Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does "Lifeline" etc tabs work for preventing hangovers?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm going to buy one of Chlorella or Zantac tomorrow. Which one should I test out first? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Paracetamols or Anadins (sp) are the worst things you could have going through yer liver. Your liver doesnt feel pain so thats how the trouble starts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dempsey wrote:
    Paracetamols or Anadins (sp) are the worst things you could have going through yer liver. Your liver doesnt feel pain and so the worst thing will happen

Banned for giving medical advice and not being a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Banned for giving medical advice and not being a mod.
    I think the medical advice is suggesting people take Paracetamol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

trust me, try the fresh oj and lucozade combo, it works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Hmm...I don't drink so I'm not susceptible to hangovers. I think I got them only once or twice in my life. Yeah, they ARE a total bummer! Thank God I don't drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I agree with everyone who says drink plenty of water, at least two pints or more if you can. This should be good enough for most people. But if you suffer from *really* bad hangovers then maybe your body is trying to tell you something, like eh don't drink :eek:
    no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

If i just force myself to drink as much water as I can it usually seems to work.. Also take two panadol during the night. And eat something before you go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

isnt lifeline just extra vitamins? I pop a few vitamin c in while im gettin ready, and usually eat something before i go to bed (although some times its not voluntary, the vodka talks: i want me sum garlic cheese and chips he says, oh hes a nasty devil!
    Il wake up grand but bout an hour up when i think ive escaped the sickness, il get the vommitting, passing out, general feelings of im going to die and screaming im never drinking again. hmm sundays are fun arent they

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

AFAIK, lifeline tablets are quite bad for you if used regularly. They're mainly charcoal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

They dont work for me just make me puke :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

They work for me I find them great theres ones called 'RU21' that work too. Also - cynara artichoke tabs are good too as they are beneficial to the liver. Im out tomorrow night and have to be up early for a competition on Sunday so I will be popping a few lifelines before hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

More alcohol is a good hangover cure. Not always possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

i find the best thing for a hangover is drinking heavily the night before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Yeah, the lifeline tabs are no good

Basically, you feel like crap cos you have a massive headache, and your seriously low on H20

Alcohol is like poison to your body, so it uses stored water to remove the alcohol, leavin you dehydrated

So, the best thing you can do is drink a pint of water and take 2 good pain killers [Nurofen/Anadin Extra maybe] and ye should be grand

I'm yet to experience the phenomenon that is the "hangover" :D

Advertisement