Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is going to SE 2nite?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

5starpool wrote:
    First it was '11 or 12 tables', then it was '13 tables, 130' runners, now it is '142 runners'. Odds on 150 soon?

Seems like there were at least 3 tickets anyhow, be good to know who won them. My list of who would do Ireland proud:

The Chief (at least I know he was playing anyhow, unlike the other 2)
    Eddie the Eagle
    The lad from the Fitz that I can't describe.

Vegas watch out :)
    Is that lad from the fitz with an english accent that always sits at the brag table with about a grand???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Fock tourneys anyway…
    I played really well I thought.
    Was on table 13 at the start.
    The table had a few micky mouse players,one total tight dude who blinded him self to death nearly and finally went all in with KK V QQ and the other dude spiked a Q .
    Wasn’t playing many hands at all as I was card dead as usual.
    Made a couple of steals and that was it.
    Then I got moved to another table and didn’t do much really and then by the break I had 6K from the starting 3.5K.
    With a rebuy I had 11K .
    Got moved to another table (3) very soon and first hand I get dealth KQs UTG.
    I make the standard 3BB raise and BB calls.she has about 4K left and blinds are 300/600.
    Flop comes QQ2 .she checks I ask her how much she has left and she goes “enough” and then she says 4K.i checked behind.
    Turn comes an 8 putting flush draw there .i bet 1800.she calls.
    River comes 5 or something rag she moves all in I call ,she mucks.
    Im up to 16K or so.
    Few hands later I get dealth QJ dimonds. Folded to me on the button and I made it 1700 to go.blinds were 400/800 but I thought they were still 300/600 so I had no idea that my raise was smelly.
    SB who is a decent player who has me covered by 3K calls.
    Flop comes Kd Td 2h.
    SB checks .i ask him if I can see his stack .i then bet the 6K .he thinks and then shoves them all in.i call him .he has JJ so im fav to win. turn is another diamond and boom im up to 30+k .
    Few hands later I decide to open up my game bit.
    This serial raises limps in MP.
    I raise on the CO with A6d and make it 5K(blinds 500/1K).
    Folded back to him and he calls(his got 15K left).
    Flop is Ac 8d 5d .he checks I bets 10K .he thinks about it then shoves his other 5K in.
    I call .his got AT and I don’t improve and he win a huge pot.
    Few hand later I got about 12K .
    I have QQ UTG and I go all in(500/1K blinds) trying to make it look like a desperate tilty attempt after loosing a big pot.
    I get called by Aks and an A on the turn has me on my way home.
    Fock tourneys anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

very nice Gholi, lol standard

who won the feckin' tickets???????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

It probably only finished a while ago - loads and loads of play left when I was knocked out at 2:30. I was only at your table for a while Gholi but I thought you played well and were unlucky in the end. Hard to know what that last lad had, he limped almost every hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Yea, great buzz about the SE last night. Had a rake of boardies on my table at the start, five of the ten to be exact. On the table were Iona Paul, AmarilloFats, PPPSpecial, and Eamon (Pots&Pans, only new his week). Played well, and raised uncontested a number of times when it was limped around to me. Then had KK and ran into Amarillo's AA, no help and I'm down to 500 of my starting 3.5K. Managed to build back up to 1.5K and got KK again, pushed on the button after 4 limpers and folded back around Dave who called with 55. Dave (the dealer) pulled out one of his specials and gave 4 running diamonds for Dave to hit a flush....Chips please.

Got my 5K re-buy and managed to build it up to 11K before the break. Went card dead after that and played very few hands, stealing a few blinds here and there (you were right Paul!). Table was broken up and moved to table 5, first hand and I have KJ one away from the cut off (both blinds are short stacked). Folded around to me and (blinds 500 / 1K)I raise to 3K, no callers and I'm up to 11.5K.

Next hand and I'm in the cut off, folded around to my left who raised to 2.5K. Look down and I have AKo, consider it for a moment and feel I can take this one down pre flop (have the guy on my left on medium PP, or AK / AQ). Go all in for 11.5K (he has about 13K), folded back around to the original raiser who insta called with aces and that's all she wrote. Happy with my play all through, not sure if I could have done anything else with the last hand as I only had just over 10 BB left.

Enjoyable evening and from what the lads were saying this is going to become a regular occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Well my tourney was short and not so sweet. I had Stephen McLean, the guy who won the Omaha in the scottish festival and 2 other big tournament players at my starting table. I played 4 hands before the break hoping my rock like image would allow me to change gears afterwards (was also sickeningly card dead, not having one ace nor a pocket pair prebreak).

Then a few hands after the break I limp UTG with KK. MP raises and the button reraises. I just flat call the buttons raise. Then MP shoves and the button shoves.

I dwell for ages and fold.

MP had JJ and the button had AA.

That left me crippled with 5k. I then pushed from the button and cutoff to steal the blinds.

2 orbits later I push AKs UTG. Gamblor calls and someone else isolates by pushing.

Sweet. He turns over A5.

Board K6784 - Not so sweet.

Table image = Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

What a night? I suppose I was been really hopeful trying to win my 2nd ticket.

I was sitting on table 2, it was a soft table and I had no problems getting reads on everyone and just need a few hands to take there chips. Didn’t play a hand for the first 2 levels and than got KK utg, now there was 4 players calling any raise with any 2 cards so I raised to 450, 1st player to my left calls, player in late position pushes all in for 2100 and the next player flat calls, he start telling me there was more behind him if I want to reraise again, which was a sure sign of not wanting a caller, so I decided to push all-in for about 3200 in total. 1st player that called my raise, called also for value I think. So I had KK, player 1 35 os, 1st all-in had 99 and the other flat caller had JJ. Great I’m ahead, turn brings a 9 and I take the side pot with about 2k in it and the main pot of about 10k goes to the trip 9’s that hit a house on the river.

Ok, that’s just unlucky, so kept the head down and plug away. Get A8 s in late position, so I limp after one limper already who his playing any 2 cards and if I hit an ace, I should be able to get his stack. The player that cracks my 9’s than raises in the BB to 600, blinds 75/150, first limper calls, I call. Flop comes 778 r, first player bets out, real continuation style bet so I push all-in after the other player folds for about 1600, he calls as he’s pot committed and shows A9, you got it, a Ace on the turn and a big black 9 on the river. Wow, I’m rebuying after an hour of play and I feel I’ve made no mistakes so far and just been unlucky.

Lose 1200 to a re-raise on the flop, guy hit 2 pair against my top pair so it was a good laydown, still feel there’s great value on my table, I just need to get a double up and than I can start motoring.

So again I see AJ s in late position, I don’t have enough chips to raise without been pot commit, so I flat call also with 1 limper in front of me, the BB player decides to get smart and raise to 800 in the blinds, now this was a common move all night on the table, think these guys watch to much poker on telly, so the first player calls the raise, I’m in two minds here, I can make the sandwich move and pick up the pot here if neither player doesn’t have a monster, but I don’t really want to get knock out now, so I just call the raise, leaving me with 3k behind.

Flop comes AQ9 r, first player checks, and 2nd player checks. I know the 2nd player as missed by his facial reaction, but I cant figure out the first player, so I’m not sure if I’m ahead or behind, I decide to bet 1400, knowing at this stage I’m pot commit, he push’s all-in, other player folds. I think he figure I miss and would lay it down, but I’m now priced in and have to call and need chips fast. I said to him, I’ve a J as a kicker and he tells me I’m ahead, he turns over 10J, why was he raising with this muck in the blinds and now going all in with a straight draw and no other outs, terrible play, but yes, the 8 hit the river and I’m hoping back into the car and making my way home after 1.40 mins, cant figure out how I’m not a massive chip leader and have to say I’m in a state of shock, made no mistakes and got outdrawn each time in 3 big hands in a row. So I stop in the pub on the way home for a quick pint to calm myself down.

SE put on a great event and wp to the lads and dealers, I really like this room and the bad standard of play you get most nights, pity about the parking, but I was lucky enough to get a spot last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Gholimoli wrote:
    Was on table 13 at the start.

What seat seat were you in gholi? I have a feeling that was you to my immediate right in seat 6?
    Its a pity that table got broken up as i felt apart from yourself & the fitz regular in seat 2 that it was pretty soft.

Good to put a face to the name...although if i hadve know it was you i may have called one or two of your raises!!!

modmuffin wrote:
    What seat seat were you in gholi? I have a feeling that was you to my immediate right in seat 6?
    Its a pity that table got broken up as i felt apart from yourself & the fitz regular in seat 2 that it was pretty soft.

Good to put a face to the name...although if i hadve know it was you i may have called one or two of your raises!!!
    lol,
    that was me indeed.
    the hand that you said you had the nut flush draw
    on the board of JJ8 i had 54o .you were really thinking about calling me and i was like "oh fock" but you lay it down and i picked it up.
    didnt really do much on that table which was a shame cuz the flks to your right and 2 to your rgiht were just unreal.
    after not playing a hand at all i limp from the small blind with Q9o after couple of limpers(one being the person 2 to your right that was calling everything).
    flop is Qh 9h 5s .i bet out 300 .he call and the other limper calls.turn is a blank and i bet out 1200 and he calls leaving him self with 1500 .river is another Q and i check to him and he bets 700.i move in and he folds for another 700 or so.
    the standard was really bad on that table too bad i was card dead.
    nice to put faces to names though.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

45o LOL!! I didnt like my position that hand so had to lay it down really.
    i remember that Q9 hand alright. the two lads were jokers. I was praying for a hand for them to pay me off on!
    Do you remember on level 1 we had a battle of the blinds hand. you complete the sb & flop comes AA9. I had 99 & was praying for you to have an ace. i bet 75 & you folded like a rock!
    aside from that hand i dont think we clashed atall really
    nice to meet you anyway, ill keep an eye out for you next time (and reraise your 45o all-in!!:D )

• Advertisement

modmuffin wrote:
    Do you remember on level 1 we had a battle of the blinds hand. you complete the sb & flop comes AA9. I had 99 & was praying for you to have an ace. i bet 75 & you folded like a rock!

That's very strange. I can't believe Ehsan didn't try to take you off it.

ianmc38 wrote:
    That's very strange. I can't believe Ehsan didn't try to take you off it.
    lol to be honest i nearly did .
    i was thinking of floating him.
    i had 78s.
    i would have prob called his bet if i had position on him but i didnt and the board was A99 and my hand was 78s.with position i think i would have read my hand like 89 instead of 78.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Gholimoli wrote:
    lol to be honest i nearly did .
    i was thinking of floating him.
    i had 78s.
    i would have prob called his bet if i had position on him but i didnt and the board was A99 and my hand was 78s.with position i think i would have read my hand like 89 instead of 78.

And when the remaining chips went in on the river you would have asked "do you have an Ace?"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

Sooooo
    Who did win the tickets for this!?

Chris O'Hara, a Chinese guy and someone else chopped it 3 ways for €7600 each. They took cash instead of tickets...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Chinese guy was Jimmy Wan I believe.

Advertisement