Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car part IV (new pics only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

bennyx_o wrote:
    Not nit-picking here or trying to start an arguement. Everyones entitled to their opinion, but why is it a "gay" car?

Gordon Murray has/had one. Thats all the Kudos it needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Honda Accord Aerodeck 2.0i Automatic
    And, no, I'm not a boring b@stard with lots of kids....
    I'm a boring b@astard with a BIG dog :eek:
    It does have an induction kit on it which is fun - especially when there's a tarted up civic in front of you and a cop walking up the street with his back to you... They never suspect that it was the estate car with the dog in the back that just all the noise before they turned around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

bennyx_o wrote:
    Not nit-picking here or trying to start an arguement. Everyones entitled to their opinion, but why is it a "gay" car?

I agree - it's just my opinion. Just the colour and the shape of the car is gay IMO. It looks like what Mr. Bean would drive in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Merc Mad/Dave D - lovely looking selection of cars there.

Dave D - is that the Daley Enterprises black 323ci parked opposite you in the second pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

audia6.jpg

Dsc00810.jpg

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Here is my fuel guzzeling toy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Love the RX8. Real fuel guzzlers alright. Father had one as a toy as well, but wrote her off :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mike65 wrote:
    Mike.

Automatics FTW :) My (well soon-to-be-mine - I've never looked forward to the END of a bank holiday so much!! :p) new Passat is an Auto too.

I'm sold on autoboxes now, it would take something a bit special without one for me to buy it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

And oil.......I had one for three weeks and thought there was something wrong with it, it drank a litre of oil in three weeks.:eek:

• Advertisement

Have to say I have not found oil a problem.....I check it once every two weeks and only put in small amounts of oil. I think that if you bring 318 fuel and oil comsumption values to an rx8 you will be disappointed but the rx is a proper sports car and things such as ruinning costs are of secondary importance to how it goes which is very very well. I run about 21 MPG on petrol and I keep a small bottle of 5w30 in the boot just in case, well worth it when you are keeping the renesis engine at 7000 RPM for most of the time...highly reccomend this car if you are into driving something other than a sofa on wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

My M5 is a real sports car and isn't that heavy on oil, I'm not cribbing btw, I don't mind spending money on cars.:)

I agree - it's just my opinion. Just the colour and the shape of the car is gay IMO. It looks like what Mr. Bean would drive in the future.

Actually Mr Bean has/had a mclaren f1 designed by Gordon Murray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Actually Mr Bean has/had a mclaren f1 designed by Gordon Murray.
    Really? I could have sworn it was a lime-green Mini.

http://img.search.com/f/f3/300px-Mr_bean_car.jpg

Maybe you're confusing him with the actor, Rowan Atkinson....

Really? I could have sworn it was a lime-green Mini.

http://img.search.com/f/f3/300px-Mr_bean_car.jpg

Maybe you're confusing him with the actor, Rowan Atkinson....

Probably, my bad.

Moving right along...(back on topic)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Still running after 4 years!

S3700006.JPG S3700007.JPG

S3700005.JPG S3700009.JPG

S3700003.JPG S3700011.JPG

S3700010.JPG S3700012.JPG

S3700086.JPG

Here's to the next four.

never owned an alpha but they are lovely looking cars....the new gt is georgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

never owned an alpha but they are lovely looking cars....the new gt is georgeous.

The Brera looks the best of the lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Max_Damage wrote:
    The Brera looks the best of the lot though.

I can't think of a modern Alfa that even comes close to the design of the Mk1 156.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Just washed and waxed.

PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG

Mightn't set the world alight but I like it until I buy myself something bigger/newer for my 21st

Have to say I have not found oil a problem.....I check it once every two weeks and only put in small amounts of oil. I think that if you bring 318 fuel and oil comsumption values to an rx8 you will be disappointed but the rx is a proper sports car and things such as ruinning costs are of secondary importance to how it goes which is very very well. I run about 21 MPG on petrol and I keep a small bottle of 5w30 in the boot just in case, well worth it when you are keeping the renesis engine at 7000 RPM for most of the time...highly reccomend this car if you are into driving something other than a sofa on wheels.
    Love those RX8s - they're a breath of fresh air.
    One thing that has always bothered me...how does one differentiate externally between the 190 and 230 ps versions (and which version do you have)? I've examined both from every angle and can't find any difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Theres a full leather interior in the 230 along with a Bose stereo and 6 CD changer and of course more power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

DaveD wrote:
    My M3

image1.jpg

This isn't you're M3 by any chance is it daveD ? I seem to be the one who spots alot of cars that people own on boards :D

image1086gg6.th.jpg

Hj

bennyx_o wrote:
    Theres a full leather interior in the 230 along with a Bose stereo and 6 CD changer and of course more power.

You are correct but I have a 192 while I have no leather on the seats I do have a sports pack which give me the BOSE sound system, the big alloys and other good stuff. Took both the comfort and exclusive for a test drive and really could not find a difference in the drive. The low power is a bit more torquey while the high power revs higher....anyway when I upgrade I will go for an exclusive and tell you then.....the high power also has a rotary symbol on the frint grill and some have side finns behind the front whels

• Registered Users Posts: 65,148 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bmoferrall wrote:
    Here's to the next four.

Indeed! Super looks there, bmoferrall

unkel wrote:
    bmoferrall wrote:
    Here's to the next four.
    Indeed! Super looks there, bmoferrall
    Cheers Unkel.
    Now, if the gov see fit to change the tax system to the sensible UK model, those 4 years will be considerably less painful!
    Wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Fey! wrote:
    Merc Mad/Dave D - lovely looking selection of cars there.

Dave D - is that the Daley Enterprises black 323ci parked opposite you in the second pic?

Cheers Fey.

Yep, thats the one alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

HungryJoey wrote:
    This isn't you're M3 by any chance is it daveD ? I seem to be the one who spots alot of cars that people own on boards :D

image1086gg6.th.jpg

Hj

Thats mine alright, you must go car hunting in the evenings :D lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My Leon! Though now without the grey visor thing.
    Leon SE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement