Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 40" HD LCD TV - no price yet - Sept 7th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gonker wrote:
    I've just returned from the Aldi in Drogheda and by 9.30a.m. they were sold out!

Oh well maybe next time I'll take the day off!

Any one know anything about the sotres on the west side of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Ballymount sold out as soon as doors opened at 9am.

I didn't get one - am stuck watching the 14" Black & White portable for another while !!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are they that good quality and value that people are thee since the crack of dawn waiting for shops to open? Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

kearnsr wrote:
    Are they that good quality and value that people are thee since the crack of dawn waiting for shops to open? Madness!
    Do I detect a slight hint of gealousy :p

All the Celbridge ones sold out first thing.....

I wouldnt mind a nice tv. Just a pity I have to work instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I seriously would suggest anyone who is going to spend that much on a TV looks at the projector option.

irish1 wrote:
    I seriously would suggest anyone who is going to spend that much on a TV looks at the projector option.

For that kind of money what would you suggest?

kearnsr wrote:
    For that kind of money what would you suggest?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311224

€100 cheaper and a much bigger image!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

irish1 wrote:

i dont think projectors are a viable option for a lot of people, especially given the dimensions of a lot of modern house's sitting rooms. Its easier to fit an lcd into a corner or above the fire place than it is a projector and screen

irish1 wrote:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311224

€100 cheaper and a much bigger image!!

Its not HD

• Advertisement

It is HD it supports 1080i / 720p and it has componet and HDMI Type A connectors.It also has a contrast of 5500:1

I know it's not an option for everyone but it is an option for a lot of people.

irish1 wrote:
    It is HD it supports 1080i / 720p and it has componet and HDMI Type A connectors.It also has a contrast of 5500:1

I know it's not an option for everyone but it is an option for a lot of people.

Sorry I thought you had to have a min resolution of 768 pixels and it only had 720

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

any idea what that dvd player they have at the moment is like?

the corpo wrote:

Which just the player? For €70 you cant go wrong

kearnsr wrote:
    Sorry I thought you had to have a min resolution of 768 pixels and it only had 720
    1280 X 720 is the minimum HD resolution which the PTAE900 has.

irish1 wrote:
    1280 X 720 is the minimum HD resolution which the PTAE900 has.

Yeah I know that now. For some reason I had it in my head it was 768! Would somthing like you posted work in a aveargely lighted rom?

Back on topic Palemerstown is sold out

kearnsr wrote:
    Yeah I know that now. For some reason I had it in my head it was 768! Would somthing like you posted work in a aveargely lighted rom?

Back on topic Palemerstown is sold out
    Well it has 1100 Lumens so yep it would work well in an average lit room, but obviously the darker the room the better result but that goes for any TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

kearnsr wrote:
    Oh well maybe next time I'll take the day off!

Any one know anything about the sotres on the west side of Dublin?

Apparently Aldi sold out in Liffey Valey and Coolock at 8:20am by tickets (stores open at 9) - I know someone who was there early and didnt get one.
    They had less than 10 in stock.
    Make me feel i missed out on something now... :/

Anyone get one? Any good?

Also 1400 euros seems like a very bad sterling rate from uk price of 850 pounds(also on sale today)

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 D3B04rd3r

anyone bought and set one up yet? any pics?

ozmo wrote:
    Apparently Aldi sold out in Liffey Valey and Coolock at 8:20am by tickets (stores open at 9) - I know someone who was there early and didnt get one.
    They had less than 10 in stock.
    Make me feel i missed out on something now... :/

Anyone get one? Any good?

Also 1400 euros seems like a very bad sterling rate from uk price of 850 pounds(also on sale today)

This seems to be the genearl feed back I'm getting from people I've been asking. I suppose T.V's arent there bread and butter so we can hardly expect them to get a rake in to keep every one happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

the corpo wrote:
    Yeah, picked one up yesterday. Neat player and played the few mpeg4 videos I threw at it with no probs. Has card readers at front, also has HDMI(?) and VGA o/p connectors at the back. Very nice on-screen menu structure.
    So far I am v pleased with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Did anyone here actually manage to get hold of one of the Aldi TVs ? would've like to have got one .. but all were sold out... just wondering if any normal punters got hold of this TV at all or were they all snapped up before the public got them <consipracy theory enabled>:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dunc69

Hiya guys be nice this is my 1st post :)

I got this tv thursday and after lastnight ( watched Robbie Williams live at Roundhay park ) must say am very impressed ans so was the other 6 adults and 3 kids that was here.

I work nights so I got to Aldi's at 7.30am and given a ticket told I could come back and pick up my tv anytime ( sod that I was back at 9am ) they must of been 20 folk outside being told all the tv's had gone there was nearlly a roit.

Anyway the tv its self if you do get one make sure your frontroom is big enough to acomadate it, I put mine on the wall ( big mitake ) it stuckout abit a foot from the wall and looked daft and after messing all day run out of time to move it :( Friday it was back on the stand and looks miles better :)

Did get chance to view the tv untill saturday when the football was on and the pic is fantastic but my god the sound is crap :( Hooked up my surround sytem to it and all sorted now, the concert was a good test for this tv and it passed with flying coluors.

Before this tv I had a Sony Trinitron Wega Screen (32" tube) so am used to a good tv and this one as beat that ( its now in my bedroom :)

Any questions fire away :T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

Picked up one also. The dvd picture through scart was not great IMO.
    I picked up some component cables in Maplin which improved the picture a bit but still wasn't as sharp as I hoped.

I then went back to aldi and picked up the HDMI dvd player for 70 euro.The picture is now as good as I hoped. Very nice indeed.

I ran my 360 through the component cables to great effect.

I'm off now to av forums to find out which settings I can adjust to improve the quality even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Tevion 40" Widescreen HD LCD TV €850 Aldi on 21st October

• Registered Users Posts: 24 tooler1

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd guess 1499.00 Euro

here is the price
    40" Widescreen HD LCD TV

€849.99
    check the aldi site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Check the date of the original post.

1499 was pretty good for 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and 850 is even better in 2007 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody point me in the right direction for a review of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ffs, dragging up a year old post rather than posting a new one with all the correct details. pfft.

please don't post here you'll just confuse people.

new thread for Oct 2007 is HERE -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54230725

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement