Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    what was the shipping cost like?

sorry tony, only saw the question now...

not bad, they seem to have a standard charge between 11 and 12 stg. For that you can get quite a few things.

actually if you go thru their order system they tell you it...its a bit clunky but works..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Has anyone ever ordered anything from http://www.replicaters.com/ before?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

never buy anything from SAS (special airsoft supplies) bought from them some items from dec 11 and until today nothing recieved nor any confirmation letter that the item was shipped or probably delayed/cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Have you tried contacting them?

yes. left a message on their email, live messenger, answering machine and up until now NOTHING btw heres another article to read so that you wont be dissapointed when you accidentally give your money away LOL

http://www.popularairsoft.com/retailer-shootout-rsov-com-and-special-airsoft-supplies-sas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

unfortunately special airsoft supplies do not have the best rep and are know as being a bit of a cow boy outfit, they have a lot of items on there site for sale that they do not stock or are even out of production but will still take your money

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/721/sort/2/cat/35/page/1

thanks for another info sir pudding i dont really know what step should be taken but something should be done on these kind of retailers (contact UKARA?), i wouldnt have any problem if their still using paypal but it seems that they removed their account recently so ive no choice but to use my credit card... seems to me that its their tactic of fraud and tricking people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

gian wrote: »
    thanks for another info sir pudding i dont really know what step should be taken but something should be done on these kind of retailers (contact UKARA?), i wouldnt have any problem if their still using paypal but it seems that they removed their account recently so ive no choice but to use my credit card... seems to me that its their tactic of fraud and tricking people.

If anything the credit card companies are even stricter than Paypal about that kind of nonsense. Contact the company and explain what happened. If enough people do that, their ability to take credit cards will be revoked.

EDIT: Also....they might be able to revoke the payment under certain circumstances, so you could get your money back.

as tony said if you paid with credit card that might be a bit of luck, give your issuer a ring, explain the situation , they will almost always as for something in writing and then they can start a charge back procedure

cool thanks guys will do that the first thing this comming monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

I know some airsofters will have had a good experience with KHMountain but for the sake of balance here are my expereinces.

I ordered some kit back in early November. I heard nothing back for quite a while despite several emails. When I eventually suggested I was going to open a PayPal dispute they replied inside 24hrs to tell me the items weren't in stock and offered me a full refund (which I gladly accepted). Order #1 never happened but at least it was resolved.

As friends have succesfully ordered from KHMountain I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and ordered another couple of items towards the end of December. I paid for the fast postage option and the items arrived in a reasonable timeframe, the problems started when I opened the package. The boxes showed no unusual external damage but one of them had an 'inspected' stamp on it and wasn't sealed. When I opened the box there was obvious external damage to the product AND there was damage to internal cables. Given the presence of the 'inspected' stamp and unsealed box it appears to me that they knowingly sent me a damaged item, possibly in the hope that I wouldn't be bothered to get it sorted as it wasn't high value item - not good! I emailed them pics of the box & damage, they accepted there was an issue and offered a repair or refund but only if I paid all postage costs involved. I have given them an opportunity to resolve this in a reasonable manner before opening a Paypal dispute but I'm not holding my breath.

Bottom line, they knowingly sent me a faulty item so they won't be getting any more business from me no matter what happens on this issue. As I said, many of you will have had no problems with this vendor, I have tried very hard to avoid this sounding like a rant but I thought it would be worth posting this just so others are aware of my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

no surprises here but tony in eirsoft came up tops again..ordered an ares scar-l through the partner products scheme on the 30th of december and it was ready to be collected on the 12th of january and thats pretty good going given the new year break and the seriously bad weather we had..full marks for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Just received another few bits from Airsoftpark.com
    Got a pair of copy 5.11 HRT's and the quality and fit is excellent. Got them for the Summer heehe. :rolleyes:
    Cost $73 inc postage. Ordered over the Christmas and they arrived the end of last week - (couple of weeks, but worth the wait and ok when you expect it).
    The communications were very good.
    Prior to ordering my biggest worry was actually the sizing - they seem hard to get in larger sizes. (any others ^^ I asked about larger sizes told me - ^NO^)
    However, AP said they had it no prob - and they did, which fit perfect and are seriously comfortable with great support.

All in all very happy and will buy again.
    Here's the actual boots:
    SANY2240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

where does one track an airmail package from hongkong starting with CP and ending with HK. they gave an post as the site to track on but doesnt work

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

where does one track an airmail package from hongkong starting with CP and ending with HK. they gave an post as the site to track on but doesnt work

cheers

http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp
    You probably tried here already...

Generally it's behind time and usually only shows up on the AnPost site if there has been an attempted delivery, or if's already been delivered. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

cheers

If it's been posted in HK then you can track it here - http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

the cp just means it's classed as a parcel vs an A4 sized jiffy bag.

Edit: rats 6:1 scale Defenderdude beat me to it, damn you iPod. If it's only been posted then prepare for a wait as hk probably have a bit of a back log at the mo from Christmas, I'm waiting on some stuff myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ebaybanned still giving me the stink finger.

I recently had to cancel my credit card, so essentially my paypal account is pretty ****ed. Although granted I believe I can link my bank account to it and still receive a refund, the sheer lack of service I'm receiving from ebaybanned is downright disgraceful.

3 1/2 months now...nothing sorted.

Ironicly I ordered a set of gloves of them two weeks ago, and sent them a mail informing them of what I ordered, the item was delivered by express and with me within a couple of days.

How hard can it be for them like unless they are complete ****ing mongs.

All I want is

A)Send out the bowman headset you were supposed too ( im still headsetless)

B) Send me out one of those shaggie hoodies, I'll pay the difference

C) Give me my ****ing money back.

And all I get is

" will update with news cordially"

CORDIALLY?!?!?!

I think they might be shocked to find that people who genuinely speak fluent language might be seriously un-impressed at how they plucked that word from the thesaurus.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i know most know that ehobby is a great site, i want to add to it:)
    a friend ordered about 12 items on a sunday
    he got express post via UPS and got to the country by next thursday, he wasnt home that day but was re-delivered on the friday
    so brilliant service from ehobby,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭johnnytiitlips

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

Just got my second order from dingodog airsoft. Thought I would give my opinion on these guys ……
    100% top job best site I have ever used. If you after blackhawk/5.11 gear etc. this is the place to go.
    Good prices, fast service. Denis is a good bloke that will look after you.

Mr.Pump
    Co.Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Well if you look at the shipping page on their website it clearly mentions that they won't ship 'airsoft guns or gun-like products' to a list of 8 countries that includes Ireland.

I found them fine to deal with - good communication and as quick as most of the HK suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Have to post about the ebay seller northgoody. Ordered a 551 replica for the measly sum of €40 incl p&p. Was told it would take two to three weeks for postage, it arrived exactly two weeks later!!! Communication was good they replyed as quick as they could taking into consideration the different time zones! Highly reccomended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/index.php

Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them, as they seem to be really, REALLY cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

i havnt dealt with them but its kinda like ebay, some people but there prices really really low but the post and packaging is really expensive

best to put retailer questions hear http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978008&page=169 but i've shopped with them a few times without issue, shipping is high if your only buy a couple of things and don't forget to add 25% onto total including shipping for vat duty and all that stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Yeah, I was thinking about the price going up. I was just concerned about them taking 12 years for postage, and then the items being bad quality when they did get here.

And apologies for the thread in the wrong place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭johnnytiitlips

theyre not mega cheap
    seem to be on a par with other low priced hongkong sites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Markom5a wrote: »
    Have to post about the ebay seller northgoody.

Have you a link? Couldn't find it myself. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Told by ebaybanned I'd be refunded in 48 hours.

Its now 11 days later....

This is gone beyond annoying at this stage....

Advertisement