Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ordered a multicam fleece-lined parka from landwarriorairsoft.com last week, they have a decent range of stuff and especially replica multicam if you dont fancy ordering from china, they are based in Edinburgh

Had a few emails back and forth with Scott regarding shipping and stuff to Ireland, the p&p was a bit more than listed on site, but he was very helpful in getting it sorted and getting the tracking number to me

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had my g19 sent out by ehobbyasia on Friday. Postie delivered it this morning. Fastest order I've had from them yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Two orders placed on Decemeber 31st. One with WGC and one with EbayBanned. Both instant payment with paypal.

It is now January 9th and I still have nothing. WGC did email me to apologise about some public holiday but I heard nothing from EbayBanned.

Emailed both for status on orders 3 days ago (if I don't have both orders by Friday, I don't have a working rifle for Saturday). No word from WGC. EbayBanned says the bipod shipped on the 2nd and the rest shipped after that in another package (didn't say whether or not "after" meanth 10 minutes later or a week later).

What are the chances of me actually getting these before Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

NakedDex wrote: »
    Two orders placed on Decemeber 31st. One with WGC and one with EbayBanned. Both instant payment with paypal.

It is now January 9th and I still have nothing. WGC did email me to apologise about some public holiday but I heard nothing from EbayBanned.

Emailed both for status on orders 3 days ago (if I don't have both orders by Friday, I don't have a working rifle for Saturday). No word from WGC. EbayBanned says the bipod shipped on the 2nd and the rest shipped after that in another package (didn't say whether or not "after" meanth 10 minutes later or a week later).

What are the chances of me actually getting these before Friday?

the same happned with me and ebaybanned, got no answer to e-mails or anything but then it just arrived about a week later or so

He emailed me back and apologised for the confusion (in doing so confused me even more), I'm just getting anxious that there's only two days left for this stuff to arrive before I planned to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've placed several orders with Paul in ebaybanned over the last couple of
    months and must say I've found him quick in replying (yes there's the usual
    Engrish issue but that's par for the course when buying anything from China).
    Overall I was surprised by the service and quality - in a good way!
    My only complaint was that I found sizing a tad inconsistent.

Delivery tends to take 2-3 weeks. Mail him for a tracking number if you
    haven't done so already. Once the parcel lands in Ireland you'll at least
    be able to track it from Portlaoise sorting office to your house. If the
    An Post site isn't finding the tracking number by Thursday I reckon it's highly
    unlikely you'll have it for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

I ordered stuff from ebaybanned on 17/12/07 and only got it Tuesday this week. Reckon the postal service was crazy over xmas as the post mark was dated 18/12/07.

Pants, just back from work, still nothing from either company. Looks like I'll have to postpone Saturday for at least a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Hi there all,
    First post, only on my second import from Hong-Kong (WGC) and my package (KSC Glock 19 M/slide) is stuck in Port Laoise - into customs.
    Obviously I know it's eventually going to arrive, but I can't believe how many times today I punched in that tracking number on An Posts site expecting to see 'from customs' but to no avail, looks like this is going to be a 3-day job.
    Bad luck for me as I should be due 2 more on Monday, when I'm not off work, and the other-half will go mental when the delivery man arrives at the door.
    I'm sure everyones heard 'what do you need another gun for' by now :D

Customs doesn't always strike, last time I got hit by customs it only added a day onto the delivery so it may turn up quicker than you thought. Smaller items or ones that aren't gun shaped, like magazines usually miss customs in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Squad 701: I know the feeling. My CA M203, 2 P229 mags and a few other bits 'n' bobs are in customs for the last three days.
    I'm getting a bit annoyed now since my last few orders just flew into and out of customs (there were charges due on both)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Customs doesn't always strike, last time I got hit by customs it only added a day onto the delivery so it may turn up quicker than you thought. Smaller items or ones that aren't gun shaped, like magazines usually miss customs in my experience

Yea same here, a few bits ive got from hongwong have been held by customs for maybe a day and then they arrived a day or two later with no extra charges.

Hi Guys,
    thanks for the feedback, but by Monday/Tuesday I will be an expert on the in & outs of customs delays and there ways.
    As of 12.10 today my KSC Glock 19 M/slide) is still into customs, that's since Wednesday morning, and a couple of there friends have just arrived to keep them company, luckily enough not in customs just yet though, they are a KSC Beretta M9 full metal & Tanaka Sig Sauer 229.
    And the moral of the story is never take time of work for deliveries, Murphy's Law - it doesn't work out.
    Now the hard part, gently breaking it to my good lady that a delivery man with some very heavy CD's/DVD's will be here on Monday morning expecting a lot of money :rolleyes:
    Plan 2 : mid next week explaining Custom Gock 26 (metal not 26c) and KSC Beretta 8000 Cougar (silver), books maybe ! Japanese heavy ones :o

WGC order arrived today. I had an email from them apologising for and explaining the delay. Good show.

EbayBanned order still hasn't arrived and I still haven't recieved a tracking number. I wouldn't mind them being late as much if I had the tracking number to know where they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

WGC order arrived today. I had an email from them apologising for and explaining the delay. Good show.

EbayBanned order still hasn't arrived and I still haven't recieved a tracking number. I wouldn't mind them being late as much if I had the tracking number to know where they are.

I'm surprised Paul from Ebaybanned hasnt given you a tracking number - I assume you asked for it specifically as I find he doesnt give them unless requested specifically.

I just got an order this week from him - it was posted on the 18 Dec so i guess there are delays...:( I wouldnt worry tho.

BTW, he has changed email address! - pm me if you need the new one.

Yeah I figured there were delays but I didn't anticipate this much

Finally got a tracking number from EbayBanned (2 and a half weeks after ordering and a week after requesting it). But he didn't say where I'm supposed to enter the bloody number? Anyone know where?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've had a (to date) outstanding experience with Tactical Airsoft Supply. I got a Guarder SOG vest (still to arrive), and a Tru-spec BDU top (which has arrived along with Alice clips). They don't sell Alice clips, which I had asked about for the vest MOLLE components, and the guy took the clips off his own LBV vest instead and sent them along as compliments for buying fromt hem.

They're quick to reply to emails (given the GMT offset issue) and very helpful. Shipping was reasonable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Cheers Rob

Apparently it left HK on the 11th. That's a long time after I ordered it. Not pleased.

No idea where it is now as the tracking number isn't recognised by An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Negative, seems to have gone via snail mail. Wonderful, looks like I won't see it for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Negative, seems to have gone via snail mail. Wonderful, looks like I won't see it for another few weeks.

Ring an post customer service 1850575859 with the HK post reference they can tell you if the package made it to Ireland. An post normally put their own reference on it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

great service from airsofteire.com again, ordered it on tues, arrived thurs :D

Hi all,
    Just a quick follow-up to last weeks arrivals. Out of four items two went into customs, the heavier metal ones, the ABS sailed through, obviously coincidence. The customs charges were €25 and €29.
    The delay in customs was two full working days, but as the second item went in on a Friday that stretched it out until the following Tuesday, maybe they get Sat or Sun off ? Nothing was opened or tampered with.
    The only real disappointing thing was the one item from the UN Company a Beretta Cougar 8000 Silver came in a box that was worse than second hand, it looked like something that came from the antiquities warehouse in 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' the gun itself had a few scratches on the slide like it had been used or well shop worn. It might need some attention as it seems to be working very erratically, any gunsmiths out there ???
    There packaging could do with a bit more bubble wrap, compared to WGC.
    It will be interesting to hear what they say in there response to the email I sent them, I'm sure they honestly don't sell second hand guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Order few bits from UNCompany before x-mass

I choose cheapest delivery option - airmail.
    It took them two weeks to post it.
    Two weeks was delivery time (Tracking number never appeared in AnPost)
    Customs had opened it (package had their seal all over it)
    Packaging was very poor. I was lucky that things didn't break in it.
    I would use them again - very cheap.

Well I'm expecting another order from UNCompany next Monday, hopefully the packaging will be a bit better. Maybe we're spoiled with WGC going mad bubblewrapping the gun itself and a few layers around the box, compared to UNCompany dumping the box in a large Jiffy-Bag.
    As for the Beretta 8000 Cougar, I've still had no response from them on the matter, I might return it if I can't figure out the problem with it.
    The first BB loaded always seems to stick, once cleared it will work very well, extremely soft trigger, other times first ball jam then the following BBs will come out nearly automatic expelling all the gas in the process. Now I notice when filling the clip gas is escaping as I'm trying to fill it.
    Any thoughts ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

zero19 wrote: »
    Ok during my international hunt for airsoft retailers in search of oddities i found this crowd in italy http://www.arcoefrecce.it/ ordered a small item from them to test the waters, payed via bank transfer as it's the handiest for me, waited a week, no confirmation of payment...Emailed them about it they said they haven't recieved payment but it has been sent 2 weeks previous, no reply since i have let them know that...I'm not a happy bunny right now :mad:
    Okay got an email yesterday saying order had been cancelled, got another today saying they made a mistake and it has been shipped finally, 2 months later... speaks for itself really, i won't be using these again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

theburi wrote: »
    Order few bits from UNCompany before x-mass

I choose cheapest delivery option - airmail.
    It took them two weeks to post it.
    Two weeks was delivery time (Tracking number never appeared in AnPost)
    Customs had opened it (package had their seal all over it)
    Packaging was very poor. I was lucky that things didn't break in it.
    I would use them again - very cheap.

I find them very helpful, awaiting a few bits from them now, expecting them next week :)

• Advertisement

3 weeks in and still no EbayBanned package, and no idea where in the world it currently lies either.

Advertisement