Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X18 - "Dave" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

MIGWAR-DWP wrote:
    dude, norton is already in the group getting jiggy with fat mr loaf. carter walks in afterwards and she's the only one stood there. watch it again...

thats like saying tylers real.. coz he's sat next to him on the plane..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

loon wrote:
    thats like saying tylers real.. coz he's sat next to him on the plane..

NO ITS NOT. he's stood at the other side of the effing room when she walks in, and everyone turns to look at her. watch it again dude, your mind's playing tricks wit you...

yes... but thats his perception... in reality he most likely walked in wearing a dress, hence all the staring...

loon wrote:
    yes... but thats his perception... in reality he most likely walked in wearing a dress, hence all the staring...

if that's a relavent arguement then it can be applied to any film...

...arnie was paranoid and was in fact the predator, it was all in his mind, hence he survived and no one else could see it...

...sly had a multiple personallity disorder and thought he was rocky and apollo. he stood in the ring beating seven shades of sh*t out of himself...

any film...

no.. because they all had character interaction.. marla only interacts with 'jack' and tyler..

• Advertisement

actually she interacts with lots of people during the support groups section of the film. and you can get around this by saying it was norton in a dress, then...

...tom hanks is actually the mermaid, and she's imagining the whole story of being in the outside world. the whole film is in her head...

(bit of a stretch that one)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

the reason the tech support guy is talking to him as if he's already dead is because he DID die. He killed himself. His body is frozen. Time goes on 150 years. Now technology can bring him back to life.

he's leaving behind the "good life" he had in the "lucid dream package", jumping off the building to wake up, and being brought "back to life" simultaneously in the real world.

maybe you could explain to me your thoughts on the last 2 minutes. You think he's committing suicide by jumping off the building so he can go meet penelope in the afterlife? Do you think he was really frozen or is it all in his head? Is the "tech support" guy some kind of spiritual guide to bring him to the afterlife when he finally admits to himself that he is dead? Is that the way you interpretted the movie?

How do you explain the very last shot of the movie with his eyes opening? Is this not him being thawed out in the future? or do you think its him opening his eyes in the afterlife?? (is this what alot of people thought?)

Please elaborate

(btw - dont really care about who was real in fight club - the movie sucked the big one - the only thing I cant get my head around is why so many people liked it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Hurley went mad before winning the lottery, didn;t he get his winning numbers in the mad house, then obviously was released, and then used the numbers and won the lottery!

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    (btw - dont really care about who was real in fight club - the movie sucked the big one - the only thing I cant get my head around is why so many people liked it)

so the real debate should be, why you think an over elaborate, jumped up piece of cr@p like vanilla sky is worthy of debate?

fight club was well acted, well made, and is generally well recieved.

vanilla sky is thought of like most cruise films...

and none of this has anything to with lost...

hurley was crazy before he won the lottery, and is still crazy now...

did he even really win the lottery???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

this thread has just become one big spoiler fest for Fight Club and to a lesser extent Vanila Sky, would you mind keeping the discussions to a different thread(possibly in here might help), because some people may not have seen the movies(although i have seen Fight Club, and dont care about Vanilla Sky, i've already had The Usual Suspects ruined for me by fookin Will and Grace:mad: :mad: ) and they dont exactly have much to do with lost

playa3 wrote:
    this thread has just become one big spoiler fest for Fight Club and to a lesser extent Vanila Sky, would you mind keeping the discussions to a different thread(possibly in here might help), because some people may not have seen the movies(although i have seen Fight Club, and dont care about Vanilla Sky, i've already had The Usual Suspects ruined for me by fookin Will and Grace:mad: :mad: ) and they dont exactly have much to do with lost

i agree, we've got way off the point, but come on, these films are about ten years old. you've gotta be living in a box not to know the concept of fight club...

i remember having sixth sense ruined for me a week after its release...

(cheers loon)

he gets shot and killed at the beginning of the film.. anyone who didn't get this... well

loon wrote:
    he gets shot and killed at the beginning of the film.. anyone who didn't get this... well

dude, you never gave me chance to 'get' anything...

dont even start me on unbreakable..

anyway, i'm off to watch footie now, so you can all get 'lost'....

(ho,ho,ho)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

yeah loon - we all bow to your superior knowledge of what "really" happened in films - perhaps you would like to explain the likes of lost highway or mulholland drive to us?:)

Advertisement