Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSMS - desktop app to use your free text message allocation (multi-operator)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

i think with the newly designed meteor site, the app's login is broken :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

plannin on updating it at this stage.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Mine has stopped working since the Meteor website upgrade.

Anyway this can be fixed. Was a handy thing to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

orla wrote:
    Mine has stopped working since the Meteor website upgrade.

Anyway this can be fixed. Was a handy thing to have.

Yep yep hopefully within a week I will hope to get it fixed. I've been drinking waaay to much this weekend to ave a look at it so I will post an update here if I can get it sorted.

PS. If anyone who works in Meteor is reading this then please stop changing your site. Change is BAD!!! (for me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭verbatim

fbradyirl wrote:
    Yep yep hopefully within a week I will hope to get it fixed. I've been drinking waaay to much this weekend to ave a look at it so I will post an update here if I can get it sorted.

PS. If anyone who works in Meteor is reading this then please stop changing your site. Change is BAD!!! (for me)

They did a fairly big change to their site. I updated mackers O2sms script to work with meteors new site. This xml file shows the flow of the whole login & sending proceedure. You have to manually set some of the input fields when sending a text, particularly step 14, which sets the "action" field, otherwise it wont work.

• Advertisement

verbatim wrote:
    They did a fairly big change to their site. I updated mackers O2sms script to work with meteors new site. This xml file shows the flow of the whole login & sending proceedure. You have to manually set some of the input fields when sending a text, particularly step 14, which sets the "action" field, otherwise it wont work.

Cheers thanks for the info I'll have a look into this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pensi

Is there any similar program which is working with Meteor right now?

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

orla wrote:
    Any update on this?
    Aye, i'm getting impatient having to log in to that crappy website!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

someone called mackers did a similar thing a few yrs ago, had a few more features in it like text compression. he originally called it o2sms but eventually wrote ones for vodafone and meteor too. its on his website:

http://www.mackers.com/projects/

• Advertisement

sdssarah wrote:
    someone called mackers did a similar thing a few yrs ago, had a few more features in it like text compression. he originally called it o2sms but eventually wrote ones for vodafone and meteor too. its on his website:

http://www.mackers.com/projects/

I've tried this one a few times and it never works for me.

Ok everyone I had a chance last Friday and I finally sat down and fixed this thing! I've also added a few new features.

Please donate a couple of euros and help keep the updates coming (so I won't be so slow in future) ;).

I am testing it at the minute and will be putting it up on this website for download later in the week:

http://meteorjsms.googlepages.com/

Please note you will need the latest version of Java installed on your computer first. Get that here.

P.S. Anyone on the mailing list will get a mail when I put it up there.

Cheers,
    Finbarr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Nice1

Just installed it, works very well. Just a couple of thoughts. It would be nice if it could download your address book from Meteor.ie. How would you handle groups like it does on the meteor.ie. Thats a handy feature.

Still thanks for that. It annoying that Meteor doesn't allows webtxt outside of Ireland. Thats a PITA. Was handy to webtxt my mates in the UK. Mind you the O2 webtext was unsuable a lot of the time, because the site was so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

This is a nice prigram but sadly im with vodafone... I have found another program that works for all 4 networks in ireland here
    Ive been using it for a few weeks now and it seems pretty good

ab_cork wrote:
    This is a nice prigram but sadly im with vodafone... I have found another program that works for all 4 networks in ireland here
    Ive been using it for a few weeks now and it seems pretty good

Is it fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Is it fast?

For sending messages?? Ya its fast, about the same time a phone takes to send a message.. and it comes as a standalone exe or as an install exe... you can have different profiles to choose from like you could have a login for each of the networks and choose which one to use... you can store numbers too obviously.

Its pretty good.

fbradyirl wrote:

The download is now available on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Would you be interested in getting this hooked up wth AFT? adding Vodafone/o2 support would be as easy as visiting one URL then, my msn address is donut (at) donutsoft (do.t) net

Please add me and we can speak further :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nice program mate, I like the faxt that it supports Mac. Been meaning to try putting MT into Java myself (or something else which works on a MAC) as that's what I'm doing in college.

• Advertisement

donutface wrote:
    Would you be interested in getting this hooked up wth AFT? adding Vodafone/o2 support would be as easy as visiting one URL then, my msn address is donut (at) donutsoft (do.t) net

Please add me and we can speak further :)

What's AFT? I don't think I would have time to start supporting Vodafone and O2 (maybe if I was getting paid I might consider it). The source code is there for anyone who wants to give it a lash.

ciaranfo wrote:
    Nice program mate, I like the faxt that it supports Mac. Been meaning to try putting MT into Java myself (or something else which works on a MAC) as that's what I'm doing in college.

No probs yeah it suits me caus I use a Mac at home and a PC & Solaris at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

@fbradyirl
    PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM ASAP!

Version 2.0.2 now available with bug fixes...

http://meteorjsms.googlepages.com/home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yman

You might be better off at scraping your own meteor screnscraping code and utilise donut's API... This way you don't need to maintain the codebase if meteor change their site Let donut do it!

Here's a wiki on the send msg api:
    http://sms.donutsoft.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=AFT.SendingAMessage

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Maybe not scrap his meteor code, but o2/vodafone would be very simple to implement
    Simply make the program visit
    http://sms.donutsoft.net/sendsms.aspx?s=o&u=username&p=password&d=0851234567&m=hello there!

for o2

or
    http://sms.donutsoft.net/sendsms.aspx?s=v&u=username&p=password&d=0851234567&m=hello there!

(note s=v compared to s=o for o2/vodafone respectively).

Would take you 5 minutes to write the code ;)

thats really cool actually lads. Yeah ill have a look at this when I get time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Not working for me for some reason. I'm running ubuntu with all the java updates. It constantly prompts for mobile number and password and even though both are entered correctly it doesnt get any further...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

fbradyirl wrote:
    What's AFT? I don't think I would have time to start supporting Vodafone and O2 (maybe if I was getting paid I might consider it). The source code is there for anyone who wants to give it a lash.
    Aft: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054999786

Handy out, costs very little on o2.

• Advertisement

A friend tried it with a Meteor phone but thats an 087 number and it didn't work for him.

Advertisement