Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts About Israel and Palestine

Options
  • 30-05-2006 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

1. Did you know that non-Jewish Israelis cannot buy or
    lease land in Israel? A Jew from any country in the world is guaranteed citizenship in Israel, while the Palestinians who have been there for centuries are oppressed and persecuted.

2. Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2), Palestinian license plates in Israel are color coded to distinguish Jews from non-Jews?

3. Did you know that East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan Heights are all considered by the entire world community, including the United States and the United Nations, to be occupied territory and NOT part of the State of Israel?

4. Did you know that Israel allots 85% of the water resources for Jews, and the remaining 15% is divided among all Palestinians in the territories? For example in Hebron, 85% of the water is set aside for about 400 Jewish settlers, while the remaining 15% is distributed among Hebron's 120, 000 Palestinians?

5. Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid each year from American tax dollars?

6. Did you know that US aid to Israel ($3.0 billion annually) exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and to buy arms made in Israel.

7. Did you know that Israel is awaiting an additional $4 billion worth of American military hardware, including new F-16s and Apache and Blackhawk helicopters. As Israel's main ally and supporter internationally, the United States is committed to maintaining the Jewish state's "qualitative edge" in weapons over its neighbors.

8. Did you know that the U.S. administration has notified Congress on numerous occasions that Israel has violated the rules on how US-supplied weapons are used? (In 1978, 1979 and 1982 during fighting in Lebanon, and once after Israel's bombing of an Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981.)

9. Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East that refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections from its sites?

10. Did you know that high-ranking military officers in the Israeli Defense Forces have admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war have been summarily executed by the Israeli forces?

11. Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did nothing about it?

12. Did you know that Israel stands in defiance of 69 United Nations Security Council Resolutions?

13. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of maintaining a distinct Jewish character?

14. Did you know that Israel's current Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?

15. Did you know that on May 20, 1990, a group of unarmed Palestinian laborers were lined up and murdered by an Israeli solider as they sat waiting for transportation back to Gaza? The terrified laborers who gathered in an area of southern Israel known as Rishon Lezion (known to Palestinians by its Arabic name Oyon Qara) handed their ID cards to the Israeli soldier. The soldiers ordered the distressed laborers to kneel down and face the ground and unexpectedly showered them with a barrage of bullets, killing seven and wounding many others. Needless to say, the soldier was not charged with any crime.

16. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?

17. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the American public?

18. Did you know that Sharon's coalition government includes a party--Molodet--which advocates ethnic cleansing by openly calling for the forced expulsion of all Palestinians from the occupied territories?

19. Did you know that recently-declassified documents indicate that David Ben-Gurion approved of the forced expulsion of Arabs from all Palestininan territory in 1948?

20. Did you know that the former chief rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia Yossef, who is also a founder and spiritual leader of the religious Shas party (Israel's third largest political party) openly advocates a 'Final Solution' to annihilate the Palestinians? Speaking at the widely broadcast sermon marking the last Passover, he declared of the Palestinians: "The Lord shall return their deeds on their own heads, waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them from this world. It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable."

21. Did you know that Palestinian refugees make up the largest portion of the refugee population in the world?

22. Did you know that Palestinian Christians are considered the "living stones" of Christianity because they are the direct descendants of the disciples of Jesus Christ? And the Palestinian Christians stand united with their Muslim brethren in the struggle against the Israeli occupation.

23. Did you know that despite a ban on torture by Israel's High Court of Justice, torture has continued unabated by Shin Bet interrogators on Palestinian prisoners?

24. Did you know that despite every Israeli attempt to disrupt Palestinian education, Palestinians have the highest ratio of PhDs per capita in the world?

25. Did you know that the right of self-determination is guaranteed to every human being under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights [December, 1948], yet Palestinians were/are expected to negotiate for this right under the Oslo Accords?

26. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war, it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive strike?

27. Did you know that, as an occupying power, Israel has a particular responsibility under the Geneva Conventions to protect Palestinian civilians?

28. Did you know that, despite Ariel Sharon's public call for a unilateral ceasefire, Israeli soldiers have not stopped shooting, killing or bulldozing Palestinian homes? The most recent example of this is the murder of three innocent women who were shot by an Israeli tank as they sat in their tent!

29. Did you know that the Zionists have been trying to destroy Masjid al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock for the last 50 years by digging underground tunnels beneath the sites to weaken its foundation causing it to collapse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Did you know Fact 5 and 6 contradict each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

No there is different types of aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Do you know that there are several hundred million people in the world whose religion commands them to destroy Isreal and everyone in it?

And there are plenty of them who'd kill themselves to bring it about?

That's gas.

Did you know this thread belongs on Politics?

Do you know the whole world think Hamas are terrorists, except for the millions of Palestinians who want to be governed by them?

Oh,
    14. Did you know that Israel's current Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?

He's not the prime minister anymore!!

Where, exactly, have you cut and pasted this from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Sajan wrote:
    ha ha good one spotted that one too

do i sense a bit of anti jew/israel sentitment???

Do you know that there are several hundred million people in the world whose religion commands them to destroy Isreal and everyone in it?

And there are plenty of them who'd kill themselves to bring it about?

That's gas.

What religions against them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Well... Fact 5 and 6 still cotradict themselves..

And they still elected terrorists and deserve just about everything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sajan wrote:
    you beat me to it.

what i want to know is, if i convert to judaism, can i buy land in israel and become an israeli citizen?

• Advertisement

correct me if im wrong but there are no facts in there about palestine only about what was done against them,what about suicide bombers etc

Im on the fence on this one so dont go jumping down my throat or pushing your views on us give an equal account for both sides

what was is that jews said after WW2 something to the tune of "never again will the jews be threated like this"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

So you just paste random "facts", with no discussion, not suited to this forum?

cool!

Did you know this thread belongs on Politics?

Do you know the whole world think Hamas are terrorists, except for the millions of Palestinians who want to be governed by them?

israel made Hamas terrorist by occupying Palestine. In jerusalem there was 94% Arabic/Muslim and now there is only 4%. Israel removed them by force. What would you call Israel then?
    so fighting against occupation is illegal?? What would you call IRA?? There was no IRA before Englands occupation of IReland was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

ha ha good one spotted that one too

do i sense a bit of anti jew/israel sentitment???

hahaha, anti-semetic. Im suprised how long it took you to post that. He's stating fact, how can it be anti-semetic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

did you know that i can't find any of your so called facts in reliable sources on or off the web?
    have you been in israel? have you ever been scared to death by a noise a car made because a bomb exploded just a few kilometres away from where you were on the same day?
    have you ever spoken to somebody who had to leave his home country and had no other choice than to move to israel as this person otherwise would have not been able to have a peaceful life (this person being jewish and his home country being considered "civilized").
    have you ever talked to somebody who was born in israel and is constantly pressured into defending his home country?

i find this thread rather weird, not very thought thru and surely not very close to reality.
    I also wonder, dear OP, where you are from and whether you ever travelled somewhere outside ireland, for this might have broadened your horizon and taught you that the world is not only black and white...

I'm sorry this deserves a rant...

29. Did you know that the Zionists have been trying to destroy Masjid al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock for the last 50 years by digging underground tunnels beneath the sites to weaken its foundation causing it to collapse?

50 years, eh? Are they using Worms? Spoons, perhaps. Maybe that's just ****e you're talking there.

Lets have another one:
    2. Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2), Palestinian license plates in Israel are color coded to distinguish Jews from non-Jews?

That's because the licence plates in the Palestinian authority zone are different to Israeli ones, like the ones in the north are differnt to ours.

Next:
    Let's take these ones together:
    5. Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid each year from American tax dollars?

6. Did you know that US aid to Israel ($3.0 billion annually) exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and to buy arms made in Israel.

7. Did you know that Israel is awaiting an additional $4 billion worth of American military hardware, including new F-16s and Apache and Blackhawk helicopters. As Israel's main ally and supporter internationally, the United States is committed to maintaining the Jewish state's "qualitative edge" in weapons over its neighbors.

Roughly the same that the USA gets from Saudi, Kewait, Jordan (yep!), Turkey, Egypt, Oman, Quatar, Sudan and, funnily enough, the Palestinian Authority, who also get a huge amount of money from the EU, which Yasser hid away in Swizerland.

heigh ho, on we go:
    11. Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did nothing about it?

This is most interesting. When and where did this happen? Please quote your source.

Next, like this one:
    13. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of maintaining a distinct Jewish character?

Did you know that our constitution does the same for Irish and the Irish culture!!!!! AGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Onwards:
    16. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?

as recently as the 70's and into the 90's employers could also restrict jobs in Ireland on basis of gender, race and religon!!!!
    "The Lord shall return their deeds on their own heads, waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them from this world. It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable."

and that Palestinians and the president of Iran says the same about Isreal, and he's building nukes!!!
    17. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the American public?

And Fianna Fail and Fine Geal use american PR companies as well!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!!
    26. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war, it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive strike?

This is a classic one, its not only a lie, but ALL THE HISTORY BOOKS ARE WRONG!!! so there's no point in going to history books and records to disprove it, as they're all lying!!!

As for the rest of the points, some I dont know about and cannot comment. O

One thing I will say, though, is this and I hope that you get this far, it's important:

I do not support the occupation by Isreal of Palestinian land, Isreal should go back to the pre-1967 boarders, there is no right to be beyond them. Also, the wall is a discracefull infliction on the human rights of the palestinians.

However, you are not helping the cause of the palestinians and you are not helping to resolve a complex and emotional issue by posting tripe like this anywhere.

did you know that i can't find any of your so called facts in reliable sources on or off the web?
    have you been in israel? have you ever been scared to death by a noise a car made because a bomb exploded just a few kilometres away from where you were on the same day?
    have you ever spoken to somebody who had to leave his home country and had no other choice than to move to israel as this person otherwise would have not been able to have a peaceful life (this person being jewish and his home country being considered "civilized").
    have you ever talked to somebody who was born in israel and is constantly pressured into defending his home country?

i find this thread rather weird, not very thought thru and surely not very close to reality.
    I also wonder, dear OP, where you are from and whether you ever travelled somewhere outside ireland, for this might have broadened your horizon and taught you that the world is not only black and white...

YEs exactly i dont be at home looking at propaganda on the news. I travel i meet people.

Yook wrote:
    hahaha, anti-semetic. Im suprised how long it took you to post that. He's stating fact, how can it be anti-semetic?
    im not disputing weater the are fact or not just because its all one sided argument from where he is coming from there is no balance,i mean palestine has its bad boys too

as i said in another post im on the fence as i only know what various media have reported of attacks and the like and the retailation of both sides,

Squaddy wrote:
    israel made Hamas terrorist by occupying Palestine.

Yeah, they made them out of sausage meat and magic márla. The Palestinians who volunteer to go on missions to blow up women and children are entirely innocent.
    Squaddy wrote:
    so fighting against occupation is illegal?? What would you call IRA?? There was no IRA before Englands occupation of IReland was there?

Ummmmmmm, the IRA are terrorists. That whole beating fellows to death in pubs, killing Gardai, bank robberies etc. etc. pass you by or were they part of some glorious fight for freedom?

• Advertisement

Squaddy wrote:
    YEs exactly i dont be at home looking at propaganda on the news. I travel i meet people.
    as soon as that word is used its enough there is no debating anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think the whole Isreal/Palestine thing is stupid.
    Why does a country only have to have one religion?

Giblet wrote:

Plagiarism is bad, plagiarism from a site called 'proIslam.com' under the guise of an innocent post worse again. This is just spamming and stirring.

It is, but I thought I'd let him duke it out for a while.

I've banned someone today for a similar offence.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." - Joseph Goebbels, German Minister of Propaganda

that's from your sig. If you're putting that up as a warning to others not to be decived by what Goebbles describes perhaps you should look again at some of the facts you've posted above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anti-semite!

that's from your sig. If you're putting that up as a warning to others not to be decived by what Goebbles describes perhaps you should look again at some of the facts you've posted above.
    jesus never read his sig he is not anti semite he's a friggin NAZI

I've banned someone today for a similar offence.

yeah, thanks for that :D:D:D

timmyshot3we.gif

Gobbles?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

you travel, you meet people? clearly you have never been to israel, yet you take the right to comment on it in a way which is (i repeat this here) not very clever, not very close to reality and taken from a source which has clearly no interest in leading an open and honest discussion.

the fact that in your signature you are quoting some of the biggest idiots and sadists in the world's history speaks for itself...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement