Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X18 - "Dave" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 12-06-2006 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "DAVE" -

Episode Title: "Dave
    Airdate: June 12th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.com):

Libby lends a helping hand to Hurley to support him when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him. Hurley begins to see Dave (guest-star Evan Handler "Sex and the City") on the island, who was his "friend" in the mental institution he was in before crashing on the island. Also, Locke's sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner gives him new information about the hatch.

Next Episode: 2X19 - "S.O.S" - June 19th 2006

Link to US Discussion thread for this episode!

What did you think of "Dave"? 42 votes

0%
    11%
    ToulouseEamonnKeaneBartronilicarctic lemurBaby4 5 votes
    14%
    weemcdyom 1NecronomiconbikoFitzomarie_85 6 votes
    33%
    JBoyle4evaquazzyOptikusKillaqueen!!!homerjkfobstrishw78tired of life?Silageim...LOSTgustavoJellometaforamikedragon32 14 votes
    19%
    sunbeamdentsqurmTobias GreeshmanFaeriedjkeoghpokerwidowcoidi 8 votes
    11%
    ChazprospectThe GnomeFuzzy_DunlopAOR 5 votes
    9%
    Hmm_MessiahCooeeHaven't a ClueBMH 4 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...shut up about the world cup and start lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Nothing like good aul' copy and paste to take out your aggression:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

im...LOST wrote:
    Nothing like good aul' copy and paste to take out your aggression:D :D

i was going to do it 108 times but got boared....

jhegarty wrote:
    i was going to do it 108 times but got boared....
    You did it 42 times instead?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Didn't like this episode. After the greatness of 'lockdown' this one bored me slightly. Wasn't the worst though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

Yeah it was a bit slow. so they're all mental, thats all we found out really. and henry might not have pushed the button. oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

That was a great episode. Libby is great and so was the ending

No, it wasn't. I liked the ending alright but what does it mean? It's just coincidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Henry saying "...like a magnet..." was a bit suspicious. Not exactly an everyday phrase.

Well there are magnets down in the hatch after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thought it was a good episode. 8/10
    Found many parts of it quite funny, which is a bonus.
    And then Libby at the end was a suprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Well there are magnets down in the hatch after all.
    That's what I was getting at. I mean, it would be odd for him to just pick the phrase 'like a magnet' out of the blue. It indicates he might know stuff about the hatch. Or it's just dodgy writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

No, it wasn't.
    What, we're not entitled to opinions anymore? :rolleyes:

I thought it was a terrific episode, I gave it a 9. Good to see Hurley involved properly instead of being a one-line comic relief character. Really enjoyed his backstory. After a brilliant ending last week, we get another one tonight.
    Henry, well, there were theories that he wasn't necessarily an Other but maybe the person who Desmond replaced in the hatch. Those looked to be quashed now, the way he talked: "They'll kill me if I talk" etc. It'll be interesting to see if Locke believes his story that nothing happened when the timer went down to zero.
    Very good episode.

Ok, I'll rephrase myself.

I though it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't as bad as "...and found", "collision" or "what Kate did" but it was still poor enough...I THOUGHT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Crucifix wrote:
    That's what I was getting at. I mean, it would be odd for him to just pick the phrase 'like a magnet' out of the blue. It indicates he might know stuff about the hatch. Or it's just dodgy writing.

Yeah i know what you mean, how can you hear a magnet?,

thought the episode was alright, good the way they kinda got rid of the whole its one big dream scenario, that woulda been the biggest load of bollocks if Lost ended like that. as for henry(or whoever he is now), i kinda guessed this whole possibility that he never pushed the button , but he could very well be leading Locke on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 coidi

playa3 wrote:
    Yeah i know what you mean, how can you hear a magnet?,

thought the episode was alright, good the way they kinda got rid of the whole its one big dream scenario, that woulda been the biggest load of bollocks if Lost ended like that. as for henry(or whoever he is now), i kinda guessed this whole possibility that he never pushed the button , but he could very well be leading Locke on
    ya but supposin if the lockdown had not happened and dey stil didnt press the button noone wud have seen the map on the doors cos dey wud stil b up u know?dats why i tink 'henry' did press the button but hes just screwin with locke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Most interersting bit - don't have the exact quotes, but something along the lines of:

Locke: You've been on this island for God knows how long.

"Henry": God doesn't know.

Locke: Huh?

"Henry": God knows no more about this island than the outside world does.

Also, when "Henry" says he's given up lying, why the hell didn't Locke ask him all the questions we've been dying to know about? Of course, just because "Henry" says he's given up lying doesn't mean he actually has, but Locke could at least have tried a few questions.

Other stuff was great too, Hurley, Libby, is it all a dream, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Great episode. My favourite episodes are those with Locke and Hurley and this one didn't disappoint! Once the Dr. took the picture of Hurley and Dave for the first time, I thought jokingly 'Dave wont show up!' and then I thought about it and I copped on that he was imaginary!

I thought it was good the way they did that and the scene at the cliff was great!

The ending was brilliant..as soon as I saw the back of her head; "ah, no its her!!" so that put a bit of a twist. I wonder if libby knows Hurley was in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

fav bits did anyone notice the numbers well 3 of them anyway. When Hurley was with the psychiatrist he said that there was 8 people on the platform that was built for 16 an 2 people died. I thought that was so cool...

Loved the twist at the end with Libby

EDIT: Just realise 2 isn't one of the numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

decent enough episode - didnt really find out anything new at all though. Bit of a mind-job for auld hurley - "you're still in the hospital" - explanation about the numbers etc - I think I wouldve jumped off the cliff! I was sure he was gonna slip off at the end there. 10 minutes standing right on the edge. Decent twist but I hope its explained and not just forgotten about. The photo was a bit messed up (looked like nighttime in the photo, but it was daytime in the scene - screenshot anyone?)

No new info but entertaining enough - nothing on last weeks ep - hope next week is better. Henry is defo playing with lockes mind tho - why would he bother saying this at all? He wants them to not type in the numbers so they'll all be destroyed (and him too) or something along those lines

cant believe sayid was actually going to blow the dudes head off tho - hardcore - gotta love sayid (the mini-mart job from sawyer was pretty funny)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Hurley Beating up sawyer was better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

Thought that was an interesting episode. I thought there was a nice balance throughout between backstory and the two other plots on the island. I think libby definately knows about Hurley being in the hospital. The look she gave when Hurley said that things are going to change i think suggested that she knew something. I hope we get a backstory for her, she's turning out more interesting then i thought.

"Henry" is a weird character. When sayid had the gun pointed at him he was absolutely about to crap his pants. But when locke was talking to him is was confident and sinister. Why is he so cowardly? He also made a reference to "Zeke". He said that he is nothing. He obviously knows more about the people on the island than he's letting on. He kept on mentioning "HE" aswel. What's that about?

Henry: You have no idea what he'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

OK episode, hard to follow up on last week

Correct me if I'm wrong as I was pretty sleepy when watching it last night but just before Dave jumped did he say something along the lines of "See you in another life, brother"? Sounds suspisiously like something Desmond said in the stadium to Jack, & I'm fairly sure Hurley didn't meet him when he was in the first couple of episodes.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it & need more sleep.........

squrm wrote:

"See you in another life, brother"

This seems to be a common enough phrase used by some of the characters but I don't beliee it to have any major significance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

some interesting coments during this episode to get us all theorising yet again......

So the island was a top secret adanced weapons testing and research facility. "God" can't see them cos the electro magnetic thingy is a cloaking device of some sort. Pushing the button keeps it going - when it wasn't pushed (Lockdown) food got dropped in as it briefly dropped the cloak.......

The facility was so secret that is has been "forgotten" and cos it's cloaked no one knows it's there......the Others are the researchers - they've gone native. Perhaps the facility was statered in early 60s at the height of the Cold War nuclear paranoia (Cuban Missile Crisis) and they think there has been a nuclear holocaust of some sort and are trying to keep their distance from crazy infected outsiders?

Now why everyone seems to be connected on the flight I have no idea! But with a short lunch break this is the best I can do with 10 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I thought it was an okay episode.

I really believe the others can monitor the losties in the hatch. I think they observed the tension between Jack and Locke, and their self appointed leadership roles. They also seem to be aware of John Lockes belief in fate. "Henry" seems to be playing on these (i.e. telling him the button does nothing, which is what Jack suspected when they first entered the hatch).
    Also, the food dropping in the forest and the resulting 'chaos' it caused seems to be another deliberate attempt to test the losties reactions.

To me it seems to be a human behavioural experiment, and 'Henry' has been sent in to try and deliberitaly develope scenarios so the losties reactions can be observed.

Also, it seems that alot of the losties are on the island as a consequence of their parents, Jack because his dad dies, Sawyer chasing his Dad to kill him, Hurleys mother mad him to go to the mental home where he got the numbers et cetera, Locke and his Dad (btw, did locke get his €200K?) and so on.

Finally, I would doubt Henry is the others leader, it would be a very dangerous and unpredictable situation to put him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

... sawyer's dad is dead???

... he killed himself after he shot his mum...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

prospect wrote:
    Sawyer chasing his Dad to kill him,
    loon wrote:
    ... sawyer's dad is dead???

... he killed himself after he shot his mum...

i think he got confused, we all know sawyer was chasing sawyer...

or should that be fsawyer was chasing sawyer

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement