Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

gian wrote: »
    i have bought alot of things from there before, they are trustworthy and reliable.

Thanks, is it ok if I order AEG from there or I shoud have problem with the customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

T.w.a.T. wrote: »
    Thanks, is it ok if I order AEG from there or I shoud have problem with the customs?

i would say have a local retailer order it from the site it'll be convenient for you in the long run, just incase the gun breaks down then you can just bring it back to them and have it fixed if its still covered by warranty rather than contacting airsoftglobal and shipping it back just to be fixed

ive ordered a ICS MP5SD6 before, i never had any problems with the customs eventhough its a full metal one...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭AndyB_26

Anybody dealt with any other camo clothing stores in ireland uk except flecktarn.co.uk. Is they any other , just want to compare prices and stock

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

I've used www.armyshop.ie and find the prces and range are very good.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

that site looks good have they got any walk in store??
    steevee wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Has anyone ordered from OpsGear.com recently? What was the delivery time?

It's been a while since I ordered from them.

steevee wrote: »

Hi Steevee . Cheers for that, site looks good. Must a good look

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    These are pretty decent. Most of the retailers will have 'em in stock.
    Cheers fir that Saulgoode. Can you tell me the difference btween the mAh and the V.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Voltage is what's driving the current (Lefty should know this, yet he probably got it wrong) and Mah is the capacity of the battery the higher the Mah the longer it'll last.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Voltage is what's driving the current (Lefty should know this, yet he probably got it wrong) and Mah is the capacity of the battery the higher the Mah the longer it'll last.

Cheers Lefty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

AndyB_26 wrote: »
    Cheers Lefty
    Not a bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

scanlant wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from OpsGear.com recently? What was the delivery time?

It's been a while since I ordered from them.

stay away from there Tadgh well at least Email them and see if they have what ya want first as they messed me around there for the best part of 6 weeks and sent me nothing
    the oul its in our other wharehouse bit
    so its kinda like ebaybanned which brings me to this

ive been checkin there site every nite like a crack fein in the projects in balitmore
    for the spectre site and they got one instock today so yeah i went for it just like the crack fein i had to have me hit lol

ill post back cordially if/when i get it lol

I know they messed about with my order looking for ID etc, looks like they still have that policy from reading online, UKTactical will get my order yet again.

Thanks, Moggser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

yeah your better off too

moggser wrote: »
    yeah your better off too

Yeah, forgot to mention that they got 240 euro worth of stuff to me in 3 days during the first week of the New Year. They're bloody legends.

Looks like I'm dropping another 150 on some more Gucci kit :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

http://www.radios-uk.com

One of the best online shops I have dealt with. Everything you need in comm's, good price and super fast shipping,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Rambler's Way on Mary Street are doing Magnum Elite II boots at what they say is half price, which means 80 quid, which is a good deal. I got a pair yesterday for day-to-day stomping about and they seem great so far (speaking from a position of some experience with day-to-day stomping about in black tactical boots).

UPDATE:

Went in today and they had a selection of 'normal' Magnums at sale prices on a rack at the door. The Gucci waterproof ones (Elite II 8) were on a separate display with no prices. When I asked I was quoted €140:eek:. However, I explained to the very nice man that my mate (congrats Shane - you're now my mate!;)) was in only a few days ago and got them for €80. Apparently 'all those ones are gone now', however with very little cajoling he agreed to give them to me for €80 too.

So the moral of the story is, if you want a pair get down there and tell them that 'yer two mates got them for €80' and they'll sort you out!!

Thanks again for the tip-off Shane.

PS: Stay away from the Magnums with the side-zips. I've just busted the zips on my third pair so I've finally learned my lesson!:o Speed laces FTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

UPDATE:

Went in today and they had a selection of 'normal' Magnums at sale prices on a rack at the door. The Gucci waterproof ones (Elite II 8) were on a separate display with no prices. When I asked I was quoted €140:eek:. However, I explained to the very nice man that my mate (congrats Shane - you're now my mate!;)) was in only a few days ago and got them for €80. Apparently 'all those ones are gone now', however with very little cajoling he agreed to give them to me for €80 too.

So the moral of the story is, if you want a pair get down there and tell them that 'yer two mates got them for €80' and they'll sort you out!!

Thanks again for the tip-off Shane.

PS: Stay away from the Magnums with the side-zips. I've just busted the zips on my third pair so I've finally learned my lesson!:o Speed laces FTW!!

Good to know :)
    Totally agree on the side-zip magnums - total rubbish. Luckily I only ever got the zips once, but they busted within about 4 wears. The elites are nice tho.

ps. I'm gonna say that you guys got them for €40! Where's mine for €40!!!!!????:p

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Glad that worked out for you. The Elite IIs were on the rack out front when I got mine so maybe they did indeed sell all of those ones in the meantime.

Side zips on boots have fairly limited application, I'd say. I had ones as part of a work uniform once and they're dead handy when you need to get them on in a hurry for a call-out in the middle of the night, but for airsoft purposes if they're laced tight enough to run about in woods in, they'll put a lot of strain on the zip. And boy, when the zip does go it's nigh impossible to even walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

140 for magnums jaysus bought my elites originaly in army non bargins 4years ago still going strong ,
    should start to see the new ION mask magnums turning up soon in stores ,
    100% waterproof from the leather to the laces for around the 140 -50 mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Doobie01

Hi all. Has anybody had dealings with Boomarms recently? I want a new gas bolt for my Kar and they seem to be the only ones with stock but I am getting no reply to my order. Thanks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Doobie01 wrote: »
    Hi all. Has anybody had dealings with Boomarms recently? I want a new gas bolt for my Kar and they seem to be the only ones with stock but I am getting no reply to my order. Thanks :confused:
    Are they a Chineese Co? whats the web address?
    If they are Chineese ite their New Year Hol's at the mo, thats why you wouldnt get a response for a week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

Was just wondering has anyone had any dealings with them good or bad? i was thinking of buying a few bits off them but the free postage sounds too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Doobie01

NinjaLmk wrote: »
    Are they a Chineese Co? whats the web address?
    If they are Chineese ite their New Year Hol's at the mo, thats why you wouldnt get a response for a week at least.

Thanks Ninja. Yes there Chineese. That would solve that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Anyone notice any delays with Ehobby? Ordered a silencer and a foregrip of them on the 7th of this month and still no sign?

EDIT: Forgot about Chinese New Year!

Hi All

'will a dboys M4 cqb take a 9.6v 2000mAh battery or will it need any modification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

AndyB_26 wrote: »
    Hi All

'will a dboys M4 cqb take a 9.6v 2000mAh battery or will it need any modification
    wrong thread mate
    here the one you want:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1119
    and yea should be grand,but make sure.

cheers Deco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Paterson wrote: »
    Was just wondering has anyone had any dealings with them good or bad? i was thinking of buying a few bits off them but the free postage sounds too good to be true?

They are good in my opinion, however - after you've been waiting a few weeks - only to find half the stuff hasnt been sent - it can get "tiresome". Once you expect it - it's not so bad. The stuff always turns up too. I've never really had a bad experience with them (that they didnt fix) and that's dealing with them since 2007.

Thumbs up from me and many other here too I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Anyone know when the Chinese holidays are finished?

Advertisement