Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever lost the rag and trottled a skobe on the street?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You just look at me funny on a wed, in Sally's. *syringe lunge*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tusky, Lostexpectation, despite the fact you both think that no-one in the world who has ever used the internet has never gotten into a fight and won, stop posting. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

Not usually known for kicking off, I was in a rough kebab joint once in manchester in the winter and was just out of a nightclub at about 2am with a few mates and a few drugged up mankies barged in the kebab house shouting and left the door open, I was not chuffed and told them to close the door, and before I knew it this little fecker leaped out of nowhere and head butted me on the nose. Wasn't too bad, no blood, just a little dazed. When I came to my senses, all me mates were flat out on the floor having tried to step in but all got wasted.

A few years later the same episode kicked off, a load of druggies hyped up on some strong stuff barged into ... another kebab house... it all happens in kebab houses, they started pushing people around in the queue and I was having none of it, straight for the ring leader I got the fecker in a head lock and he could not get out. Dragged him around the joint till his face went red and he couldn't breath, the rest got sorted by me mates this time, and the bouncers on the door - rough kebab house! - the chucked all the druggies out, and I let go of the main knob ed who staggered out with his mates.

Only thing was, me best mate, got dragged out by the bouncers and they locked him out with the loopos. By god he got a fecking kickin and we couldn't do anything, they locked the doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

<snip>

Fair play boss, one of these days I'll be in the right frame of mind to do that sort of thing. They got what they deserved, the b*stards.

I've never lost the rag, no, mainly cos I rarely have stuff like this happen to me anymore. It would always be a big group of lads that would do it anyway, and I don't fancy gettin a hiding.

I used to have to put up with these sort of pr*cks all the time a few years ago. I've always been a decent fighter and quite strong, so I've always wanted to end up in a "straightener" (lol) with one of the boyos, but the problem is that the minute you start getting an advantage, their mates hop in. Or if they lose, then their brother will be around to ye. Or if ye chase them off, then they'll be back with the older lads from the neighbourhood (it's happened).

There's no such thing as a fair fight unfortunately, so I guess I'm lucky that I don't get hastle.

But one of these days I'm gonna go berserk on someone and no doubt I'll end up in court explaining why.

Bring back the vigis tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

DaveMcG wrote:
    I've never lost the rag, no, mainly cos I rarely have stuff like this happen to me anymore. It would always be a big group of lads that would do it anyway, and I don't fancy gettin a hiding.
    that's just it. you have to know when to pick your battles.
    there's absolutely no point in trying to take on a gang.
    there is the chance that they'll be cowardly enough to back off, but that's a chance nobody needs to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

the walter mitty gang rides again
    Caused lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 calmur

I wear glasses , so some scumbags think i'm fair game .Bad mistake .I grew up with 4 brothers .I learned to WIN real dirty.

Was jumped by 2 morons one night outside the house.Snapped the aerial off the old mans car and lashed the s*** out of the 2 of them.
    Once watched my brother grab two guys in a headlock and run them into a wall cause they were hitting a kid half thier size.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I suppose it's the having brothers growing up that makes you instinctively up for a fight. Have three, one older, one a year younger, one two years younger. Beat the **** out of each other every day. Since the three of them have All Ireland medals and records for strength, you get used to the pain. :P
    Handy to have brothers in secondary with you btw, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

InFront wrote:
    But he was on something, and was much bigger than me, so I legged it:)

On what?, a stepladder?, a unicycle?, a Shetland Pony :D

I suppose it's the having brothers growing up that makes you instinctively up for a fight. Have three, one older, one a year younger, one two years younger. Beat the **** out of each other every day. Since the three of them have All Ireland medals and records for strength, you get used to the pain. :P
    I have 2 brothers, but they're much older than me (8 years + 11 years), so I never asked them to help me with stuff like that, cos I used to be afraid they'd end up in jail!!!

I also wouldn't really feel comfortable getting them involved, since it's not their business/fight, and they could end up gettin hurt and it'd be my fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

DaveMcG wrote:
    I have 2 brothers, but they're much older than me (8 years + 11 years)

For a minute there I thought you were 7 years old or something:D

yeh I thought I worded it badly, but wasn't arsed changin it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Theres always an alternative to standing your ground against these scummers try one of these from a distance ofcourse ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Is it really? If you were fighting all the time at home, would they really turn around and stick up for you at school? :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I guess this thread ties in with the "feeling old" thread that is currently in AH also. i.e. nowadays at 25 I actually feel like "enforcing"(for want of a better word) the law when I see people getting hassled on the streets, whereas before it would be just minding your own business.

Reading "A Clockwork Orange" recently triggered this question of violence in the streets in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

yipp, loads of times when i was a kid, mainly because they would have desked me first if i didn't. Avoid confrontation with scum if possible now, not worth the hassle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Is the thread title in some kind of code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

We need to round them up into a barn, and set fire to it.

Surely this is the final solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

If only Eminem hadn't called in sick.

PS, Naplam Warhead for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Only ever hit a muppet once and that scared the livin daylights out of me.
    Was in a club in Ballina with a wheelchair bound female friend of mine.
    We were on the dance floor havin a laugh when this A$$hole comes over to me and says "whats the story with your Retarded Girlfriend"

I literally saw red mist as he said it loud enough for her to hear.
    I threw a punch in a complete rage and hit him square in the jaw.
    His jaw cracked and went to the right.His face just looked Wrong after it ...I was moftified I was going to be done for assult ...thankfully the bouncers actually listened to my story and threw him out broken jaw and all :D

I've never returned to the scene of the crime haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I once battled a scobe when I was all of fifteen!

Down a dark alley I tottered in my platforms having spent hours of innocent fun in the local bowling alley and had just gotten the last bus home. Anyway this scobe ran up to me and tried to grab my handbag. All that was in it was fifteen year old girlie make up and about a pound in money. Luckily I had my house key in my hand and slashed the little b astard in the face. He ran covered in blood threatening to get me at a later stage but that was all good - he was arrested on something else - and was identifiable by the scar I left on his face so unfortunately for him was banged up for a couple of years and I've long been forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

A couple of years ago I was walking in the city centre and saw a couple of 15 / 16 year old scumbags on bikes cyclying around a junction. They kept cyclying up to people, like right directly up to them, and shouting "BEEP BEEP", "Outta the way!" etc. When one of them did it to me I said no I wasn't budging, and if he wanted to get by me then he'd better cycle around me or I'd yank him off the bike. They cycled away after that, and I felt good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

BossArky wrote:
    sidewalk

Does his use of this word not bother anyone else? Surely americanisms are for the skobes?

EDIT:
    Just in case you're not sure, it's called a FOOTPATH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Yeah I have throttled a few :)

But I think the best was a few months ago a friend of mine was on the nitelink going through Ballyfermot and was getting hassled by some ****head behind him - the usually verbal abuse which then turned into smacks on the head.

So when the guy tried it again, my friend grabbed his arm and threw him over his shoulder threw the glass panel in front of his seat.....both of them got hauled by the cops, but only one got out of the stations 2 minutes later :) Guess which one (and now it wasnt the ****head)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I dont get any hassle now but when i was about 18 i used to be a punk,massive pole spikes,studded leather jacket,chains the whole bit.My nearest train station was in a bit of ****hole area and i often used to get a bit of verbal from these tossers hanging around,there tended to be a gang of them so i usually couldnt do anything about it.One particular night i got off the last dart and i was pretty pissed,as i was going up the metal stairs to the bridge i spotted this bunc of clowns halfway up,drinking.I just knew there was gonna be trouble and as i climbed the stairs past them one of them called me,i ignored him and reached the top ofthe stairs whereupon i heard somebody say "c'mere ya ****" and i turned around just as he ran up the stairs after me,eyes popping out of his his head.Without thinking i kicked him full force with my steel-toe doc,catching him right under the chin,he actually sailed backwards and fell about ten feet landing in a heap.I expected his mates to ratpack me but they did **** all and i never heard a peep out of them again except once yer man said "alright" to me with his mouth swollen up like an orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I think most people have a lot more important things to worry about then someone using the word "Sidewalk".

Things like kicking the crap out of scumbags.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

i hate little skanger ****ers with a passion.

1 day was walking down by the front of trinity and as always the path was packed with people. coming through the middle of all the people were this little knacker throwing shoulders into anyone that got in his way(mainly oldish people, tourists, kids).

so he gets to where i am(im the guts of 6ft and quite well built and he's about 3 or 4 inches shorter) and i throw a shoulder back into him as he went to shoulder me and i put him into the railings at trinity and he ended up on the ground. when he hit the ground i told him to cop the **** on and to watch who he walks into in future and that if he wants to look the "hard man" not to pick on granny's and the like.

he started shouting back at me that i'd be done and he'd be following me home bla bla bla. twats i hate them!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

there's always a gang of them. scobes are cowards. they only humiliate/attack/rob people when they're sure their equally scobish mates will back them up

Thats a fair point. I think that in most cases people around town would be reluctant to deck some slim jim skanger as they dont know whos watching and whos gonna emerge from round the corner.

I remember being in Temple Bar one night and seeing a little knack starting a fight with a foreign chap and punching and kicking at him, the guy was laughing as the skanger was all of 12 or 13 but as soon as he went to slap him away a group of knacks walked over from their horse and cart and wanted a piece of it. Pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I've never returned to the scene of the crime haha

Did that happen in Pulse by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Degsy wrote:
    I dont get any hassle now but when i was about 18 i used to be a punk,massive pole spikes,studded leather jacket,chains the whole bit.My nearest train station was in a bit of ****hole area and i often used to get a bit of verbal from these tossers hanging around,there tended to be a gang of them so i usually couldnt do anything about it.One particular night i got off the last dart and i was pretty pissed,as i was going up the metal stairs to the bridge i spotted this bunc of clowns halfway up,drinking.I just knew there was gonna be trouble and as i climbed the stairs past them one of them called me,i ignored him and reached the top ofthe stairs whereupon i heard somebody say "c'mere ya ****" and i turned around just as he ran up the stairs after me,eyes popping out of his his head.Without thinking i kicked him full force with my steel-toe doc,catching him right under the chin,he actually sailed backwards and fell about ten feet landing in a heap.I expected his mates to ratpack me but they did **** all and i never heard a peep out of them again except once yer man said "alright" to me with his mouth swollen up like an orange.
    SAVAGE :D

Advertisement