Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gardai with the road manners of a pig.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

i'm a law abiding citizen, and i have nothing but distain for the institution that is the gardaí.

The individuals are/can be fine, but i find the utter distain they treat people with is an inheriant flaw.

Yes they have a hard job, yes they aren't trained properly... should this allow them act the b*ll*cks? no

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

You will find that their training is very tough and they get more training than most police forces anywhere in the world. 2 years long.

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/col/student.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

sneakyST wrote:
    Just to clear up the mobile phone issue with the guards....the reason they use the mobiles are because the radio network is bad and unsecure. mobile phones arent secure but they are harder to listen into than the current emergency servcies network. There is work going on to provide them with a seperate encrypted network so they can be exused for using the phones for the moment.
    Sign me up when they start handing out contracts for installing Tetra networks! After seeing the money paid out by the HSE, passport office and Martin "E-Voting" Cullen for shoddy systems there must be a mint to be made putting in a system that actually works!

Dars gold in dem dar hills:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Chief--- wrote:
    I am afraid you are incorrect and so is your so called "garda" friend.

Gardai 100% do not get reimbursed for using their own personal phones.

And as for what you said earlier about people hating the gardai. Yes they do but generally only in particular areas.

If a garda car drives through a council estate, you will hear wolf whistles, most young people will look on with hate in their eyes. Gardai might even get stoned or hit with ball bearings from catapults. If approached young kids under 4 years of age will start balling crying.

Drive through a upmarket area and gardai will get waves, kids approaching the car with excitement in their eyes, people coming over to chat.

i live in a well to do area in cork, rochestown. and i have never and i mean never seen a gardai getting waves, kids approaching the car with excitement in their eyes, people coming over to chat... never. are you saying i am incorrect about that as well.

and even that statement you made, do you think that that is acceptable different rules for different areas, smells of annabels night club and 4 black rock collage boys.
    that is a disgusting attitude to have, and a typical gardai response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

i live in a well to do area in cork, rochestown. .....

... smells of annabels night club and 4 black rock collage boys.
    Sure isn't that the D4 of Cork? And you criticise the part of Dublin that Rochestown wants to be?
    that is a disgusting attitude to have, and a typical gardai response.
    What you're referring to sounds like his own experience, or the experience of a guard who has related such anecdotes to Chief, rather than an "attitude".

• Advertisement

i live in a well to do area in cork, rochestown. and i have never and i mean never seen a gardai getting waves, kids approaching the car with excitement in their eyes, people coming over to chat... never. are you saying i am incorrect about that as well.

The decent people in rochestown in cork have nothing but admiration for the local gardai there.

You were obviously nicely tucked up in bed when upwards of 50 unifomred and unarmed gardai surrounded a local businessmans house (owner of a chain of off licences in cork) who was being held hostage by armed members of the IRA.

Armed gardai successfully arrested the hostage takers.

http://breaking.tcm.ie/2005/05/03/story200889.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Chief--- wrote:
    The decent people in rochestown in cork have nothing but admiration for the local gardai there.

You were obviously nicely tucked up in bed when upwards of 50 unifomred and unarmed gardai surrounded a local businessmans house (owner of a chain of off licences in cork) who was being held hostage by armed members of the IRA.

Why bother to congratulate the Garda when you can bit*h and moan about them for no reason. Even complain about them when they are doing a good job for the local community and stopping underage drinkers from getting booze. I dont think it will matter how many time you show the good work the Garda do because this person will just make up more excuse, like creating a sudden friend in the Garda to try and slag them off another way.

Seems to me the good people in your area have no problem with the Garda so I would look closer to home

Oh i know its always the same here....

"My brothers friends girlfriends father was sitting outside his house. A garda walked past and he said hello to the garda. The garda took out his baton and hit him over the head, dragged him into a car and locked him for for 5 months... And this man pays his wages.

All gadai are the same...scum........"

yada yada yada.

Chief--- wrote:
    Oh i know its always the same here....

"My brothers friends girlfriends father was sitting outside his house. A garda walked past and he said hello to the garda. The garda took out his baton and hit him over the head, dragged him into a car and locked him for for 5 months... And this man pays his wages.

All gadai are the same...scum........"

yada yada yada.

Sounds like a converastion with Kaiser2000, everytime the Garda is mentioned starts going "Scum, scum scum" even if they are rescuing a kid or after saving a life

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Big Nelly wrote:
    Sounds like a converastion with Kaiser2000, everytime the Garda is mentioned starts going "Scum, scum scum" even if they are rescuing a kid or after saving a life
    I've never said all Gardai are "scum", and if you don't believe that there are some Gardai that abuse their position and authority then you need to wake up to the reality of law enforcement in this country.

Read this post I made previously and then talk...

• Advertisement

Re:above post
    If you live next door to junkies of course you are going to encounter that kind of behaviour.

Sell up, even houses in some of the shíthole areas in dublin are going for up to 300K. Would buy a nice apartment somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Chief--- wrote:
    Re:above post
    If you live next door to junkies of course you are going to encounter that kind of behaviour.

Sell up, even houses in some of the shíthole areas in dublin are going for up to 300K. Would buy a nice apartment somewhere.
    Firstly, it's a council house so the option to "sell up" doesn't apply.

Secondly, you've completely chosen to ignore the bigger problem and the point I was making - ie: the Garda response (or more accurately - the lack thereof!) to these incidents.

(Anyway this is OT at this stage so apologies :))

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Firstly, it's a council house so the option to "sell up" doesn't apply.

Secondly, you've completely chosen to ignore the bigger problem and the point I was making - ie: the Garda response to these incidents.

(Anyway this is OT at this stage so apologies :))

Seeing as you have an atitude towards the Garda it is probably more to do with communication or the lack of it that is the main problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,230 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Big Balls wrote:
    Unkel, I'm no rep and my car runs on petrol

Sorry. I got you mixed up with another poster...

Chief--- wrote:

you should also know so, that one of the guys fell asleep, the businessman escaped while he was asleep and ran from the house and rang his brother in law (who happened to be a detective or inspector) and the two boys (who were suspected to have IRA involvement but later dismissed) were caught running from the house still with sleep in their eyes...

so don't try beef it up to make it sound like CSI Cork...

but besides your legs and arms on this story, yes it was a good result a great result and one has to congratulate the brother in law and his colleagues for the capture of these two scumbags...

also for your information, this was the second violent incident that happened in this park, the other involved foreign nationals living in the park where again the house was broken into and the occupants were badly beaten.... as far as i know, nobody was caught for this one and the response wasn't so quick...

whats your point with this story...

i think you may be getting carried away... this was about road manners

i stand corrected... i was wrong about the hostage having a brother in law who was a detective or an inspector.
    Chief--- wrote:
    1. The hostages brother in law is not a detective or an inspector. <snip> the p in PM is for private -- DeV</snip>

thanks for clarifying that chiefy.

just a note to chiefy... i have deleted you PM with out reading it. please restrict your correspondence with me to the public forum. All future PM will be deleted as well. If you cant say it on the public board then its not worth reading

The truth hurts i know.

Reason i went to pm is because this thread has gone way off topic. Forum rules and all that. Off topic debates should be conducted through pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For the sake of a quiet life, thread closed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement