again for a few minutes ago and everything went well.

Now to some questions again:

- Do I have to download the bass presets from somewhere?

- (this one is because Im a lazy SOB and havent checked yet) Can I see witch amp is Bassamp and witch is guitaramp? Or do I have to go back to ampschool to find out the difference? [EDIT] Just found out! Phew! [/EDIT]

Will probably harass you guys again with more Q's. :)

Cheers!

Advertisement