Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSMS - desktop app to use your free text message allocation (multi-operator)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

fletch wrote:
    Its askin for my 4-digit pin but i've changed mine for a 5-digit pin?
    I've a 5 digit pin too. Enter any 4 digit number to get past the first login. Close the app then open MeteorLogin.txt and edit the pin and save there. It logs in automatically each time after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

bk wrote:
    One that will work with O2, Vodafone and Meteor here:
    http://www.mackers.com/projects/o2sms/

Written in Perl, will run on Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc.

I wrote one in Java in the past for all the sites, but it needs to be updated, if I get some time I'll dig it up and update it.
    Tried it on Vodafone. Doesn't work and you have to enter your login details each time you open it.
    The OPs one looks nice and the syncronize phonebook and message counter features are handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I will have a go at making this work for O2. Since O2 changed their site, I dont think O2 SMS will work anymore unless someone has updated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

kaizersoze wrote:
    Here:
    http://finbarr.brady.googlepages.com/src.zip
    Excellent idea and a nice little app.
    Could someone that knows what they're doing do a Vodafone one?:o

thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

fletch wrote:
    Its askin for my 4-digit pin but i've changed mine for a 5-digit pin?
    Oops yes sorry guys I didn't realise a PIN could be anything other than 4 digits. I have fixed this now. Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

kaizersoze wrote:
    Tried it on Vodafone. Doesn't work and you have to enter your login details each time you open it.
    The OPs one looks nice and the syncronize phonebook and message counter features are handy.

Works great in Linux from the command line. Haven't tried the windows version.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Rogue-entity,
    The o2sms would have some code you can re-use. He has already done it for o2 and the source is available. He does have a GUI but it is very (too) simple.

http://mackers.com/projects/o2sms/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Excellent programme OP. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Does it have a back door to send you all our numbers and pin codes;) ?

Does it have a back door to send you all our numbers and pin codes;) ?
    The source code is there for you to see:
    http://finbarr.brady.googlepages.com/src.zip

If you don't like my exe you can build your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

It just keeps asking me for my number and pin ???

^whitey^ wrote:
    It just keeps asking me for my number and pin ???
    Download again should work this time. The login text file was missing with your download (jar file).

Nope just keeps asking this would be very handy

^whitey^ wrote:
    Nope just keeps asking this would be very handy
    Can you tell me:
    1. What OS are you running?
    2. What is the name of the file you are running?
    3. What other files are in this directory?

1. 2000 Pro
    2,3. Attached is a screen with the file im running highlighted

^whitey^ wrote:
    1. 2000 Pro
    2,3. Attached is a screen with the file im running highlighted
    Yes that looks ok. Strange. If you open the file MeteorLogin.txt and type in your phone number and password like so then it should work when you re-launch:

Nope didnt work lol, dont worry probably just Java acting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Thanks very much, very useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

That's so handy. Really appreciate it. Fair play for sharing it with us.

The latest version includes some bug fixes... It's available now on my website...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

we've had this conversation many times on this board. only certain customers have 30 messages, the people who have free texts for life for example. if you don't have the free texts and don't mind switching to the new leisure time plus or anytime plus tariffs then ring them up and you'll get 300

nice app by the way. thanks
    On a note about this, I have the free txts for life.. and about a months ago i noticed i have have 300 free txts a month? did they change this for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Great little app, thanks for sharing it. Although I can't seem to change my PIN on the Meteor web site. It appears to be stuck on the old one. When I change it I can't log in with the new one only the old one. This could be problem with the Meteor site, but I did change it successfully before....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misho

is there any chance to add an option to minimize to system tray?

Oracle wrote:
    Great little app, thanks for sharing it. Although I can't seem to change my PIN on the Meteor web site. It appears to be stuck on the old one. When I change it I can't log in with the new one only the old one. This could be problem with the Meteor site, but I did change it successfully before....

You can manually update the pin the program uses by opening MeteorLogin.txt file.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Lenny wrote:
    On a note about this, I have the free txts for life.. and about a months ago i noticed i have have 300 free txts a month? did they change this for all?

Yeah they gave folks on free texts for life the 300 webtexts too, well I got em now anyways, very handy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thoguth they did, taut it was very unfair people having free txts till 2008 and 300 web txts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks fbradyirl, for letting me know about the text file. The problem was the Meteor site; it must take a while to update the password, my new password, changed on My Meteor works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭poops66

Very nice. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Lenny wrote:
    Yeh i got em too....well pleased i was....cool app by the way...using it all the time now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Looks like something may have changed on the meteor website. I got a connection error from the app this morning and when I went to log into the Meteor website, firefox asked me accept a new certificate for the mymeteor site.

Anyone else seeing this?

C

Advertisement