Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 MMORPG on the Net

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

WAR won't have any stealthers. At least not in the conventional 'completely invisible until the stab you to death' type of stealthers anyway. Good riddance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Age of Conan is going to be the next big thing. Mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

dlofnep wrote:

I second that.

Im in a great guild for AoC. Yup in a guild already for the game. The community
    is already huge.

Anything good you can think about an MMO this game has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

dlofnep wrote:
    It could come up against strong competition in the form of Warhammer, Stargate Worlds or Star Trek Online, as well as outsiders like Pirates of the Burning Sea and Tabula Rasa.

The next year or two are going to get pretty interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Phoenixc

Is Guild Wars not an mmorpg??

and im very surprised it is not on that chart!

I have played my fair share of online games ranging from WoW, Arch Lord, City of Heroes, RV Online, Battlefield 2142 and Guild Wars and so far Guild Wars tops the bill for me. Im always try new games to see if it matches or is better then GW but so far no luck. I was not really a fan of WoW but i can see how it would get better the more you play it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 _CrimSon_

best game ive ever played on the net is empire earth, if anyoen has it and doesnt play it then i suggest u try it, u wont be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Phoenixc wrote:
    Is Guild Wars not an mmorpg??

Not really.

Guild Wars 2 however will be. Should be out next year. They're reworking the game and from what they're promising it sounds like it could well emerge on top of all the others.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/feature-guild-wars-2-gw-expansion-unveiled-244666.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 echinacea

Kiith wrote:
    it does have over 6 million current subscribers...bloody hell, thats alot of cash. say...
    [Maths]
    6 million people buy the game = 6000000 * 30 (roughly)
    6 million people pay 12.99 a month = 6000000 * 12.99 (again, roughly)
    [/Maths]

thats 210 millions from the game sales, and roughly 985 million every year from subscribers....holy ****.
    Blizzard games are HUGE in the asian market. Diablo and Warcraft were totally Korean and WoW seems to be mostly Chinese.

subtract out that and you have about as many westerners playing it as other games i would assume.

Advertisement