Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X18 - "Dave" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

No, it should be James was chasing Sawyer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Oops,

Thats what i meant, I think...

Wait, which one is saywer again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The guy got Sawyer's auld pair killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

Its pretty straight forward really. sawyer's folks got ripped off by a guy called sawyer and killed themselves, so sawyer changed his name to sawyer, started ripping people off, just like sawyer did, in the hope of finding sawyer to kill him in revenge for his parents...

Got it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Cooee wrote:
    Now why everyone seems to be connected on the flight I have no idea! But with a short lunch break this is the best I can do with 10 minutes!

There is a Theory that everyone is separated from everyone by 6 Degrees of Separation.

Just a Theory to add to the already raging inferno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tired of life?

trishw78 wrote:
    There is a Theory that everyone is separated from everyone by 6 Degrees of Separation.

???????wat?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

i'm confused. is everything in Hurleys mind now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

trishw78 wrote:
    Hurley Beating up sawyer was better

Best scene by far! He had it coming :)
    Loved the ending too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Baby4 wrote:

Take it you've never seen Fight Club then?

Loved that episode, what a twist for Libby! So, is she really a shrink then or does she just know so much about psychotherapy cos she's had a lot. Think she definitely knew Hurley from the asylum, as she was staring directly at him there.

My favourite part was the look of joy on Jin's face watching Hurley beat up Sawyer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

When Hurley was with the psychiatrist he said that there was 8 people on the platform that was built for 16 an 2 people died. I thought that was so cool...

I thought here was 16 on a platform built for 8...

Did anyone catch the "imaginary friend" bit early? I got it when he was playing Connect 4: why would he play against the crazy guy when he could play against Dave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

I thought here was 16 on a platform built for 8...

Did anyone catch the "imaginary friend" bit early? I got it when he was playing Connect 4: why would he play against the crazy guy when he could play against Dave?

I thought it was 23 on a platform built for 8, but anyway....

Yeah, the Dave thing was pretty obvious, but I have to admit I had my doubts when he was telling Hurley it was all in his mind. The jumping of a cliff thing was a bit 'Vanilla Sky' though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

marie_85 wrote:

Yeah, the Dave thing was pretty obvious, but I have to admit I had my doubts when he was telling Hurley it was all in his mind. The jumping of a cliff thing was a bit 'Vanilla Sky' though.

I've never seen it..or Fight Club! Whats wrong with me?

But yeah. I copped on as soon as he took the picture of them. I thought it was done very well though, so that it was less obvious he was imaginary.

I really liked that bit at the end with Libby..the look on her face was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

marie_85 wrote:

... but hurley didn't think he'd die if he jumped off the cliff, he thought he would wake up... tom cruise knew he would die...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

tom cruise was jumping off the building to "wake up" - same as hurley. Remember the guy telling him "youre money wont last long...at least it'll be real" etc?

It was a total rip-off of vanilla sky - exact same situation (minus the whole "lucid dream" thing) Really liked both of em tho. Roll on ep 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Baby4 wrote:
    Because Dave was not an imaginary friend, Hugo was suffering from multiple personality disorder. In the basketball scene, Dave calls for the ball and the players throw it to Hugo; had Dave been an imaginary friend only, Hugo would have been the only one to "hear" him, the other guys passing the ball to Hugo implies that he was the one who called for it as the Dave persona. This also explains how Hugo feels Dave slapping him, he is, in fact, slapping himself.

MeTV wrote:
    This also explains how Hugo feels Dave slapping him, he is, in fact, slapping himself.

exactly like 'fight club'...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Indeed ;) Just expanded on the reference for those that haven't seen it.

???????wat?????

Here a link to what I'm talking about if no one else understands my theory on 6 degrees of separation. I give you wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_degrees_of_separation_phenomenon

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    tom cruise was jumping off the building to "wake up" - same as hurley. Remember the guy telling him "youre money wont last long...at least it'll be real" etc?

It was a total rip-off of vanilla sky - exact same situation (minus the whole "lucid dream" thing) Really liked both of em tho. Roll on ep 19.

... did you actually watch vanilla sky? i know this is a lost forum but...

tom realises that his entire 'life' is fake and that he never actually had a 'happy life' with penelope cruz and had no chance of rekindling what he thought he had as it was now the future...

... jumping off the building symbolises death as he knows that this is the only way he can be back with penelope cruz...

... taking things at face value... no wonder so many people liked season two..

• Advertisement

loon wrote:
    ... did you actually watch vanilla sky? i know this is a lost forum but...

tom realises that his entire 'life' is fake and that he never actually had a 'happy life' with penelope cruz and had no chance of rekindling what he thought he had as it was now the future...

... jumping off the building symbolises death as he knows that this is the only way he can be back with penelope cruz...

... taking things at face value... no wonder so many people liked season two..

YOU WINK...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

at this stage, has almost everyone of the main characters lost someone close in a way or form not just through deathy as well as being before the plane crash?

examples:

Shannon-Boone
    Sayid-Shannon
    Jack-His Ex, Dad
    Kate-Mum
    Hurley-Dave
    Sun-Translator Person
    Sawyer-Dad, Girlfriend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Loon - You said: "but hurley didn't think he'd die if he jumped off the cliff, he thought he would wake up... tom cruise knew he would die..."

the cruiser jumped off to "overcome his last fear" (heights) and to "wake up" (you know the way you wake up if you fall of a building in a dream). It was the exact same situation. He knew he'd wake up, be "unfrozen", live the remainder of his life out in the "future" (get his face and arm fixed - even though his money wouldnt last long).

He realises his happy memories were fake, the "lucid dream" has gone awry and he just wants to live his life out in the real world.

Sure he wants to meet penelope "in the next life" but he's not commiting suicide by jumping off the building - the very last scene is him opening his eyes - waking up "in the future". He wasnt killing himself.

Dont give me any crap about "taking things at face value" - he WAS in the "lucid dream" program (frozen), he DID realise it was all fake at the end (talking to the tech support guy), he COULD have kept living in the fake world, he chose to wake up (NOT to die) and return to the real world. And at the end he DID wake up.

do you think it was some kind of metaphor for him dying / dreams of a man before he passed on (jacobs ladder type thing)? What would make you think that?

he's definately dead.. you can tell by what/how the tech guy speaks...

... its the same as watching fight club and thinking that helena bonham carter is real...

loon wrote:
    he's definately dead.. you can tell by what/how the tech guy speaks...

... its the same as watching fight club and thinking that helena bonham carter is real...

you'll have to excuse him. no matter how reasoned an arguement you provide, he will still believe he was right.

and btw, when helena first walks into the support group, everyone turns to look at her. not bad for an imaginary person...

... i think you'll find that i AM always right... they turn towards him/her.. its the same as when he is punching himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

So you're saying he's Helena Bonham Carter as well? That's a bit of a stretch man and doesn't really make much sense.

I can't remember the Vanilla Sky ending exactly but I remember having a conversation about it afterwards and arguing that it was a positive rather than depressing ending (because he had decided to face reality).

loon wrote:
    ... i think you'll find that i AM always right... they turn towards him/her.. its the same as when he is punching himself...

dude, norton is already in the group getting jiggy with fat mr loaf. carter walks in afterwards and she's the only one stood there. watch it again...

• Advertisement

Wait OT Helena Bonhama Carter wasn't real... I thought she was.

Advertisement