Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is going to SE 2nite?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

ligger wrote:
    I'll be the one who just had A2 soooted and sending Ian to the cash game:)

I'll be the one finding out what department you're working in tomorrow morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Ian, Don't think Working is the right word...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

ill be the one with one ticket at the end.
    but for thoes who may not be there at the end ill be the tight motha focka at the table waiting for my AA,KK,AK .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Gholimoli wrote:

That will be the one you are using to get your jacket out of the coat check gholi :p

Gholimoli wrote:
    but for thoes who may not be there at the end ill be the tight motha focka at the table waiting for my AA,KK,AK .

KK/AK? You loose goose. It's AA or nothing for me. Hopefully you'll be trying to push me off my trip kings tonight. I'll be trying a squeeze play against two rocks with 38o only to find them with AA and KK.

• Advertisement

HalfBaked wrote:
    That will be the one you are using to get your jacket out of the coat check gholi :p

Haha. Based on his current S/E record, it sounds about right.

ianmc38 wrote:
    KK/AK? You loose goose. It's AA or nothing for me. Hopefully you'll be trying to push me off my trip kings tonight. I'll be trying a squeeze play against two rocks with 38o only to find them with AA and KK.
    squeez you say:confused:
    whats that then?

HalfBaked wrote:
    you just try one of your 88 raises from EP again .ill be waiting ...
    no respect at all from young ones these days.

Gholimoli wrote:

Stop pinching their asses as they walk by you on the street then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Gholimoli wrote:
    you just try one of your 88 raises from EP again .ill be waiting ...

Not tonight, rocky mc rockerson will be the name I'm registered under

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Gholimoli wrote:

Dont know which is harder to believe, you winning the ticket or playing like a tight motha focka. The latter will be worth while seen, so I better go along.

HalfBaked wrote:
    Not tonight, rocky mc rockerson will be the name I'm registered under

Sorry that name has already been taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Can you all leave your shell suits at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ntlbell wrote:

but not your salmon v-necks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

but not your salmon v-necks

bet he wins one!:D

MadsL wrote:
    bet he wins one!:D

I'm glad you're backing me and my newly acquired salmon v-neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Anyone heading up now for a early satellite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

spectre wrote:
    Anyone heading up now for a early satellite?

No point. The tickets will be won by unknown northerners.

I say this in the hope i'll be proved wrong and i'll be reading an account from one of you hyperventilating s.o.b's!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

ntlbell wrote:

Lol, but ya better bring your shades...not for poker but to protect your eyes from the glare of that bald stumps head on the door! Gl everyone, if any more boardsters win WSOP tickets ill vomit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm playing, due some luck in there. Should be fun at least.

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote:
    I'm playing, due some luck in there. Should be fun at least.

Fun at least. Sickeningly depressing at worst.

I would give my right testicle (the dodgy one) to see the Chief crowned WSOP champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Short,sweet and tilty.got my last chips in with 67 off enough said.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

many runners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Pretty sure it was near sell out...about eleven or twelve tables Im guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

13 tables, 130 runners, all the regular names and faces around town. Lots and lots of boardies. I may have been the last of them, out around 30th, didn't really get motoring all night but suffered (strangely enough) a bit of a bad beat a few minutes before my eventual exit that really knocked me back. Who knocked me out, I hear you ask? Why, the Salmon God himself, who had a nice big table chip lead stack after knocking 4 of us out in 3 hands! Get in there Chief! What a WSOP champ he would be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ionapaul wrote:
    13 tables, 130 runners, all the regular names and faces around town. Lots and lots of boardies. I may have been the last of them, out around 30th, didn't really get motoring all night but suffered (strangely enough) a bit of a bad beat a few minutes before my eventual exit that really knocked me back. Who knocked me out, I hear you ask? Why, the Salmon God himself, who had a nice big table chip lead stack after knocking 4 of us out in 3 hands! Get in there Chief! What a WSOP champ he would be...

I demand an update on this

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

It was a good atmosphere in there. ppspecial, halfbaked and some other boardsies sitting to my left.
    Early on played tight which was easy with no cards ..called a raise after a caller with 44 in MP and missed.
    Won alot pots with AK, A8s, KJ, Q6 without showing.
    I ran my AA into halfbakeds KK early to double up.

With blinds at 300/600. A guy (i think Eddie was his name, bespectacled guy) makes it 2K, he had about 4.5 after making this raise, when folded to him on button. His range is wide, and If i push he will put me on a biggish hand(i thought) I push with 55. He called with QJs. He put me on a mid Pkt pair, so fair play, he won race.
    I then later ran my KK into his KK.
    2 limpers, SB complete, I check in bb with 34. Flop comes Q 5 9r, checked around, turn is a 2, SB checks I bet half pot, a woman with red hair calls river is an A I bet 3/4 pot and she calls with KK!!!!

I was stealing blinds about once an orbit..

Went out about 45th.
    With 18K left and blinds at 1k/2k I made in 7K with AA
    A guy goes all in for 4K & Norman calls Flop come 89T he has QJ..BLAH

Nice sausages, nice polish burds.
    Who won??
    Nice to put some faces to names.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Ah amerillo, i was at your table for the AA hand. very UL.
    I was in seat 10, had just moved all-in with AA the hand before & showed them to the table.
    I ended up busting out about 35th. I flopped a straight from an unraised BB, moved all-in for 16k into a 10k pot (blinds 1-2). 1 caller who made his flush on the turn. disappointing but sure what can you do.:mad:
    Very enjoyable tourney, 142 runners, 97 rebuys which makes the total prizepool just shy of 36,000.
    Any word on who won/any boardies make the final table??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

First it was '11 or 12 tables', then it was '13 tables, 130' runners, now it is '142 runners'. Odds on 150 soon?

Seems like there were at least 3 tickets anyhow, be good to know who won them. My list of who would do Ireland proud:

The Chief (at least I know he was playing anyhow, unlike the other 2)
    Eddie the Eagle
    The lad from the Fitz that I can't describe.

Vegas watch out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Thats what they had up on the screen anyway. And there was definately 14 tables cos i was on table 13 which was right next to a full table 14!!

Eddie the Eagle was there alright,I saw him on the cash tables! rumour has it his K-rag didnt improve against AA, with all the money in preflop!!

Advertisement