Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X20 - "Two For The Road" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 26-06-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Warning, this thread will contain spoilers for those who have not seen episode 2X20

(You know the drill :) )

After finding an exhausted Michael in the forest Jack and Kate bring him back to the main camp. When finally waking up, Michael has some new details about "The Others." Also, a lovestruck Hurley plans a date for Libby. Lastly, Henry tries to kill Ana-Lucia and now Ana-Lucia wants revenge.
    Synopsis from tv.com

Edit: Damn it, my poll didn't work! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

That was an unbelievably shocking ending! wtf is going on?! libby cant die!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

omg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great episode! What an ending!
    When he shot Anna Lucia and then Libby, it seemed pretty clear that he was released to get Henry out....but did he shoot himself then?? WTF? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

it was episode 20 goddamnit

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭PonderStibbons

That was an unbelievably shocking ending! wtf is going on?! libby cant die!

I doubt it very much, surely something has to come of the story with her in the Mental hospital? She got shot in the stomach, through whatever she was holding - perhaps it was metal or something? Although it would be brilliant if she did, you really would not know what to expect if they were starting up storylines and then just ending them randomly like that. It was a great episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh he shot himself, to sell the story.

if henry got out and michael was unscaved and the two girls were shot dead the group (jack,kate,locke etc) would know there was something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Reckon he shot himself so it would look like Henry had done it. Michael could stay on in the camp then if he has more stuff that the Others are making him do.

Steoob wrote:
    it was episode 20 goddamnit
    Oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, Libby was gonna get blankets and wine, remember? ;) At least that my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

in complete shock at that episode. May be the best of the season so far in my mind. after some thought ill leave a comment :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

biko wrote:
    Well, Libby was gonna get blankets and wine, remember? ;) At least that my guess.

Yes and as we all know, bottles of wine are bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

great episode,...but i knew as soon as he told jack and locke bout how they could take on the others, he was up to no good...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yes and as we all know, bottles of wine are bullet proof.

As are squishy blankets!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

So has Michael turned to the 'others' side? Perhaps they will leave his son go in exchange for Michael getting their man back? So he had to get rid of Anna coz she would see him set Henry free. He shot Libby accidentally. Had to shoot himself to look like Henry escaped...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

WHOA! Spectacular ending. Felt the episode was leading up to nothing for a while. But the ending has to be the best one this series! It was just a huge shock what happened. I dont think he killed himself, it look like he shot the flourescent bulb on the wall.

The backstory was very interesting. We got quite insight into Jack's dad. Interesting to see he had a child outside of wedlock. Felt his story dominated the flashback rather than Ana Lucia in ym opinion. But if Ana0Lucia's mom has the flight number, we definitely know someone from the outside world has the number of what flight a next of kin was on.
    DEFINITELY A 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow. After that episode all I could say was holy sh*t! How many episodes are left in the series? Two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Bloody brill. 10 out of 10. I knew there must be something up with Michael because of his story, but I thought it was the trap the losties. Not expecting this. Did he shoot himself in the end? The shot looked like it would only hit his arm. When someone goes to shoot themselves it is usally in the head.

And Libby :eek: Poor old Hurley. Might be better off anyway.

Surely a LAPD captain could raise such a fuss about a search party. Alot of the others had no other relatives or loved ones and the ones that did e.g. Boone, did not know exactly what flight they were on. My point being that if anyone had the determination and resources to orgainise a giant search, it would be Ana's mother.

Roll on next week.

Is there no way to add a poll?? Feck...

Anyway, yeah, terrific ending. It didn't dawn on me that he had shot himself to make the story convincing, looking back it did look like he only shot himself in the shoulder region.

Also annoyed that the search function is down, would liked to have read the US discussion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

AL is dead. I reckopn Libby might live on in a coma for a while.

Michael is either drugged, brainwashed or under orders to get Henry out. Altho why he was so shocked to shoot Libby but not AL is an interesting point. Was AL "bad" and "Libby" good - just like "Locke" is good.
    Looks like he is deffo trying to get them to march o the Others camp and get taken - altho if they can overpower that easily why they don;t just do it now is worth a debate. Maybe something stops them crossing the "line" to the other side of the island where the losties live.

Jacks dad is certainly an interesting guy and if Jack and Claire are half broher/sisters that would be an interesting spin.

Still dunno where this is going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Any one else think that Michael's mission was to kill AL and "Henry" as per the leaders instructions ie Henry said he was unforgiving. So now he willl finish off Henry if my theory is right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

gustavo wrote:
    Any one else think that Michael's mission was to kill AL and "Henry" as per the leaders instructions ie Henry said he was unforgiving. So now he willl finish off Henry if my theory is right
    So why would he shoot himself in the arm?

gustavo wrote:

I figured that was what was going to happen but why didn't he shoot Henry before he shot himself? I think he was under instructions from The Others to kill AL and free Henry.

Libby is the wild card really because if that really was a pool of wine surrounding her instead of blood then she might be alive and able to tell Jack and co that Michael shot AL...

YeAh! wrote:
    So why would he shoot himself in the arm?

Was it not his chest? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Cooee wrote:

Jacks dad is certainly an interesting guy and if Jack and Claire are half broher/sisters that would be an interesting spin.

No way - was that Claire? What a spin indeed! It definitely looked like Michael aimed sideways. Did I read somewhere that AL was written out because of a DUI conviction in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Libby is the wild card really because if that really was a pool of wine surrounding her instead of blood then she might be alive and able to tell Jack and co that Michael shot AL...
    but it was Hurley who went to get the wine, not Libby....she only went to get blankets

but it was Hurley who went to get the wine, not Libby....she only went to get blankets

Oh yeah you're right cos Hurley said if he got drunk enough he might remember where he knows her from. Guess it was blood after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Cooee wrote:

That was the first thing I thought of when I seen it too.
    Was it not his chest?

I also thought he shot himself in the chest. Although if he was doin this to get Walt back why kill himself - was it just to save his son? I don't think Michael had turned to the "Others" as was suggested. You could see when he was talking to AL about them being "animals" the hatred he had for them, although maybe part of that was he knew what he was about to do for them.

Best episode I have seen yet(although I missed lockedown). The wow factor at the end was brilliant. Just did not see mass shootings on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Have to say that was probably the best episode of S2 so far, next to Lockdown.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm the person Jack's dad is fighting with in Sydney?

Does she have any link the the Losties?

Regarding Michael.

Just tryin to work out if he was there to Kill AL ( retribution for her killing Goodwin) or just to free Henry and the killing was not pre-empted.

I also assume that he shot himself so as it appeared that he went in to kill henry and Micahel got overpowered and then shot and then Henry escapes.

Questions, questions, question...

but where are the answer..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh yeah you're right cos Hurley said if he got drunk enough he might remember where he knows her from. Guess it was blood after all...

And did you notice the look on Libby's face when Hurley said that to her? I think she knows very well where he knows her from. And yeah, she was only carrying blankets. She didn't have the wine with her.

I'm sure Michael shot himself in the shoulder to look like he was attached too. His intention certainly wasn't to kill himself. I think he shot Anna because she was there, rather than because she was one of the "bad" ones and he shot Libby because she came on him by suprise.

I'm wondering if Henry will leave the hatch though. If his leader is unforgiving, then will it even be safe for him out there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement