Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Guide

Options
  • 08-08-2006 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

So is anyone going to be an orientation guide in september and wear those sexy yellow t shirts for the week??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Guess my application was in a bit late so I won't be getting a t-shirt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

I know a lad doing it, he got confirmation of it back in may.Im heading back dat week, cant week big sessions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya im doin it too it was a laugh last year. The only problem is the money you earn during the week is spent on drink before the week is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Brendygg wrote:
    Im heading back dat week, cant week big sessions :)

So you've started drinking already I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

cornbb wrote:
    So you've started drinking already I take it?

Hasn't everyone?? Well you better get your drinking caps on so that you are ready for a BULBS in week 1 or 2... and no excuses this time round... or I might bet ban-happy!!! Be warned :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

sorry meant to say cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Brendygg wrote:
    sorry meant to say cant wait

:D None of us can wait. This place is so dead over the summer. And in about 6 weeks some new crowd are gonna come and kick us out of our lab :(

440Hz, I think a month long binge will be in order when I get this thesis done, so a BULBs session would fit in nicely there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

yup. I'm doin it too, haven't gotten the details yet though, just got the request for availability email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm doing what I did last year - SU guide...all the benefits of orientation guide, minus the trekking about campus! except my voice was hoarse by wednesday, reduced to a husky whisper by lunchtime thursday, and inaudible by thursday evening. I lost it entirely. But definitely worth it! :D hip-hip hooray for first years!

I'm doing what I did last year - SU guide...all the benefits of orientation guide, minus the trekking about campus! except my voice was hoarse by wednesday, reduced to a husky whisper by lunchtime thursday, and inaudible by thursday evening. I lost it entirely. But definitely worth it! :D hip-hip hooray for first years!
    Ya when I was bringing my groups into the SU there was a guide who was struggling to speak, that was probably you im guessing :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    Guess my application was in a bit late so I won't be getting a t-shirt :(

Nevermind, we'll get ourselfs a Rag week t-shirt this year, savvy?

cooperguy wrote:
    Ya when I was bringing my groups into the SU there was a guide who was struggling to speak, that was probably you im guessing :)

Yes I'm guessing it probably was me alright. Say hello this year! :D

Yes I'm guessing it probably was me alright. Say hello this year! :D
    And how am I supposed to tell u apart from all the other SU guides!! The voice thing might just happen to more than one of ye!!!

cooperguy wrote:
    And how am I supposed to tell u apart from all the other SU guides!! The voice thing might just happen to more than one of ye!!!

There's only one of me! Well, there are 2 of us doing it this year, but we'll both be around at the same time! But I was the only one doing it last year, hence the lack of voice by the end of the three days! :p

Guys if you wanna recognise each other come along to the Beers!!! hint hint.. or else post a mugshot to the stick, that always works :)

440Hz wrote:
    Guys if you wanna recognise each other come along to the Beers!!! hint hint.. or else post a mugshot to the stick, that always works :)

Doh... that ruins all the fun! :eek: :p

Doh... that ruins all the fun! :eek: :p

Gees, Im a mod... im supposed to ruin all the fun :p

440Hz wrote:
    Gees, Im a mod... im supposed to ruin all the fun :p

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Spoil sport

*pouts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

On topic please :rolleyes:

kaimera wrote:

power to head has gone :D tut tut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:

Hey, who made you bos.....Damn!

No orientation guide for me either. Course no knowing where the Gym is, is quite the disadvantage :p

So there's only 3 boardsies doing orientation, shame on ye. We could have brain washed them into coming onto the UL board. I cant do it on my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cooperguy wrote:
    So there's only 3 boardsies doing orientation, shame on ye. We could have brain washed them into coming onto the UL board. I cant do it on my own :)

Ah well brainwash is sich a strong word, I preferer indoctrinate. I'll giv it a go wit my groups

We could set up a Soc... the Skynet for cool nerds aka UL Boards.ie... for people who know how to use more than IE and word, and still know how to have a good time :P

Any takers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Im a guide too! Sorry, I don't know if I count, I only drop by to the UL forum every so often....ye all seem to know each other?!

Anyways, I'll be showing the innocents how to get lost in a few weeks hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I will also be doing the guided tour...Possibly showing my sis around as well...
    Was a laugh last year and it's not exactly difficult work for the money... :cool:

🤪

woohoo to easy money! :D

Shyster wrote:
    ye all seem to know each other?!

Nope not at all.... the only people here who have met are those that showed up to beers last year.

rmacm, kaimera, peteeee, otacon, vuk, mossin all live together. sceptre is in the same course as most of those and well I just kinda bumped into them. we met fast_mover and nukem through beers, along with incisor (who I knew already) thats it!! noone else knows anyone afaik.. so come along to the beers and meet us, we are all fairly normal. check out the picture sticky if you dont believe me, and keep an eye around campus

Shyster wrote:
    Im a guide too! Sorry, I don't know if I count, I only drop by to the UL forum every so often....ye all seem to know each other?!

I know nobody :(

So there's 6 of us all togetherthat should be enough to spread the boardsie message further. And for god sake people tell your freshers that they should never EVER buy books thats what the library is for.

• Advertisement

Shyster wrote:

I don't know anyone either :( Don't post all that often though...:o

Advertisement