Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Stalking

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I actually saw snorlax in Eddie Rocket's on Dame St.,with a group of girls one time. About 6 months ago maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭MrVestek

LadyJ wrote:
    Yeah,that was you! You have long hair right?

I occasionally spot people from boards in Fibbers. If I'm drunk enough I usually go tell them that I recognise them. Then I talk about loud and important things for a while,before I realise I'm making a fool of myself and slink off.

Aye, pretty much what you did that night too. Sure they next time ya see me there come over and say hillo, drunk or no :P Hey ya never know might even buy you a drink!

LadyJ wrote:
    I actually saw snorlax in Eddie Rocket's on Dame St.,with a group of girls one time. About 6 months ago maybe.

No you didn't... pokemon aren't real! Although seeing a Pikachu in eddie rockets... now that'd be funny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hope she had a pokéball with her, sarah is hard to catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I wouldn't know what the other galway users look like.

;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I had some guy grab me at the christmas party last year and tell me he met me at the previous boards beers.

Thats the nearest I got to been stalked, doesn't do much for my confidence surely someone out there must want to stalk me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LadyJ wrote:
    I occasionally spot people from boards in Fibbers. If I'm drunk enough I usually go tell them that I recognise them. Then I talk about loud and important things for a while,before I realise I'm making a fool of myself and slink off.

slightly scary. one or two boardsters have been pointed out to me by a friend (who's a mere lurker, which is even scarier) in fibbers on any given thursday. cheap drink + games = mini boards beers almost (or so it seems)

and no, my pic is not in the know your nerds thread :p

slightly scary. one or two boardsters have been pointed out to me by a friend (who's a mere lurker, which is even scarier) in fibbers on any given thursday. cheap drink + games = mini boards beers almost (or so it seems)

and no, my pic is not in the know your nerds thread :p
    Hrm interesting, if you've played or spectated at any of the games i'm usually there, more often participating than not. Say hello the next time!

'Hey aren't you that guy that on boards and the... something about a church?'

Heh, hey it happened with GarthV there a while ago, acting all smug... that was untill I kicked his ass at Street Fighter 2 in the second tournie :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Achilles wrote:
    Hrm interesting, if you've played or spectated at any of the games i'm usually there, more often participating than not. Say hello the next time!

'Hey aren't you that guy that on boards and the... something about a church?'

Heh, hey it happened with GarthV there a while ago, acting all smug... that was untill I kicked his ass at Street Fighter 2 in the second tournie :P

i'm fairly sheizah at the games usually played (for shame, etc. etc.) so i'm a mere spectator, until i've drank so much i can't see the games anymore (hello absinthe last week :D)

if i recognise anyone i would like to think i'd say hi but i'd be more likely to point and say "i recognise him... from the internet"

i'm fairly sheizah at the games usually played (for shame, etc. etc.) so i'm a mere spectator, until i've drank so much i can't see the games anymore (hello absinthe last week :D)

if i recognise anyone i would like to think i'd say hi but i'd be more likely to point and say "i recognise him... from the internet"
    Yeah i tend to do that alot actually. Tis weird someone came into the shop where i work (still in work now as it happens) and i recognised them from MySpace... was sure it was her too so I walked up to her and said 'Hey you're blahblah from MySpace right?' she said yeah....

Yay now she thinks i'm a crazy stalker... woo! heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hold on...woah!

Fibbers has games on a thursday? And Street Fighter 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I saw Tar in my bushes last night.

sjones wrote:
    I saw Tar in my bushes last night.
    Dude shave once in a while ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    apart from the people on boards who I know and see every day/week.....
    I saw funkychicken when I was getting off a Dublin bus the other day

Also this thread should be called nerdwatch, stickied, and rules put on(like KYN) so you cant chat, just stalk.
    you were looking handsome as always

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Achilles wrote:
    Dude shave once in a while ffs!

LMAO! :D

I'm pretty sure I've seen Xanti before on a bus.. but who wants to do the whole "Hi, don't we know each other from teh internet?" thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Once, someone at the bus stop asked me if I posted on boards. I said yes. It was someone from the UCD board.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

^^ might have been myself?

i've met a load of the UCD boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've been in Thaedydal's house once or twice for some gaming :p

Pyr0 wrote:
    You mean.... she doesn't live in a cardboard box? Well hot damn there goes MY fantasy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

just posted in that 'know your nerds' thread but it seems pretty dead :(

and no..i dont think ive ever seen anyone from here? :( again..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Ran into Matthew the Big one day on Grafton Street, and met bluewolf one day in town. Apart from that, only at beers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

See loads of boardsies in Fibbers, but never anywhere else cept at the beers...

That probably says something about Fibbers, but buggered if I know what that something is...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

just posted in that 'know your nerds' thread but it seems pretty dead :(

and no..i dont think ive ever seen anyone from here? :( again..
    chatting in the KYN thread is a bannable offence.
    that said, i personally don't know you, but would be liable to stalk you as you are quite good looking.

pighead isn't here. someone had to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Pyr0 wrote:

Gambling eh? Is that what the kids call it these days? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

If you call 10 guys sitting in a kitchen with computers blowing each others heads off gambling, then sure why not ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Saw Matthewthebig on the number 10 bus. He was looking spiffy in his school uniform. :p

Also spotted Lemming around the Grafton st. area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Met snorlax, Andrew_83, stargal, Myth, xeducat and DrIndy in TCD a couple a years ago whilst I was there

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

This thread is class stuff. It is like that song "2 world collide" i.e. reconciling the boards.ie personality to that of the random punter you meet in the street.

• Advertisement

This thread is full of creepy people.

Advertisement