Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Stalking

Options
  • 07-08-2006 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, after spotting LadyJ in town on Saturday night while driving along in traffic I'm curious as to whether we can get an old sin.ie thread going here on boards.ie...

It's a pretty simple idea, if you see someone from boards that you recognise from their Know your nerds picture, you post here and say where and when you saw them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

NerdSpotting

I'm not sure whether angryb posted in that thread - but, I saw him outside a Garda station two days ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

apart from the people on boards who I know and see every day/week.....
    I saw funkychicken when I was getting off a Dublin bus the other day

Also this thread should be called nerdwatch, stickied, and rules put on(like KYN) so you cant chat, just stalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I was in the UCD Computer place last year and was posting here, and a girl boardsie sat beside me who was also posting on boards. Good conversation starter!*

*Obviously we didnt speak, just chatted online

PaddyReilly
    Tar.Aldarion
    Those the only two I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Someone roared "Hey Sparky's" at me one week while I was in my car while going down Georges st.

Whoever you were...I couldnt stop for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i had some guy recognise me from the KYN thread. he told me he was banned years ago though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You should have rules as mentioned earlier on this thread. Why? Because once in a blue moon you might end up encouraging some creep to actually stalk someone. Know of someone on boards who was actually stalked and the creep then PM'd her where she went that day from following her.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

You should have rules as mentioned earlier on this thread. Why? Because once in a blue moon you might end up encouraging some creep to actually stalk someone. Know of someone on boards who was actually stalked and the creep then PM'd her where she went that day from following her.:eek:

Okay that is extremely extremely creepy :eek: :eek:
    What did she do to resolve it? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Deaddude wrote:
    Okay that is extremely extremely creepy :eek: :eek:
    What did she do to resolve it? :confused:

She dropped boards and watches her back.:eek:

that's a case for the cops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Karoma wrote:
    NerdSpotting

I'm not sure whether angryb posted in that thread - but, I saw him outside a Garda station two days ago...

WTF? Quit stalking me man.....and I posted in that thread several times, can't get to much of a good thing after all ;) What was I doing outside the garda station? You sure it was me? If this was Thursday night probably best you didn't say hello, i was stocious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

She dropped boards and watches her back.:eek:

And I presume this person in question was banned? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Actually you will find most posters when they say angryb mean angrybanana,
    not angrybadger and I doubt Karoma was in waterford. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I don't see many people here on boards, pretty much because Im a reader not a poster mostly :)

Chello people

Thaedydal wrote:
    Actually you will find most posters when they say angryb mean angrybanana,
    not angrybadger and I doubt Karoma was in waterford. :)

ah, I assumed it was me, someone else was messaging me before saying they recognised me from somewhere, never did figure out who it was .....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

PaddyReilly
    Tar.Aldarion
    Those the only two I think.
    Where have you seen me?

I usually see, danniemcq, syxpak, grasshopa, sinus and jizzlord around the place in Galway.
    I wouldn't know what the other galway users look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah, I assumed it was me, someone else was messaging me before saying they recognised me from somewhere, never did figure out who it was .....

Ah the terrible thing of having an ego :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well this is kinda the reverse but LadyJ recognised me in Fibbers one night, had a right auld natter, I've also met a few of the boardsies at meets, Thead and Tellisein and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

See this is the reason I dont put personal details on the internet

I wanna run into Pythia and LadyLotts.....rar!!! :) Those pair can stalk me all they want, fcukin cuteness personified.:p LadyJ is nice as well, along with the blonde bird whos in a photo with two other Irish women and a black one.....gar I cant recall the username, but shes savage.

So how do you approach these ones if you see them, or do you? "Hi my names John, I use boards.ie and saw your picture, your fcukin hot as hell. I look at that picture at least 50 times per day"

*runs as fast as her legs will carry her*

From reading their posts Ive deduced from information they gave out the identities of at least to other boards members, as I went to school with them.

Deaddude wrote:
    And I presume this person in question was banned? :p

Yes, like he was later banned, but not for his stalking of her. She did not issue a formal complaint to boards mods or admins, although I pressed her to do so, thinking it was in her best interests and others that might fall prey. Apparently he got later banned for other reasons, which I am sure does not surprise us at all on boards.ie.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I'm gonna refuse to comment on seeing Julep. We drink in the same pubs etc so it'd just get boring! ;)

i know this guy and i know where he lives, so i'm going to stalk him starting now. or maybe later.
    who am i kidding? i'm too lazy to stalk anyone.

EDIT: we posted at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

julep wrote:
    i know this guy and i know where he lives, so i'm going to stalk him starting now. or maybe later.
    who am i kidding? i'm too lazy to stalk anyone.

EDIT: we posted at the same time.

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nearly sure I saw mr angry around DKIT a couple of years ago. Not sure if it is him or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I see youcancallmeal the whole time but that's cos I work with him!
    (as you can see from my pic!)

Dont think i've seen anyone else around except the people I've dealt with in For Sale/Adverts. Though I would like to run into some of the girls in the KNY! :D

Thaedydal wrote:
    Ah the terrible thing of having an ego :)

'tis a divil t'be sure :D "My God!!! Those letters are in my name, so they must be talking about me!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Achilles wrote:
    Well this is kinda the reverse but LadyJ recognised me in Fibbers one night, had a right auld natter, I've also met a few of the boardsies at meets, Thead and Tellisein and the likes.
    Yeah,that was you! You have long hair right?

I occasionally spot people from boards in Fibbers. If I'm drunk enough I usually go tell them that I recognise them. Then I talk about loud and important things for a while,before I realise I'm making a fool of myself and slink off.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

LadyJ wrote:
    Yeah,that was you! You have long hair right?

There's a lot of people with long hair in Fibber's!
    I dont seem to recognise any Boardsies in there! Prob too drunk... €3 thursdays!

I made a thread on this once ....:),
    I seen connundrum once since then and no I didnt go up to him
    I walked on and left him waiting for his bus !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Caco wrote:
    There's a lot of people with long hair in Fibber's!

I know but it was him as far as I remember.

I dont seem to recognise any Boardsies in there! Prob too drunk... €3 thursdays!

I almost instantly forget what people look like if I only see their pic but anyone I recognise from boards,I've usually met before at the beers.

Advertisement