Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Scalps Game Tonight

Options
  • 28-06-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna be heading into this tonight, was an enjoyable tourney last week and I'd say the numbers will be up due to the break in the footy.

Anyone else gonna head in?

Modmuffin - Don't worry, I'll bring your scalp along ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

20% chance I might make it. Pity because its a great game. :(

The quality of tournies around town is really improving. Ain't competition great? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

These threads should be named 'Whos going to what tonite?' from now on!. I think Gholimoli coined the phrase and it should have a TM.

Yes im going to the S.E tonite!

These threads should be named 'Whos going to what tonite?' from now on!. I think Gholimoli coined the phrase and it should have a TM.

Yes im going to the S.E tonite!

revised percentage in light of new info.....40% chance I might make it now.....throw in Ionapaul and I'm very nearly a cert.

Agree about the thread naming too Rounders but can we not spell it "tonight" just for me??? please?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

ollyk1 wrote:
    revised percentage in light of new info.....40% chance I might make it now.....throw in Ionapaul and I'm very nearly a cert.

Agree about the thread naming too Rounders but can we not spell it "tonight" just for me??? please?? ;)

Simply because Olly is going, I'm avoiding it. Going busto with aces last night in a cash game, getting my all-in with TT called by KJ in the satellite and the thought of Olly smiling as he raises my big blind for the umpteenth time in a row will have me on tilt for the rest of the summer. Instead I shall be multi-tabling the PLO tables on tribeca me thinks.

In 2 SE scalps games i've yet to claim a scalp. That sucks (I know, bad beat sticky.....)

ollyk1 wrote:

Good good!.
    About 'tonite'. I do have a bit of a habit of spelling some words the American way i suppose. Theres just something very strict about 'tonight'. I always think of the programme 'Today Tonight' whenever i seee it spelt the proper way!.

Word on the street is that Ollieboy is coming and bringing with him two pro's;) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

im planning on heading to the fitz "tonight" (thats for you olly!) only because id heard the numbers were so low in the SE last week??? at least your pretty much guaranteed 40+ in the fitz. im not into tournies with less than 25 runners. do you really think there will be many there tonight just because the footy isnt on???

ianmc38 wrote:
    Simply because Olly is going, I'm avoiding it. Going busto with aces last night in a cash game, getting my all-in with TT called by KJ in the satellite and the thought of Olly smiling as he raises my big blind for the umpteenth time in a row will have me on tilt for the rest of the summer. Instead I shall be multi-tabling the PLO tables on tribeca me thinks.

In 2 SE scalps games i've yet to claim a scalp. That sucks (I know, bad beat sticky.....)

ROFL!!

I probably won't make it Ian as I have a work thing but they can sometimes be fairly dead and I might skip out early. The thoguht that anyone would ever avoid me is brilliant!!

In 2 Se scalps games that I've played I've only one one scalp. I'm not worried. In ~15 Fitz scalps game I've only won on average one scalp per game. I'm an overall winner for both games so I'm not worried. Scalps are for gamblors, I love gamblors so I play their scalps game but I paly for the prize pool not the scalps.

eoghan104 wrote:
    im planning on heading to the fitz "tonight" (thats for you olly!) only because id heard the numbers were so low in the SE last week??? at least your pretty much guaranteed 40+ in the fitz. im not into tournies with less than 25 runners. do you really think there will be many there tonight just because the footy isnt on???

I'd say there will be 35+ tonight eoghan. Easy. This game is going to be a big winner. I love the Fitz but the Wednesday rebuy doesn't compare to this game.

I would imagine that the SE scalps on a Wednesday is going to become very popular. Even the multi-rebuy satellite last night had 3 tables last night. I'd say 35+ is about right for tonight especially as there's no footy on. Olly let me know if you're going to miss it as i'll definitely go then.

Paul you gonna head in?

yeh i suppose i should go and have a look then........ i can always go to the fitz if the turnout is bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

What is the tourney tonight in the SE?

All you guys must have your own poker scheduler at this stage......and she can't be female either!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wailers_irl

Whats the buy in for scalps in the SE??

ianmc38 wrote:
    I would imagine that the SE scalps on a Wednesday is going to become very popular. Even the multi-rebuy satellite last night had 3 tables last night. I'd say 35+ is about right for tonight especially as there's no footy on. Olly let me know if you're going to miss it as i'll definitely go then.

Paul you gonna head in?
    who actually won the seats in this last night?? was anyone playing? if there was only 3 tables it wouldve been great value!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I *may* go in tonight. I would rate my chances as 35/65. I have to get up early (for me) tomorrow morning and I am playing the EOM tomorrow night so I might do the sensible thing and stay in, but around 8pm I might just get that itch again.......

HalFBaked on boards won one. Ten tickets altogther. I had Leslie McLean rocking it up on my left. Note to self - never limp on his BB again from the SB.

I was bubble +1 when some donkey called my all-in for 80% of his stack with the monster that is KJ. I had TT.

Luckily I already had 2 tickets so wasn't overly annoyed.

The scalps tonight is €40+€10+€5 + one rebuy or topup @ €45.

Numbers dont arrive til about 8:45 even though it kicks off at 8:30.

hang on was last night not the €150 with one rebuy qualifier for the wsop??? i got a text bout it on friday from the emporium??

eoghan104 wrote:
    hang on was last night not the €150 with one rebuy qualifier for the wsop??? i got a text bout it on friday from the emporium??

No that's 4th July. Last night was a sat for the 150 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I also *might* turn up tonight, no live poker in a week makes ionapaul go crazy. However, tomorrow is my final day and work and I want a good sleep tonight to ensure that I'm ready for the evening that follows! Plus going to wedding Friday in Wicklow and a party on Saturday, need all the sleep I can get. That said, don't have to leave the apt until 9am tomorrow morning so have an extra hour tonight to use up.

But the one time I played the SE
    Weds night scalps game I really enjoyed the structure, even though I ran into Mr. Chuckles the funny poker clown. Ian I have no idea of his name, he ticked me off a little that night! I'm easily riled these days though, so annoying me is not that impressive an achievement.

Once on my 'career break' I will have much time for poker and all of my other vices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

providing im awake at 8pm (5am starts tend to hit me at about 7pm..) i'm heading into this. Have a big mechanics bill to pay tomorrow :( so it's cash in the SE or reluctantly make a trip to the bank ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ionapaul wrote:
    However, tomorrow is my final day and work and I want a good sleep tonight to ensure that I'm ready for the evening that follows!

Don't worry Paul, I'm sure you'll be home early enough :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

ocallagh wrote:
    providing im awake at 8pm (5am starts tend to hit me at about 7pm..) i'm heading into this. Have a big mechanics bill to pay tomorrow :( so it's cash in the SE or reluctantly make a trip to the bank ...
    i wasn’t gonna go to this as im planning to play the Fitz EOM tomorrow.
    However seen as it looks to be a fish fest and there seems to be alot of dead money i may just attend this.
    Niall,
    i have double checked the spelling on this post and you can check it for your self as well. if your satisfied that there is no mistakes made, I believe you owe me a pint.

Gholimoli wrote:
    However seen as it looks to be a fish fest and there seems to be alot of dead money i may just attend this.
    Niall,
    i have double checked the spelling on this post and you can check it for your self as well. if your satisfied that there is no mistakes made, I believe you owe me a pint.
    You need to double check a little more I am afraid Ehsan. I have underlined and emboldended (a new word perhaps) some spelling/grammatical errors, and I am not including the failure to capitalise your 'I' references.

I am sure he owes you a pint for effort anyhow ;)

Gholimoli wrote:
    I wasn’t going to go to this as I'm planning to play the Fitz EOM tomorrow.
    However, seeing as it looks to be a fish fest and there seems to be alot of dead money i may just attend this.
    Niall, I have double checked the spelling on this post and you can check it for yourself as well. If you're satisfied that there is no mistakes made, I believe you owe me a pint.

I was very kind, by only pointing out the obvious ones. There are many more.

Regards,

Mr. Pedantic

5starpool wrote:
    You need to double check a little more I am afraid Ehsan. I have underlined and emboldended (a new word perhaps) some spelling/grammatical errors, and I am not including the failure to capitalise your 'I' references.

I am sure he owes you a pint for effort anyhow ;)
    you big fish if you gave as much dedication to poker as you did to correcting my post you may not suck as much.
    :D

ianmc38 wrote:
    I was very kind, by only pointing out the obvious ones. There are many more.

Regards,

Mr. Pedantic
    i think my version of words has a virus...

Gholimoli wrote:
    you big fish if you gave as much dedication to poker as you did to correcting my post you may not suck as much.
    :D
    :(:(:(

See you there Ian. ;)

ollyk1 wrote:
    See you there Ian. ;)

The main man is comin in to wield the axe again!.
    This game will be good. I want to be on the chiefs table*

*I realise this comment could come back to haunt me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Gholimoli wrote:
    Niall,

LOL!! more dead money - and Gholi you owe me a pint for that effort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Sign me up for this one too.

See ye there.

Advertisement