Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car part IV (new pics only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

nice car lafors, did you see the new civic hybrid coming out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Love them new civics lafors, probably the nicest looking new car on the market.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Kersh wrote:
    Love them new civics lafors, probably the nicest looking new car on the market.. :)

Thanks :) I was going to get the Golf FSI 2.0 or the Leon 2.0 FSI s,
    but the options on the civic were much better for the price, the only thing was they couldn't get my colour....neutron blue, so I went for the Royal Blue pearl instead, like it but would have prefered the neutron blue.

steve06 wrote:
    nice car lafors, did you see the new civic hybrid coming out soon.

Yeah heard about them alright, same body as mine. None available till spring 07 though, same for the hatchback version.

I have to say the coupe style 3dr version of my from japan looks sweet, better than the 3dr hatchback...in my opinion ;)
    If you havent seen it check ....
    http://paultan.org/archives/2005/09/03/2006-honda-civic-photos/

I read that the UK aren't getting the civic saloon, only in hybrid version. Something to do with Irish ones coming from Japan...didn't make much sense to me, its not as if we drive on different side of the road to the UK, which is what the article was pointing at. But anyway I dont care, I have mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Beautful S Class Niallers... the W220 is just so much more elegant than the new model...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Yeah Sky

The new one reminds me of the old east german wimmin olypic athletes, stern faced and pumped up through overuse of steroids.

Still though it's got distronic based cruise control which will stop ya, night vision and the rest. I'll see how I get on with this one for the next 6 years before being able to afford the new model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jaus nialler you could have at least gone outside and taken the shot! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lafors wrote:
    I read that the UK aren't getting the civic saloon, only in hybrid version. Something to do with Irish ones coming from Japan...didn't make much sense to me, its not as if we drive on different side of the road to the UK, which is what the article was pointing at. But anyway I dont care, I have mine :D

Demand for saloon cars of this size in the UK is very low. They prefer the hatchback version of these cars. The Civic saloon is built in Japan and the US whereas the 3dr and 5dr hatchback Civic are built in the UK (Swindon) along with the Jazz, Accord and CR-V.

The new Civic saloon is pretty rare over here at the moment too due to only being available as a 1.8 litre and costing around €27k. I hear a 1.4/1.6 version is on the way though for the Irish market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Irish seem to like small saloons. I remember when the Vento was released, it was 6 months after Ireland got it before the UK bothered importing it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Nialler- forget what Mike said. I think the lifestyle stereotype of an S-Class owner makes it acceptable to stay inside in the luxury of the house which is just slightly better than the car.

It's not a quiet as the LS, but my God is it quiet. Shortest 3 hours of my life spent in the back of one a few weeks back

Lafors- that Civic is classy, and I wonder how they managed to prooduce such an ugly8 hatch sibling. A taxi driver in Limerick picked me up one night in the saloon. He just picked it up the week before and was delighted with it. I must say it's a nice car. Does the 6 speed remove a lot of noise at cruising speed?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

9r

I'm far from the stereotype, #3 blade, wear fleeces or tshirts all the time, get some funny looks cos they think I've stolen it, spotted a bloke today about the same age as meself driving one, what was he wearing, shirt and tie, what bothers me though is that Mr Clarkson, Mr May and Mr Hammond all coughed "Merchant Banker" when mentioning the S class, is it that bad?, they said the E was all you needed.

Clarkson drives an SL55 plus his GT, but that's just sex on wheels, Hammond drives a 911 or so we're led to believe and as for Mr May, he walks faster than he drives.

Anyway back on topic I had one pic of my car, and the topic said new pics, so working from home I said f*ckit, not gettin off me fat lazy ar$e, I'll take a piccy with the phone (seems to be the trendy thing to do on this forum) opened a window fired the camera, stuck the bluetooth thingy into the mac and jobs oxo, new pic, sorted.

bit drunk now, season 2 of prison break to watch, have fun!

ninty9er wrote:
    Lafors- that Civic is classy, and I wonder how they managed to prooduce such an ugly8 hatch sibling. A taxi driver in Limerick picked me up one night in the saloon. He just picked it up the week before and was delighted with it. I must say it's a nice car. Does the 6 speed remove a lot of noise at cruising speed?????

I have to say i don't like the hatch either, I would like to have seen a hatch version with the same nose as the saloon.

I only have it a few days and I'm delighted aswell. The Gears are wierd...for me anyway coming from a 1.6 focus. I find that I'm turning corners too fast by putting it in 2nd....I give it too much gas....its a bit faster.
    I also put it from 2nd to 5th without really noticing, the focus wouldn't be too forgiving for that.
    The 6th gear is great for cruising, a fair bit quieter, and hopefully reduce the amount of petrol I using :)

All in all a great car so far, i haven't found anything bad yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭1275gt

beep.jpg

update on me car, had the suspension upgraded all round, got me a roofrack & some spotties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Scooby-anonymous.jpg

Mrs picking it up today, me drives it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Collected this two weeks ago - I'm delighted!!

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Had this a while now, might aswell stick up a picture or 2..

th_DSCF0947.jpg

th_DSCF0946.jpg

th_DSCF0945.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Here's my new (to me) bus. When you live 130 miles from the office you need a bit of comfort, and the old Focus wasn't obliging....
    newcar.jpg
    It's got leather & wood, cruise control, air con and everything's electric. :D
    It's a bit long though, making multi-stories a bit of a nightmare. I nearly left my front bumper behind in the car park behind Jurys at the IFSC yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

This is my baby - currently for sale, http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=19064&cat=all

Really comfortable for long journeys and gotta admit it delivers pretty good mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

When I got her....
    290027849a1502520246b78699641l.jpg
    After a wheel change
    290027849a3967252328b994063146l.jpg

290027849a3609410749b870044620l.jpg
    ...And inside
    290027849a1759289345b500480231l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

I've never seen such a dull collection of pictures . . .what next? Post a picture of your wheelie bin? :rolleyes:

Here's mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

I've never seen such a dull collection of pictures . . .what next? Post a picture of your wheelie bin? :rolleyes:
    .....well actually if ya look close at my second pic!!!
    290027849a4012545888b535250399l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

slickmcvic wrote:
    .....well actually if ya look close at my second pic!!!

is that a purple wheelie bin? very nice :D;)

i would post pics of my car but its a dull 1.4l ford focus, wait 6 months till i have something much much better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

Work car

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rob185

my new(to me) yaris t sport :)
    On Irish plates now, thats just the dealer pic. Want to shine her up before i take any!

yaris.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

My Latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Very nice JoeA3. What the spec?

Shayser - its blue graphite (a bit rarer, looks spectacular in this sunny weather), manual. 18" alloy upgrade, climate, armrest+iPod, upgraded computer, plus all the usual GTI bits and bobs. Fabulous car, best I've had yet. Goes like stink, handles lovely, feels very solid on the road, if a tad harsh on the bumps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

The 18s look well. Is the ride very hard? I've got 17s at the mo and it can be bumpy. The stealer was trying to convince me to stay with the 17s!

• Advertisement

The ride is hard, but not noticeably harder than my previous car (Audi A3 on 17's). The 18" wheels make all the difference to the looks, no comparison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement