Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is going to SE 2nite?

Options
  • 04-07-2006 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

as above...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Might head in, what time is it starting at, I think someone said it would be starting earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Em...er... I heard it was cancelled, probably no point in headin in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

HalfBaked wrote:
    Em...er... I heard it was cancelled, probably no point in headin in :o
    does any one know the strucutre(blind levels,starting stack etc) of this "canceled" tourney?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

What game is on tonight? Is it the 2 seats gtd WSOP qualifier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

I'm going in. Heard that sats start at 6 and the main thing at 8.30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

If the tourney wasn't 'cancelled' it would be:

3.5K starting
    5K rebuy or top up (one or the other)

30mins blinds first few levels (not sure how many)
    Changing to 20mins (not sure how many)
    and then reverting to 30 mins later in the tourney

Well, that would be the case if it wasn't 'cancelled' Eshan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Blinds start at 25, then change to 20 and later on change to 30.

This is definitely "cancelled" until next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

yep i heard the same wink wink nudge nudge. there will be 3 or maybe 4 tickets by the sounds off it so ill be there with a ribbon in my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

so its not canceled - or are people trying to minimise the field?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ditpoker wrote:
    so its not canceled - or are people trying to minimise the field?
    sharp as a tack you are ;)
    And who said students were niaive. You've seen right through that ruse.

• Advertisement

It's cancelled until next Tuesday. The em air conditioning in the card room is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Id say there will be just the 2 tickets that are guaranteed. I cant see the buyins and rebuys combined making more than the 2 Guaranteed tickets?.

i heard its cancelled cuz their Tourney clock is a bit fast like it goes up 2min when it should really go up 1 min 20 sec.
    so its not going ahead till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

ligger wrote:
    I'm going in. Heard that sats start at 6 and the main thing at 8.30.

What are the details of the Sats?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

This thread confuses me. Is this thing cancelled or not? What is the buyin/rebuy cost?

EDIt: Ah I get it now. This isn't cancelled at all, I'm just a little slow. Any details of this tourney would be appreciated.

This thread confuses me. Is this thing cancelled or not? What is the buyin/rebuy cost?

EDIt: Ah I get it now. This isn't cancelled at all, I'm just a little slow. Any details of this tourney would be appreciated.

Its on. The lads are just showing respect for everyone elses game by trying to hoodwink them that its off becasue theres 2 guaranteed tickets!.
    Its E150 buy-in and 1 E150 Rebuy or Top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Its on. The lads are just showing respect for everyone elses game by trying to hoodwink them that its off becasue theres 2 guaranteed tickets!.
    Its E150 buy-in and 1 E150 Rubuy or Top-up.

so the sats are €15-20 ????

Culchie wrote:
    so the sats are €15-20 ????

Yeah i think the sats are about E15 from 6pm ish. I just got a text from the S.E saying its a 120 player maximum and theres just 48 seats left.

Right then.

There is a max of 120 players. Only 48 places are left (according to the text from SE). €150 buy-in + €150 rebuy/topup. It's almost guaranteed to be a sellout which means there will be 3 tickets and 6k for 4th place.

Of course this is all happening next week when the air conditioning is fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

there will only be 2 tickets, any left over funds will be used to pay out prizes on the final table

• Advertisement

Once the Air Con is fixed the Sats will probably be €25 6handed. If enough people there then €15 * 10handed is what I was told on Thursday. Damn it will be warm tonight..

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Usually this kind of 'limited places left' talk means that there will be 21 runners and the tickets will turn out to be for the $1000 rebuy event.....

If it fills then you have 120 * 150 = €18,000. Say Half rebuy or top up (conservative) 60 * 150 = €9,000 giving €27k total. The prize of a ticket for the main event is worth €8k (dollar conversion) so the would be 3 tickets and €3k left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

They would schedule it while the world cup is on. Looks like I'll give this a miss. (I know there are screens in the SE but they would just distract me).

This will almost certainly sell out. There are already large numbers of people with tickets from the Tuesday super satellites. Myself/HalfBaked and many other regulars already have our buyins and topups paid for from the sats, so 1 ticket is already covered from previous weeks tourneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Heading into this aswell-super sat starts at 6 should be a few variations for those trying to jam their way into it.
    If you see me floating around introductions very welcome-be nice to put a face to some of you guys.Ill be wearing white top-golden tan,hook nose-hard to miss!

jbravado wrote:
    Heading into this aswell-super sat starts at 6 should be a few variations for those trying to jam their way into it.
    If you see me floating around introductions very welcome-be nice to put a face to some of you guys.Ill be wearing white top-golden tan,hook nose-hard to miss!
    are you female?

I'll be the angry kid with sunglasses, hoody, cap and mp3 player asking someone how they could call my all-in midway through level 1 as I walk in disgust towards the cash game.

ianmc38 wrote:
    I'll be the angry kid with sunglasses, hoody, cap and mp3 player asking someone how the could call my all-in midway through level 1 as I walk in disgust towards the cash game.

I'll be the one who just had A2 soooted and sending Ian to the cash game:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Gholimoli wrote:
    are you female?

Lol.not the last time i checked...

Advertisement