Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Big Spiders.. Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Gunnerkid wrote: »
    caught this guy in the house and killed him

98sxfq.jpg&t=1

does anyone know what type it is

what da hell is that!!!!!!!!!!!! I would freak if I caught that in da house :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its a red roman spider, he got the image off google...

http://www.pbase.com/arnomeintjes/image/104962071

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

lcrcboy wrote: »
    what da hell is that!!!!!!!!!!!! I would freak if I caught that in da house :eek::eek::eek:

If i met that lad in my house i think i would find it easier to kill myself before i could imagine going near him to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

A couple of years ago whilst at a mates house we were watching a movie, i noticed a big spider up on the opposite wall from me, my mate then informed me that said spider was his 'pet', he had even named it Goliath and was feeding it flies etc!!! Anyway, after questioning his choice of pets we went back to the movie, about 10 mins into the movie i had a quick look up to see if the spider was still there, it wasnt, it had climbed up to the ceiling and walked to the left hand corner of the ceiling, thinking nothing of this i went back to the movie, 20mins later i checked again on the spider, this time it was 3 quarters the way down the left hand side of the ceiling, i passed comment to everyone in the room that the fecker was working his way to me - a comment that was met with laughing and piss taking of me!!!!!

Went back to the movie but was now slightly concerned about the spider and his 'journey' so kept checking on him every couple of mins.

Eventually reached the point where i looked up at the ceiling and the spider was directly above me, now, at that exact point of me looking up, said spider decided to just let go of the ceiling!!!!!! I have never moved so fast in all my life!!!!! I would have tried to squish said spider but he vanished almost as quickly as he dropped!!!!!

As you can imagine all my mates just pissed themselves laughing at me!!!!! I aged 20years that day!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

98sxfq.jpg&t=1

Oh god I may puke. I seriously need to stop reading this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

that's awesome looking, I'd very tempted to keep this as a pet!
    have a couple of small vivariums about that would do the job!;)

where was this?
    Jumpy wrote: »
    Hee hee, you Irish scare easily.

I found a Huntsman in my bath towel once.

huntsman.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

I have to say that I always thought European spiders don't bite, but got a bad shock twice in Ireland: I got bitten on the leg, saw the spiders too late, and had numbness, a wide red flat lump, general inflammation and itchiness in the area for several days, going on to weeks...I may be allergic, the second bite is still itching after more than a month.
    It is much worse than mosquito bites, or even wasps stings, which calm down after a day or two.
    I was never afraid of spiders until these attacks, and now they are my enemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

98sxfq.jpg&t=1

I think this is a garden spider.
    Have no clue on the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Moving out of our rented house next week and began the packing today.......my oh found this fella behind our dvd's.......I fear I will not sleep a wink tonight. Can someone please put my mind at ease and tell me it's a normal irish spider....terrified I brought him back in my suitcase after visiting Australia!

40740_451224884548_839664548_5239935_5337449_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

LBD wrote: »
    Moving out of our rented house next week and began the packing today.......my oh found this fella behind our dvd's.......I fear I will not sleep a wink tonight. Can someone please put my mind at ease and tell me it's a normal irish spider....terrified I brought him back in my suitcase after visiting Australia!

40740_451224884548_839664548_5239935_5337449_n.jpg

my god... if i seen a spider like that, i'd be running straight for the lynx can and a lighter

• Advertisement

Tiesto wrote: »
    my god... if i seen a spider like that, i'd be running straight for the lynx can and a lighter

I'm not gonna lie I cried :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

There are these big black and yellow stripy ****ers EVERYWHERE at the moment. :(

I'm not gonna lie I cried :o

haha sorry if you did.. They just freak me out!!!
    Look at the size of the thing!

haha sorry if you did.. They just freak me out!!!
    Look at the size of the thing!

My oh lived in Oz for a few years and he's seen some spiders including the huntsman.....this one was big enough to freak him out though.

My oh lived in Oz for a few years and he's seen some spiders including the huntsman.....this one was big enough to freak him out though.

But there is a possibility that spider came from OZ :pac:

But there is a possibility that spider came from OZ :pac:

I certainly hope so.....and that it was male and didn't have babies :( otherwise it means Ireland had this breed of monster spider and I will have to emmigrate which I would rather not have to :(

I certainly hope so.....and that it was male and didn't have babies :( otherwise it means Ireland had this breed of monster spider and I will have to emmigrate which I would rather not have to :(

haha no , he's a drifter. he's on his own ! (I hope)
    I'm lucky tho. I never see any big spiders in my gaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

98sxfq.jpg&t=1

Thats a camel spider mate.

Have you or anyone you know been to the desert recently?

I was in Chad a while back & they were all over the shop, fast buggers & tough as nails.

Not posionous but can give a nasty bite.

I'm pretty sure they aren't indigenous to Ireland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_spider

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Found a big one behind the bin :(

But the cat ate him! \o/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Camel spiders in Ireland - bloody hell, I'll have to emigrate further north. Like the Arctic Circle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

As subway said earlier that spider was just taken off google -

subway wrote: »
    its a red roman spider, he got the image off google...

http://www.pbase.com/arnomeintjes/image/104962071

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Keifer

It looks like a Black Widow but only if it has the classic red patterns underneath. Otherwise it might be a Black House Spider. Emmmm both are poisonous!!

I got this guy in my new place. . . .. .. . . .

Picture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

you could split the rent with him!
    I got this guy in my new place. . . .. .. . . .

Picture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Great thread and some stories are just hilarious :D

I myself am afraid of spiders, luckily my OH is not. And I have a cat which only seems too eager to hunt everything that moves... :p
    I just hope I will never face one as bad as on some of the photos ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

This fella was in my house a week ago. He had attacked me a week previus to that and taken me ranson in my bedroom. Then he hid and i found him a week later...minus a leg muuuuhahahaha!

Spider ick.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sorry to bump an old thread, my friend found this spider in her house, anyone know what it is?
    216215_204124212942410_100000344971566_620097_671267_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

:eek::eek:spideog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

good lord they seem to be around for longer and longer as the yrs go by. god damn u global warming. tbtg i haven't had any so far this yr - everything crossed that i won't, but other yrs i have had many of the icky feckers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I hope to god, i never see one like the two posted above^ unless i go on holidays, i'll brace myself a few month before hand to get used to them !!!

Advertisement