Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Scalps Game Tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

actually - is anyone interested in 1 before hand? Eshan I'll get you one for your effort!!

What time does it start? Meet in Keoghs 30 mins prior to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Finished 7th (first in the money when I couldn't laydown JJ to ocallagh's AA - I'm a fish.... :( )for my money back plus three scalps.

Ocallagh, eoghan and halfbaked were fighting very hard and very well to try and win this so GL to them all. Anyone i dogged during the night I'm not sorry - just sorry I didn't win more chips of you!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

very funny final table!!! i ended up going out third in the end but shouldve been gone alot earlier!!!! when ther was 6 left i was all in for one big blind (4000) with 3 others......... Flop was a q 9 so my jack king wasnt looking great!!! cue ollieboys dad betting into the empty side and forcing ocallagh to fold an ace......... what did he have you ask????? jack king!!!!! :D:D

So i quadruple up next hand with jacks and eventually get up to 82000 before running qj into a7 to go out in third for 570 (including ticket to the wsop qualifier on tues for €150)

now......... does anyone want to buy said ticket for €130???? i dont think ill be around, its on next tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Might be interested in that ticket - let me think about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

if Paul dosent want the ticket i get it from you.
    who won this at the end anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

wp lads, good to see a couple of boardsters ITM! Who won in the end?
    Halfbaked count yourself lucky you werent on my table lall night.....you can hold onto my scalp until next week!!

I had a rather uncharacteristic blow up at 11.45 last night.
    Having played tighter than a chickens ar*e all night (i literally limp/folded twice & check/folded my blind twice before the break!)
    I managed to double up twice after the break & was sitting in a nice enough chip position with 16 left.
    At approx 11.42 I lose 7000 in a pot i shouldve taken down on both the flop & turn
    Then at 11.44 approx i reraise a decent players preflop raise all-in with AJo (wtf), thinking he'll fold. Alas it wasnt to be & after a brief comeback when all you hungry cnuts were after my scalp without an ace between ye, i exited shortly afterwards!!
    All i can do is hang my head in shame...AJo, it serves me right!!

Enjoyable tourney all the same, id say this could get very popular (after the world cup!)

peter (halfbaked??) chopped it with an older guy called eamon i think for about a grand each.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Well, that was a very enjoyable... eh... hour.

Gholimoli - if you're offering lessons, I would like to subscribe to your classes. :p:)

It was nice to see 5 boardsters on the final table. Spectre squeezed in there too.

What seat was spectre in?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

eoghan104 wrote:
    What seat was spectre in?

Err... not sure. I was well settled into the cash game by that stage. Seat two or there about I think.

ianmc! What happened last night? It wasn't pretty. I'll check back in later and you'd better have a good explanation!! It was a rough night for you.

• Advertisement

brianmc wrote:
    Gholimoli - if you're offering lessons, I would like to subscribe to your classes. :p:)

:eek: :eek: My outdraws looked tame in comparision!! :p

Although Gholimoli deserved some luck for providing such quality entertainment trying to get that guy to fold AK on a KKT9 board. Insta classic!! :D

Spectre was in seat 1. He finished in the bubble +1. Ran QQ into KK which was a bit nasty.

I'm delighted for Eamon and Peter. Both played some very good poker from what I saw. Disappointed ocallagh couldn't finish a little higher but I knew all those fishy KQ calls would catch up on him! :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Thanks Olly,

Good to see so many boardies in last night, see the SE ain't all that bad!

Must say I really like the new scalps tourney, only downside is another late night mid week. Just seem to be running out of hours in my week...damn poker *shakes fist*

Final table last night was of the best standard I've seen in the SE and I think it's fair to say there were very few mistakes made (mostly made by me :o ). Well played all.

Went heads up, after being up and down at the final table like a pair of brassers knickers, about 40/50K behind Eamon. Played heads up for about 5 minutes and took down most of the pots to bring us level and at that stage Eamon asked me if I wanted to split it. Decided that since it was 3am on a school night I was happy enough. Well played Eamon (he will be loggin in, was asking me how to get to the board last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Well I had the worst night I've ever had in the SE last night, psychologically and monetarily.

Was going fine in the tourney when Ollies Dad hit a flush to cripple my trip aces and silly old me felt the need to pay his river check raise off. That was all my early good work undone. Built back up to 4k and stayed around ther until the break.

Then on my BB I was preparing to throw the off suit hammer in the muck. But everyone limped. Flop of 279. I checkraised the UTG bettor who held 9T. Turn was a ten and that was all she wrote.

That was the beginning of the cold deck. I then proceeded to the cash tables. Ran KK into AA twice. Had AK no less than 12 times. The three times I hit TPTK, I ran into two sets and once into AA. My trip kings were mugged by Chief Brodys straight(didnt pay him off!). After dropping buyin number 3 I couldn't face looking at another card for at least 18 hours when the double chance starts. That was my worst ever result in a live cash game.

Tourney was extremely good. Final table play was excellent. ollieboys dad had a moment of madness betting with air when a player was all-in. Musta learned that one from ollie :p . U/l for ocallagh as it crippled him.

HalfBaked played some great stuff and was doing well in the headsup before a deal was agreed.

Congrats to all the boardsies who made the final table and to brianmc(the rockiest rock in rocksville) on his win on the cash tables.

Simply a great night of entertainment.
    My table included ,Biranmc to my direct right, and Olliek to my direct left. also featuring was half-baked.
    I showed a master class of bluffs and squeeze plays.
    However I did fail to get a dude to fold his AK on a KKT board .i had AT and he kept betting at me and I thought another 1500 will get to fold his AK when the pot was nearly 6K. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case (there are a lot of calling stations in the SE as every one knows).
    I enjoyed it all the same and it was great caric .deffo looking forward to the next one as I will be putting on another master class for all those interested.( QTo is the new AA)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ianmc38 wrote:
    Congrats to all the boardsies who made the final table and to brianmc(the rockiest rock in rocksville) on his win on the cash tables.
    There you go Brian, there are 2 people now who have called you a rock ;)

5starpool wrote:
    There you go Brian, there are 2 people now who have called you a rock ;)
    Rock my as* the fish cant even laydown JJ in the face my obviouse AA which turned out to be QTo.

I'l be the first to admit it. I played poorly last night. However thanks to my outdrawing skills ;) and the fact I wasn't afraid to stick the chips in when I got short (And outdrawing rounders with AQ sooted versus AQ) I made the FT with a slightly above average stack of 36k (283k in play).

So now I had a chance to make the most of my good fortune and get a healthy cash.

Two crucial hands I'd like your opinion on.

Hand 1.

I've sat patiently for an age (okay like maybe 2 orbits:p ).

Ocallagh is in the BB with 14k. Blinds are 1k/2k. I'm in the CO with KTo. If I raise to 6k ocallagh will know I'm playing for his entire stack. Do you raise as standard here? I have 36k. If he pushes do you follow through and call?

Hand 2.

I lost the above hand and have since moved in on the blinds and also paid some ever increasing blinds.

I have 19k total. Ocallagh has ~26k.

He raises third to speak 7 handed to 8.5k on my BB. (blinds are 1500/3000). I have JJ.

Ocallagh knows I might shove here with a wider range then most and that I'm probably feeling more pot committed then most as I have an emotional attachment to my chips. LOL. I'm barely in the money but I'm playing for the top 2 spots really.

My read.

I don't think he's making a move. Should I push or fold? As we all know he's more than capable of making a move with air but he doesn't see the need to right now and definitely not on my emotionally unstable BB.:) It just feels like he has a "good" hand that he's committed too. So Push or fold ? Push or fold???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

A really good night lads and the final table was fun to watch, I've to say I cant say sorry enough for the brilliant betting by my Dad, I'm not joking but I thought Niall was going to kill him or me....lol.

It was his first game, so coming 4th was a nice result for him and he was delight with himself on the way home.

Wp to all the lads. Will be back to play this one as the calling stations make it worth while and I like the structure, good stack size for a decent buy-in. I'm not joking, but within the first 10 minutes we had 3 re-buys on my table and 2 players were gone by the 1st break and nearly all the table had re-buy, it was very fast and loose action. Great fun.

Olly:

Hand 1: If you raise then you must call a push. I'd definitely riase with KT from the CO if it's folded to me.

Hand 2: Instacall.

• Advertisement

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'l be the first to admit it. I played poorly last night. However thanks to my outdrawing skills ;) and the fact I wasn't afraid to stick the chips in when I got short (And outdrawing rounders with AQ sooted versus AQ) I made the FT with a slightly above average stack of 36k (283k in play).

So now I had a chance to make the most of my good fortune and get a healthy cash.

Two crucial hands I'd like your opinion on.

Hand 1.

I've sat patiently for an age (okay like maybe 2 orbits:p ).

Ocallagh is in the BB with 14k. Blinds are 1k/2k. I'm in the CO with KTo. If I raise to 6k ocallagh will know I'm playing for his entire stack. Do you raise as standard here? I have 36k. If he pushes do you follow through and call?

Hand 2.

I lost the above hand and have since moved in on the blinds and also paid some ever increasing blinds.

I have 19k total. Ocallagh has ~26k.

He raises third to speak 7 handed to 8.5k on my BB. (blinds are 1500/3000). I have JJ.

Ocallagh knows I might shove here with a wider range then most and that I'm probably feeling more pot committed then most as I have an emotional attachment to my chips. LOL. I'm barely in the money but I'm playing for the top 2 spots really.

My read.

I don't think he's making a move. Should I push or fold? As we all know he's more than capable of making a move with air but he doesn't see the need to right now and definitely not on my emotionally unstable BB.:) It just feels like he has a "good" hand that he's committed too. So Push or fold ? Push or fold???????
    Hand 1:
    if you raise to 6K and he pushes you have to call 8 to win a pot of 29.
    thats more than 3.5:1 odds.the only hand he could have that you dont have odds to call here are AA,KK so you will have to call.
    how ever this can all be calculated before the 6K raise to seen as you will come to the conclusion that you will have to call if he pushes,you may push your self,or better yet fold.

Hand 2:
    inst push,
    he could have AK,here some times,AQ here some times,88,99,TT as well so its a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Ollieboy wrote:
    A really good night lads and the final table was fun to watch, I've to say I cant say sorry enough for the brilliant betting by my Dad, I'm not joking but I thought Niall was going to kill him or me....lol.

It was his first game, so coming 4th was a nice result for him and he was delight with himself on the way home.

I though we were all a bit stunned when he turned over King high :eek: after betting 10K on flop and on the turn, but to be fair it was his first live tournament.

Well played by you dad Ollie, 4th with all those sharks is good going.

yeh fair play to your dad ollie i didnt realise it was his first game!! fair play to him he looked chuffed!!!

so who wants this ticket fellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ollyk1 wrote:
    However thanks to my outdrawing skills ;) and the fact I wasn't afraid to stick the chips in when I got short (And outdrawing rounders with AQ sooted versus AQ) I made the FT

Yeah that was probably the second biggest outdraw of the night second to my resignation re-raise back to ionapaul with 73o and hitting two 7's to beat his QQ.
    Mad stuff.

to my resignation re-raise back to ionapaul with 73o and hitting two 7's to beat his QQ.

He should stick to the eastern Europeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

great night and the final table was a great laugh! very well played Peter! Had a good laugh sitting at the same table for a while. Your J4 really was a great hand and I'm sure Spectre was sick!!!

Ollyk - I just had a good feeling about my KQ :p I made a lot of impulsive decisions last night and that was definitely one of them!

a few quick ones.

Earlier on in the night I raise 2.5XBB QTs UTG. Table was 6 handed. 12 players left. Peter UTG+1 calls as does Eamonn (he is only here with 88/AJ+ seriously). Peters call really worried me because he had very recently been in push/fold territory.. I had him on a big hand here. I totally miss the flop, turn and river. By betting I am commiting myself against Peter. Should I always have a pop here and just hope Peter's not slow playing something? I also had Eamonn to worry about.

Should I have called with the A2 in the infamous boyce hand? (ill get you back in vegas ollie!!!)

My call with QT against Eoghans all in? (This crippled me). Binds were 3k 6k. Eoghan pushes all in from the SB for about 25k. I am in BB with QTo and dont even think about it... my chips are in. (I actually thought he had closer to 20k)

Down to 22k (blinds 3k 6k). I get 74o in BB. Peter raises his usual :) Do I go with it? His range is very wide here.

Apart from those 4 hands I was happy with my play. The final table was really tough. I was lucky to be there I felt. doubled with AA and then made a fishy move against Peter which doubled me up. (second pair did the trick!) Peter was 50-50 on the flop with overs and a better flush draw.

eoghan104 wrote:
    yeh fair play to your dad ollie i didnt realise it was his first game!! fair play to him he looked chuffed!!!

so who wants this ticket fellas?
    ionapaul got in there first if he dosent want it i will deffo take it.

ocallagh wrote:

Earlier on in the night I raise 2.5XBB QTs UTG. Table was 6 handed. 12 players left. Peter UTG+1 calls as does Eamonn (he is only here with 88/AJ+ seriously). Peters call really worried me because he had very recently been in push/fold territory.. I had him on a big hand here. I totally miss the flop, turn and river. By betting I am commiting myself against Peter. Should I always have a pop here and just hope Peter's not slow playing something? I also had Eamonn to worry about.

Should I have called with the A2 in the infamous boyce hand? (ill get you back in vegas ollie!!!)

My call with QT against Eoghans all in? (This crippled me). Binds were 3k 6k. Eoghan pushes all in from the SB for about 25k. I am in BB with QTo and dont even think about it... my chips are in. (I actually thought he had closer to 20k)

Down to 22k (blinds 3k 6k). I get 74o in BB. Peter raises his usual :) Do I go with it? His range is very wide here.

I saw 3 of the 4 hands.

Hand 1: With Eamonn in the hand you can't have a pop. he's only intheir with something good. His range is certainly around what you've said.

Hand 2: Vs Mr Boyce - i thought this was a fold. He looked to me like he had a monster, though his turn bet did look weak. On the flipside, by calling you were all in on the river regardless, so I think folding was right.

Hand 3: With Eoghans range it's an instacall

Hand 4: 47o I'd call this as well, simply because you know Peters range is now any rag ace, 2 suited cards, 2 broadways etc.

hey niall,

well done last night it was good craic!! about those hands.......

1st- I think its very easy to overrate these kinda hands and its something i always do and i hate it!! fair enough to raise with them but with 2 callers and a missed flop its probabley time to get out of there because hands calling you preflop are very likley to be dominating you. when you only raised 2.5 bbs it should be easy to let it go and you dont really have to commit to the hand in my opinion.

hand 2- if this is the hand against ollies dad then yes i think you were right to fold there. there was no way you could imagine being ahead with that betting into the dry side pot.......... especially when he bet on the turn aswell. its just unfortunate he didnt realise everyone should of checked it down!

hand 3- again i think your right to call here as my range is massive here. i was pushing with anything and even when u saw my hand u must have been happy enough with a 50/50???

hand 4- to be honest i think you could of laid this down........ you had enough to pay the small blind and wait a round to pick a better spot to get your chips in. his range is wide yes but your never gona be in great shape here lets be honest!!!!

thats my two cent anyway man.........

• Advertisement

Gholimoli wrote:
    ionapaul got in there first if he dosent want it i will deffo take it.
    thats grand if he doesnt want it its yours.

Advertisement