Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X20 - "Two For The Road" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What the f*cking shocking ending?

Missed last week's episode so not really sure what I missed in the interval. This episode was pretty terrible up until the end. That's honestly the most shocked I've been at anything they've done.

I remember when Anna-Lucia shot Shannon in an earlier episode everyone was saying "It's a knife wound, it's a knife wound, she's still alive". I don't think Michael shot himself in the shoulder.

Freaky mind control for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Great Episode! 9/10
    I'd go along with the theory that someone said about Michael shooting Anna-Lucia and Libby (and himself) to free Henry and get his BOY (that they took right outta his hands!) back from the Others as a trade for Henry.

Some interesting stuff in the flashbacks, with Sawyer bumping into the car Ana-Lucia and Jack's Dad were in, presumably heading to when he and Jack's Dad met.
    Also, the numbers were on top of the police cars in the car park in one of Ana-Lucia's flashbacks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Great ending! I decided pretty much as soon as Michael woke, he was up to no good but I didn't see that coming. Who is the woman that Jack's dad went to see in Sydney? She looked familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

A solid 9/10 for me.

Hopefully AL is dead, God I HATE her.....

I doubt Libby is dead, not after the cliff hanger ending two weeks ago, with her as a patient in the Happy Home. Surely they wouldn;t have that, then ignore it the following week, and then kill her off!!

I don't think Michael killed himself, he would have shot himself in the head.

I reckon he is bargaining with the others, killing AL and freeing Henry. Libby was shot because she surprised him, and he shot himself in the shoulder to make it look like Henry did it.

Also, another few classic lines from Sawyer after he got it on with AL.
    "Don't you want my number?" & "No chance of cuddles then?"

Henrys comment to Locke was interesting. Is he just winding him up, or was he really coming to get him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

prospect wrote:
    A solid 9/10 for me.

Hopefully AL is dead, God I HATE her.....

I doubt Libby is dead, not after the cliff hanger ending two weeks ago, with her as a patient in the Happy Home. Surely they wouldn;t have that, then ignore it the following week, and then kill her off!!

I don't think Michael killed himself, he would have shot himself in the head.

I reckon he is bargaining with the others, killing AL and freeing Henry. Libby was shot because she surprised him, and he shot himself in the shoulder to make it look like Henry did it.

Also, another few classic lines from Sawyer after he got it on with AL.
    "Don't you want my number?" & "No chance of cuddles then?"

Henrys comment to Locke was interesting. Is he just winding him up, or was he really coming to get him?

Hes winding . Henrys mission was to kill anna lucia. Very obvious. "He said he could save her, but i knew he couldnt". She was marked as bad. The only thing i wonder is, when she couldnt kill henry was she then saved, and is death the way to salvation???."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Awesome, awesome episode :D Michael seemed a bit "off" throughout it so I knew something was up but never could I have seen that ending coming. Been running over different theories as to why he may have turned but nothing seems to make sense - for once, I'm completely stumped!

I've seen a few people theorising around the interweb that the daughter Christian was looking for was Claire yet they fail to back their theory up with any evidence beyond the fact that the woman Christian was talking to was blonde and in Australia. Seems a bit ludicrous to me! Anyone here got any real evidence to back up this theory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

What an amazing episode. I have to say the writing and directing in this ep was top class. The biggest shock ending i've seen in a long while. I would have never thought of it, i thought he said "Sorry" because he couldn't bring himself to kill Henry.

When Michael first came back and was talking about the others, it didn't seem believable. It didn't sound like he was telling the truth. But that is the advantage of hein-sight. Also if Michael's mission is to free henry (or kill him) how did the others know he was captured in the hatch. Maybe it was something henry did on the computer in lockdown that alerted the others to his whereabouts.

I don't believe what henry said about him being on a mission to get locke. We know that the others don't get caught if they don't want to. He's just playing Locke, i don't know what for yet tho.

If Micheal was told to tell the losties that the could take them, why are they trying to provoke them to fight. The others seem like hypocrits to me.

The whole thing of Micheal reminds me of what Danniel said in Season 1. "Watch your friends, watch them closely".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I'm a bit puzzled by these references to a connection between Jack and Clare. If I heard his father correctly he shouted at the blonde woman "I just want to get in touch with my son" which led me to belive it was Jack's ex-wife he was talking to. Anyone have a tape of the episode that can clarify this?

Great ending to an otherwise only average episode. Looked to me like "They took mah boy!" was only aiming for his arm, presumably to put the blame on Henry. AL was an intended victim, Libby an accidental one.

Kolodny wrote:
    Who is the woman that Jack's dad went to see in Sydney? She looked familiar.

She's quite similar to Claire. Blonde curly hair and Australian. Could be a red herring but I wonder if that's what makes you think she is familiar.

Actress' name is Gabrielle Fitzpatrick and it's the first time we've seen her in Lost. She has guest starred in a couple of American shows such as 24 and Frasier and starred in the Power Rangers movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

.. Anyone have a tape of the episode that can clarify this?

I completely missed the Christain/Jack/Claire reference/allusion (note to self - watch LOST with no-one else in the room) - must watch again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

biko wrote:
    Well, Libby was gonna get blankets and wine, remember? ;) At least that my guess.
    Libby was getting the blankets Hurley was getting the wine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Also ..

when Hurley approached Sayid about the radio, Sayid was digging a big hole.

A grave ? Did he know/suspect something ? Another LOST red herring ?

I don't think Sayid was digging a grave. It was too close to camp. I think it has something to do with what he has been building. If there was a poll I'd give the ep a 9 I was so confused at the end of that. I thought Jacks dad shouted I just want to see my daughter. I'm confused now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just watched the episode there as I was out last night and missed it.
    Great episode but I had the shock of AL and Liby being shot by Mike wrecked for me ages ago by a friend.

I did notice a small discrepancy though. In the scene where AL and Jacks dad are outside the Cocktail bar Jacks dad opens the door and it hits Sawyer, who has long hair. Now when he was on the Island didnt he start off with short hair?

I don't think so besides Kate cut it recently for him

trishw78 wrote:
    I don't think so besides Kate cut it recently for him
    I definitely remember in the early eps of Season1 he had really short hair. Cos when I saw the reruns on E4 I laughed at it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Well if we're gonna get into hairstyles, what about Jack's omnipresent number 3?

I wish that was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Well if we're gonna get into hairstyles, what about Jack's omnipresent number 3?

I wish that was me.

or the sudden apearance of tattoo's:p The island has some strange powers!!

who has tattoos all of a sudden

• Advertisement

I think Jacks one on the inside of his left forearm is an addition, not too sure though. But I think I remember the one he has on his shoulder as always being there.

Fox has had that one on his forearm since Lost started.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Brillant episode!!!
    What did ye make of Henry saying that he was coming for Locke cause he was a good guy? The shocked look on Locke's face when he was told that, although when Locke's talking to Jack, he says something like The Others do nothing but tell lies.
    Best bit as when Locke realised that Anna was going to kill henry, "Jack, I've got something to tell you!" right after Locke saying that Jack shouldn't do things without informing him! Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't think Michael has 'turned'. The look of shock on his face when he shot AL and Libby suggests that he had to do it.

But if he hasn't "turned" and all it is is a simple "Henry" for Walt trade, why not tell the rest of the survivors about it before just shooting Ana? After all, that was the very thing Jack & Kate were trying to do when they found Michael. This is where I had my problems coming up with a theory as to why Michael did what he did; there's very obviously something more to this situation that we're missing, something which we better find out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

MeTV wrote:
    But if he hasn't "turned" and all it is is a simple "Henry" for Walt trade, why not tell the rest of the survivors about it before just shooting Ana? After all, that was the very thing Jack & Kate were trying to do when they found Michael. This is where I had my problems coming up with a theory as to why Michael did what he did; there's very obviously something more to this situation that we're missing, something which we better find out next week.

Michael possibly isn't finished yet!

He may have been instructed to kill several of the losties/tailies and free Henry in exchange for Walt.
    I doubt Michael would kill himself. He seems too determined to save Walt. It is possible that:
    1. He just injured himself so he could legitimatily (sp) claim Henry escaped killing AL & Libby, and continue working for the Others within the losties camp.
    2. He is drugged/brainwashed.
    3. It isn't really michael

Like I said, freaky mind control FTW.

Michael is not acting under his own volition.

Suggest wearing tin foil hat when next episode of Lost airs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

Even though I was spoiled on the development about Ana Lucia and Libby my heart was pounding after seeing it. It was so well done and Libby being shot so was even more unexpected than Ana Lucia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

killing al , i am starting to like the way the others think....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Seconded

Advertisement