Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with the Gnome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I would be awestruck in your presense but.. Well, you're miles away! :rolleyes:

What was the actual name of the USS Enterprise (NCC 1701-A) before it was named Enterprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

takola wrote:
    I would be awestruck in your presense but.. Well, you're miles away! :rolleyes:

What was the actual name of the USS Enterprise (NCC 1701-A) before it was named Enterprise?

It was the Yorktown as far as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Who would be triumphant in such a battle...

Captain James Kirk Vs Jean Luc Piccard???

Ooh Ooh! What's the name of the awful tune playing in background of picture loan advert?? :D

Lust4Life wrote:
    Who would be triumphant in such a battle...

Captain James Kirk Vs Jean Luc Piccard???

Neither, Janeway would come along and ruin everything.
    takola wrote:
    Ooh Ooh! What's the name of the awful tune playing in background of picture loan advert??

I'm afraid I've neve seen that particular advert, from your question I hopefully never will.

• Advertisement

So you don't have all the answers! I've been mislead :(

takola wrote:
    So you don't have all the answers! I've been mislead :(

I never said I did. You mearly assumed so and as we all know assumption is the death of goats.

Just as well i'm not a goat then isn't it? :p

Ah no, I'll stop with the stoopid questions now.. :D

who's better.. Marvin or c3po?

takola wrote:
    Just as well i'm not a goat then isn't it? :p

Ah no, I'll stop with the stoopid questions now.. :D

who's better.. Marvin or c3po?

Indeed is is however when you made the assumption a goat died.

Marvin is clearly superior, I have little time for C3PO. 8T88 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Will I pass my repeats?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

why don't people come on (to Boards) at odd times?

whos better Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom (be very careful with this answer)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

ah all is well in the world, welcome back wise and wonderful gnome!

in a battle of wits who would win, You or Amp?

Scraggs wrote:
    Will I pass my repeats?

It depends on what you are willing to do my dearest Scraggling...
    Doomspell wrote:
    why don't people come on (to Boards) at odd times?

whos better Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom (be very careful with this answer)?

Well it would seem that you have answered the first question yourself. People don't come on at odd times because it's an odd time to come on.

Well now whereas Mr. Bloom is merely pleasing on the eye, Mr. Depp can act, is a charming person AND is pleasing on the eye. Also Orlando has a bad back so he wouldn't be up for some of the more kinkier positions you no doubtedly have in mind.
    jules80 wrote:
    in a battle of wits who would win, You or Amp?

Neither, Janeway would appear and ruin everything. Either that or the instant the battle began the universe would cease to exist out of sheer horror.

dam janeway she always gets in the way!!!!! why could she not of been taken by the borg!!!

jules80 wrote:
    dam janeway she always gets in the way!!!!! why could she not of been taken by the borg!!!

Indeed she does, as does Commander "Chuckles" Chakotay. She was taken by the Borg and though it may have seemed to escape there is far darker more hidden truth to this 'episode' of her life...

What actually occured was that she was so crap they got rid of her and staged a giant fiasco to make it seem as though they were crippled just so she would never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Did Kirk ever get knocked back by an alien chick who fancied some Spock-love instead?

Are you a good dancer? Can you Polka????

Did Kirk ever get knocked back by an alien chick who fancied some Spock-love instead?

Indeed he did, take for example Jadzia Dax and her penchant for the pointed ear.
    Lust4Life wrote:
    Are you a good dancer? Can you Polka?????

Indeed I am, quite light on my feet if I do say so myself. What sort of fey creature would I be if I couldn't Polka!

as a gnome you are wise in the ways of the world, what do you do of a friday or saturday evening for light hearted entertainment??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

why does Fred want to kill me?

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Why can't so called 'imaginary' people see other 'imaginary' people.

Why did I get hazel eyes when my sisters got blue eyes? Not that I want blue eyes, I like mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Why won't you hug me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

because you don'ty know how to share.

You can't you justify your actions?

gnome doesnt need to answer this, fred doesnt want to kill you, just maybe hurt a small bit, and why.. ah the eternal question.. simple answer... why not!!!!!

why does fred make me say mean things to people and how can i stop him.... is it the brain parasites?

Will there ever be a sequel to Napoleon Dynamite???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Will there be a prequal to Born Free?

jules80 wrote:
    as a gnome you are wise in the ways of the world, what do you do of a friday or saturday evening for light hearted entertainment??

Activities considered illegal but partaken by many. Unless I have none left, in which case my evening is spent acquiring more.

It is human nature ot want to kill, an insatiable bloodlust to snuff out the brief candle of others. To prevent it? Kill him first, naturally. If it is to come to this then I place a bet of 50 Quatloos on the most inebriated of you.
    Doomspell wrote:
    Why can't so called 'imaginary' people see other 'imaginary' people.

Why did I get hazel eyes when my sisters got blue eyes? Not that I want blue eyes, I like mine

To answer your first quandry I would have to go into a detailed explaination of quantum physics which I simply don't have room for here. So in short it's magic.

Your sister got blue eyes due her genetic makeup she has two recessive genes to determine eye colour whereas you most likely have two dominant. Genes are complex and fickle creature prones to complication and the love to break Mendel's laws. Either that or shes your half sister..... or your adopted.
    Sofaspud wrote:
    Why won't you hug me?

Well owing to the fact we have never met physically, I've found it rather difficult to hug you. Some might say impossible.
    Matt Holck wrote:
    You can't you justify your actions?

Matt, I believe it may be time to cut back on the heroin
    jules80 wrote:
    why does fred make me say mean things to people and how can i stop him.... is it the brain parasites?

It most likely is the parasites that are influencing your behaviour, most likely planted there by Fred. Again killing Fred seems to be the solution here, may I suggest you use an elaborate plan involving auto-erotic asphxiation?
    Lust4Life wrote:
    Will there ever be a sequel to Napoleon Dynamite???

Ah wouldn't it be grand. I fear not, if there were however could it be as good? Alas never.
    Matt Holck wrote:
    Will there be a prequal to Born Free?

Seriously my friend, less heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dg101

Have you any advice for those of us who may wish to live our lives in accordance with the wisdom of the gnome? How can we become more gnomelike?

*starts by cutting down on his heroin*

*misses the spiders coming out of the walls*

• Advertisement

what dont you know?

Advertisement