Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Scalps Game Tonight

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ocallagh wrote:
    great night and the final table was a great laugh! very well played Peter! Had a good laugh sitting at the same table for a while. Your J4 really was a great hand and I'm sure Spectre was sick!!!

Thanks, and well played Niall, you got very unlucky with that A2 had but I think you were right to fold in the circumstances…who knew!!

The J5 hand was certainly my favorite of the night….sorry Spectre:D

The previous 4/5 hands I’d play had been pushes. I have J5 on the button and I flat call after no raises (very tired today and I can’t remember the blinds, but I think it was 750 / 1500). Flop comes KK9, and Spectre fire 2K into the pot. I think it was Eoghan in the hand as well and he folds. I’m pretty certain he hasn’t got the K but I think if I push here he might call as it looks too much like a steal. Decide to flat call again, and push on the turn, depending on the bet size form Spectre. Turn comes an eight and he turns his beady eyes to my stack, then bets another 2K (I have about 7.5K left). I think for a minute and push for the other 5.5K, and he folds. I had to turn it over, sorry again Spectre. I still don’t know what you had?
    ocallagh wrote:
    Down to 22k (blinds 3k 6k). I get 74o in BB. Peter raises his usual :) Do I go with it? His range is very wide here.
    I’m sure I must have had aces of kings, I would never raise with anything else!! ;) Truth is I have no idea what I had, again tiredness today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

You had QJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

HalfBaked wrote:
    The J5 hand was certainly my favorite of the night….sorry Spectre:D

The previous 4/5 hands I’d play had been pushes. I have J5 on the button and I flat call after no raises (very tired today and I can’t remember the blinds, but I think it was 750 / 1500). Flop comes KK9, and Spectre fire 2K into the pot. I think it was Eoghan in the hand as well and he folds. I’m pretty certain he hasn’t got the K but I think if I push here he might call as it looks too much like a steal. Decide to flat call again, and push on the turn, depending on the bet size form Spectre. Turn comes an eight and he turns his beady eyes to my stack, then bets another 2K (I have about 7.5K left). I think for a minute and push for the other 5.5K, and he folds. I had to turn it over, sorry again Spectre. I still don’t know what you had?

It has to be said, It was an excellent bluff. I played the hand very poorly, I had 9T, a check-raise on the flop would've been better, by betting I may as well turn my 9 face-up. When you flat called, I thought that you may be trying to float so I conspicuously took a look over at your stack, thinking that you would perceive this as strength. The turn bet was terrible - had I bet 4K, there would've been no way for you to bluff me. If my kicker was better I think I may have called. Well played anyway and well done on chopping it in the end

spectre wrote:
    I conspicuously took a look over at your stack, thinking that you would perceive this as strength.

90% of the time this is a sign of weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Eoghan, I'll take that ticket at €130 - away for the weekend (until Sun), can we work out payment and such Monday or on the night?

• Advertisement

Have to say having so many boardies there is great fun, even if the standard shoots up - and even more so when I get knocked out and there's one less fish to fry! This tournie is going to go from strength to strength I think - not sure why anyone would play the Fitz €20 rebuy with this as an alternative. Plus you get the added bonus of:
    - Chief Brody in residence
    - Ianmc having a moan (:)) when his favourite dealer appears
    - Possible sighting of the Lesser Spotted Wild Buddha later in the night
    - Interesting outdraws such as 73o beating QQ, all the money in BEFORE the flop (no rounders, I'm never going to forget this one!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

ionapaul wrote:
    Eoghan, I'll take that ticket at €130 - away for the weekend (until Sun), can we work out payment and such Monday or on the night?
    yeh thats cool well sort something out on mon/tues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

ionapaul wrote:
    Have to say having so many boardies there is great fun, even if the standard shoots up - and even more so when I get knocked out and there's one less fish to fry! This tournie is going to go from strength to strength I think - not sure why anyone would play the Fitz €20 rebuy with this as an alternative. Plus you get the added bonus of:
    - Chief Brody in residence
    - Ianmc having a moan (:)) when his favourite dealer appears
    - Possible sighting of the Lesser Spotted Wild Buddha later in the night
    - Interesting outdraws such as 73o beating QQ, all the money in BEFORE the flop (no rounders, I'm never going to forget this one!)
    not forgetting the eye candy we had in seat 9!!!!

i was dying to get a chance to come over the top of her........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ionapaul wrote:

Paul your too kind not to mention that i was the caller and not the raiser!.
    I expect you to forgive but not forget:o ?

Fnuking hell, I was going to tell Ian during the break that if I had been in his seat, I would have been folding out of turn, forgetting my blinds, what with all the perving I would have been properly position for! I loved her dress sense...seemed like a sound girl too, and that's the only thing that really matters lads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

ionapaul wrote:
    Interesting outdraws such as 73o beating QQ, all the money in BEFORE the flop (no rounders, I'm never going to forget this one!)

73o was quite the monster last night, It helped me overcome an UTG minraiser's JJ in my BB. When it was folded around to me the sadist in me decided to try and outflop him. The gutshot hit on the turn. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

eoghan104 wrote:

the eye candy is the reason for me trying to get AK fold on KKT hand.
    i was distracted and i was just practicing coming over the top incase I ever got a chance to be involved with her ...

eoghan104 wrote:

I thought a set of Aces was the best you'll ever see at a table. Past tense :p

btw: she's John's g/f

ianmc38 wrote:
    You had QJ.

shhhh.....it was aces :o

spectre wrote:
    It has to be said, It was an excellent bluff. I played the hand very poorly, I had 9T, a check-raise on the flop would've been better, by betting I may as well turn my 9 face-up. When you flat called, I thought that you may be trying to float so I conspicuously took a look over at your stack, thinking that you would perceive this as strength. The turn bet was terrible - had I bet 4K, there would've been no way for you to bluff me. If my kicker was better I think I may have called. Well played anyway and well done on chopping it in the end

Thanks Spectre,
    As I said last night, I only did it because I thought you were good enough to lay it down. Your bog standard SE player would have called me down with a pair of 2's, irrelevant of the KK on the board.

That there's the down side of not being a fish:)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

5starpool wrote:
    There you go Brian, there are 2 people now who have called you a rock ;)

As I said to someone somewhere recently (IIRC), I'm having some problems with my table image at the moment.

The problem is that I don't know what it is. Or perhaps that I have lost track of who thinks that I'm loose, who thinks I'm a rock, who thinks I'm able to play and who thinks I'm the biggest moron to grace a poker table. (Some lists may be longer than others.)

brianmc wrote:
    who thinks that I'm loose

Noone :D
    brianmc wrote:
    who thinks I'm a rock

Everyone :p
    ianmc38 wrote:
    who thinks I'm a fish

Anyone who witnessed my self desturction last night (and many more) :o

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I seen you fold several winning hands in a row a few weeks ago. Rock I tell ya. :)

p.s. I am just trying to get you business for the next time you do the job with 94o.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

5starpool wrote:
    I seen you fold several winning hands in a row a few weeks ago. Rock I tell ya. :)

p.s. I am just trying to get you business for the next time you do the job with 94o.

I remembered it as 94s but perhaps that's just denial.

By the way, I played against "the chief" for the first time that I know of last night. He was sitting on my immediate right in the cash game. Now, don't hit me - but he didn't seem to live up to the reputation that I had heard.

In comparison to the rest of our table he seemed relatively tight and the only dodgy hand (that I noticed) was a pair of queens he played against me. Then again, I wasn't in the mood for paying much attention last night.

brianmc wrote:

By the way, I played against "the chief" for the first time that I know of last night. He was sitting on my immediate right in the cash game. Now, don't hit me - but he didn't seem to live up to the reputation that I had heard.

In comparison to the rest of our table he seemed relatively tight and the only dodgy hand (that I noticed) was a pair of queens he played against me. Then again, I wasn't in the mood for paying much attention last night.

I couldnt believe it Brian. i've never seen the Chief play like that in my life. Perhaps Buddha has shown him how to get in touch with his inner rock....

• Advertisement
Advertisement