Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP - Current Standings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

he wouldnt have been in that hand if the tourney director had seen him flash the jack to binger a few hands previously.......biggest tournament in the world on live tv and thats not spotted by the director.......his luck is in alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

gotta love a 6.5:1 Chip lead going into HU play for 12m :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Does anyone know whats Gold's link to Johnny Chan? Chan is running a muck for him

he did some tv work with chan i believe....chan thought him to play better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

He helped Chan out with some book and tv stuff.

Ive watched almost all night and while he has won every showdown ive seen, he has played really really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jem

must have a piece of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Apparently he used to be james Gandolfini's agent - I'm beginning to like the luckbox more.

Ok no I don't... But he's going to win isn't he... So I better get to like him fast. At least if he is gay it's something to cheer about. As that should offend enough redneck Americans so that entry next year will be easier.

delanec8 wrote:
    He helped Chan out with some book and tv stuff.

Ive watched almost all night and while he has won every showdown ive seen, he has played really really well.
    Ye I watched most of the night too, and thought he played well too, I'd say the TV programme will butcher alot of the good play though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Chan is wearing Bodog gear. I thought that last year he signed a contract with Paradise. Strange.

Wasicka's only got to double up twice to be even.

• Advertisement

Ste05 wrote:
    Ye I watched most of the night too, and thought he played well too, I'd say the TV programme will butcher alot of the good play though...

Yeah i don't imagine they will show the build up to richard lee's exit. Gold had been reraising a lot of Lee's bets and it seemed that he just got frustrated and took a stand. It was fascinating to see live but ESPN coverage you won't see how Gold set him up for that play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is the WSOP always held at Frat house?

Damn you guys with Broadband who can actually watch... I have to rely on cardplayer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

jobless wrote:
    luck box does it again.....
    plus he should have had a 10 min penalty for flashing the jack

What happened with the jack ? I had to head out for a bit..

p.s is it over all it says is "Thanks for Watching"

Bp! wrote:

http://a368.l2047451863.c20474.g.lm....eflector:51863

check out this link for it

delanec8 wrote:
    Yeah i don't imagine they will show the build up to richard lee's exit. Gold had been reraising a lot of Lee's bets and it seemed that he just got frustrated and took a stand. It was fascinating to see live but ESPN coverage you won't see how Gold set him up for that play.
    I actually thought that JJ push was terrible, there was just something about that Limp raise that I thought was his usual QQ, KK or AA move...

But BTW, WhyTF is Gold eating at the table?? Surely he realises this is the part that will be shown on telly for the next 3 years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Ste05 wrote:
    I actually thought that JJ push was terrible, there was just something about that Limp raise that I thought was his usual QQ, KK or AA move...

But BTW, WhyTF is Gold eating at the table?? Surely he realises this is the part that will be shown on telly for the next 3 years!!

didnt they say blueberries? anthocyanins and such...

Bp! wrote:

not over yet.......
    gold bet the river with q98xx......and binger was thinking of calling.......gold gave a bit of speach play saying the had the straight then flipped over a jack......binger foldid and gold showed his jack high bluff

Oh yeah i think the JJ push was horrible but you could see that Gold had set him up by reraising him at least 5 times earlier and making him lay down his hand.

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote:
    didnt they say blueberries? anthocyanins and such...
    ahh I'm in work watching it with no sound so thought there would have been an explanation. Hope it ends soon, so much work to get done, and that's with about an hour sleep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

good speech play to end the game!!

jobless wrote:
    not over yet.......
    gold bet the river with q98xx......and binger was thinking of calling.......gold gave a bit of speach play saying the had the straight then flipped over a jack......binger foldid and gold showed his jack high bluff

I think I just laughed and cried at the same time 1011.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

And its all over!Gold wins with Q9 vs TT, Q high flop and no improvement for Wasicka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

thats it, gold wins it, Q9 all in v 1010 on a Qhigh flop

one overcard and of course he flops it....

Hey Dave... I just found my microphone

For days people have been rooting for his demise, he himself said he did not want to win...and here we have Mr. Gold as the new Champion of Poker......is anyone celebrating?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 keeffor

what sort of main event was that? he got the luckiest hands ever....

He pretended to throw a bundle of money into the crowd and then he did!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

lucky im not to sure

its some achievement to lead the field for four days even if the deck is hitting you in the face

that siad i didnt see the final table but my gut says he must be good despite what peole are posting about him

Advertisement