Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with the Gnome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

why cant i sleep???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Tori wrote:
    Why is the sky blue?

Well my dear a timeless question indeed. A bright cloudless sky is blue because tiny waterdrops anmd other miscellaneous particulates in the air scatter blue light from the sun to a greater degree than they scatter red light.
    Demetrius wrote:
    How does one move through life's maze?

It's quite simple really, exchange money with these kind people.
    Does our universe extend beyond our event horizon ?

And

If you unscrew your belly button will your bum fall off ??

Of course it does, just because the light has not reached our beady little eyes yet does not mean it is not there. But alas due the nature of the universe we may even remain blind to certain parts even if we were to have the patience of a million saints diffused into some form of super saint, possibly called 'Billy'.

Gnomes don't have belly buttons, we hatch from leathery egg sacks.
    jules80 wrote:
    why cant i sleep???

Brain parasites I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

Gnome will I ever be rich?

Tori wrote:
    Gnome will I ever be rich?

If you have absolutely no follow-up questions then yes, yes you will.

:(

• Advertisement

is there a cure for said parasites?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

How on earth did you stumble across the egg???????
    I can't wait until 1 Aug to see what you hatch!!!!!!

L4L

jules80 wrote:
    is there a cure for said parasites?

Indeed there is.
    Lust4Life wrote:
    How on earth did you stumble across the egg????????

Stumbleupon.com, a trove of many treasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

What is the answer to this question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Why did God give us toenails?

• Advertisement

In the song 'Strangers In The Night', what does 'Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo' mean?

so what is the cure for brain parasites.. yes i know i should of asked that in the first place!!!!

why do i have so much stuff!!???

Why is it that the journey is often more exciting than reaching the destination?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

How did Homah get back...?

Who did he have to sleep with ( as if we didnt know :p )?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

When?

where is the gnome gone?? i need his help to make all important life changing decisions!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Greetings wise gnome,

Any update on that list of potential fe-boardsies mating list I asked for a few pages back. Any chance scraggs will become less attracted to wise gnomes and more attracted to handsome clowns as time goes by and if not is there any chance you could rent her out to me every now and again. I'll give her back, I promise.;)

Be exultant my friends! I have returned with scores of answers in hand. I ask for forgiveness as to my absence, the Starling or all living things has been causing quite a hubbub on the Southern Front and with the dearth of Badger cavalry it was up to yours truly to sort out the dubious state of affairs.

Now onward, I see I have been posed many a query. So shall we begin?
    Sofaspud wrote:

If I told you Sofaspud you would die quite slowly and in terrible pain. Perhaps because by ‘told’ I mean ‘fed you told the ravenous Plague Weasels of Ghelyuth for asking such a silly thing’.
    Demetrius wrote:
    Why did God give us toenails?

Ah you Humans and your gods, toenails are merely an evolutionary peculiarity, a meagre vestige of your simian fore fathers. In bygone days when man still subsisted in the splendid lofty trees, toenails were indispensable for gripping the rugged bark. I’m sure that perchance there was a tree bound ancestor or two born devoid of toenails but they soon plunged to the ground to be consumed, most likely by a giant snake.
    Tori wrote:
    In the song 'Strangers In The Night', what does 'Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo' mean?

It is a neurolinguistically based code planted by the Communist regime in China to activate sleeper agents planted around the globe. On this I can speak no more…
    jules80 wrote:
    so what is the cure for brain parasites? Why do i have so much stuff!!???

The cure is simple. The parasites nourish themselves on all that is ill and dark within you. Live a better life and the will shrivel to nothing more than empty husks and die.

Your penchant for accumulation is a simple by-product of your parasitic infection, give you unneeded possessions to those less fortunate. Unless they cool things, if that is the case forward them to me.
    Lust4Life wrote:
    Why is it that the journey is often more exciting than reaching the destination?

It is so because the destination is often boring and filled with inane jabbering hordes of equally boring tourists. Make the journey the destination and enjoy.
    homah_7ft wrote:
    Why? When?

Why not? Always.
    How did Homah get back...?

Who did he have to sleep with?
    He ‘got back’ quite well I assume but I am sure he does not want me to divulge his intimately embarrassing sexual exploits here for all to see.
    clownbag wrote:
    Any update on that list of potential fe-boardsies mating list I asked for a few pages back. Any chance scraggs will become less attracted to wise gnomes and more attracted to handsome clowns as time goes by and if not is there any chance you could rent her out to me every now and again.?

Well my dearest clownbag you may have thought I had forgotten about but I haven’t. After observing both yourself and a select few members of the opposite sex frequent this place, I have found the answer you seek however I must encrypt my response as not to alarm your victim/lover/prey.

. ≠ 2 8 6 8 10 12 14 16
    . = 2 5 8 11 14 17 20

As to my little Scraggling, she and I have drifted apart as of late. Things are not the same. It brings to mind the words of a dear friend. Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

. ≠ 2 8 6 8 10 12 14 16
    . = 2 5 8 11 14 17 20

. ≠ 2 8 6 8 10 12 14 16
    . = 2 5 8 11 14 17 20

That's not a question it's an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Should I drink Tea or Coffee now?

takola wrote:
    Should I drink Tea or Coffee now?

Well, if i were you I'd kick back right now with a delicious Chai of some form, perhaps even an Aztec spice tea. Both delicious and healthier than coffee.

How can a Gnome not recommend coffee?????? It's the nectar of life!

Lust4Life wrote:
    How can a Gnome not recommend coffee?????? It's the nectar of life!

The less others dinks the more for me.

AHEM, yes. Well I believe the nectar of life is in fact nectar.

Why does the bowl of petunia's say, "Oh no, not again" when it is inexplicably called into existence in the upper atmosphere of Magrathea just seconds before it impacts on the surface?

takola wrote:
    Why does the bowl of petunia's say, "Oh no, not again" when it is inexplicably called into existence in the upper atmosphere of Magrathea just seconds before it impacts on the surface?

I assume you haven't yet finished the trilogy of five you are referring to with this question. Unfortunatly the reason the petunias said such a thing is a central point in the plot of the later books. So I don't wish to ruin a spendidly eccentric tale for you by giving you the answer now.

I do in fact know the answer. So spill! :p

And when you've finished answering.. Who invented the total perspective vortex and why?

• Advertisement

takola wrote:
    I do in fact know the answer. So spill! :p

Very well, if you insist
    The petunias are in fact Agrajag, a being who is killed by Arthur and reincarnated. Repeatedly.
    takola wrote:
    And when you've finished answering.. Who invented the total perspective vortex and why?
    It was created by a man called Trin Tragula, he created the device as a means to aggrivate his wife

Advertisement