Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you rap? let the people decide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Nice, is that all true, pretty sad stuff if it is!

Most of the dodgy rhyme writers posting here should have a look at this. Its a simple rhyme but its natural and it means something. It's not trying to be a gangsta on the one hand, but not claiming to be an overcomplicated underground job either.

Good work, i liked it alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Nice, is that all true, pretty sad stuff if it is!

Yeah, it's all true. Kinda weird because i never got to meet the guy that saved me, but ever since i've been old enough to figure out what had happened and what it all meant i have done my best to look out for his family because i kinda feel like i owe him.

Like i said before i posted that ryhme, just take stuff from your own life and write about it, you'd maybe be suprised as to what you have in your experiences that other people will connect with.

I've actually decided to use that as the first verse to a new tune a friend of mine has been working on...not sure where i'm gonna take the song because that part of the story is told....maybe burn off on how God was pissed at him for interfering , so killed him or something....not too sure.

Cheers for the kind words as well man, i don't often post my stuff.... not too sure why tbh but it's nice to hear it doesn't suck i suppose!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 barge

i deal drugs,carry guns,we the ones that burgle pubs,up in a club lashing back the dutch,dancing like im missing a crutch,up in church to get drunk and fed,wine and bread then home to bed,on the mend ive just conquered sickness,my illness was syphliss from illicit kisses from filthy bitches which in turn infected my mistress,my itch makes me twitch and sratch till its scab im in drag killing rap,im not black im milky ,bullies digged me and left bruises,im rich as sin there drug users,i abuse loosers,take not and watch me get as high as them clouds that float,im dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

barge wrote:
    i deal drugs,carry guns,we the ones that burgle pubs,up in a club lashing back the dutch,dancing like im missing a crutch,up in church to get drunk and fed,wine and bread then home to bed,on the mend ive just conquered sickness,my illness was syphliss from illicit kisses from filthy bitches which in turn infected my mistress,my itch makes me twitch and sratch till its scab im in drag killing rap,im not black im milky ,bullies digged me and left bruises,im rich as sin there drug users,i abuse loosers,take not and watch me get as high as them clouds that float,im dope.

My you do sound like quite an unsavoury character:rolleyes:

barge wrote:

you forgot,

" i pay for my broadband net by cashing dole checks. I'm so hard i'm stiff and can't move my head at the neck. I have 18 guns but not one round of ammo, and my caps on backwards and my combats are camo. I take my inspirations my these things i've never seen, and justify it all by being a gangsta in my dreams. Now don't hate on me dawg, i'm just reaching for my wishes.....excuse me though, i gots to go help my moms do the dishes!"

thats some hardcore sh1t yo, you is gangster hommie.....get on with your bad self! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That last line is so bitten from my hardk0re rap and just reworked.

stealing mo peds from your residence,no evidence cept the butt of someone elses cigarrete,head from your relatives irrelevant,i need medicine lets hit the chemists then,trip makin my head spin like the bitches from the exorcists,gettin pissed off by your comments cos im common and i bet you shop in brown thomas,hate rich teens lookin down there nose im not on the dole im 19 work and pay for this on my own,i roll on occasion to animate my imagination,patiently waitin for the day something special inside me awakens that will make me the greatest.

socially inept,seeking respect,having sex with my therapist,scitzophrenic yes,testicles bigger than a pregnant bitches chest,luckless no success awkardly acknoledging adolesence ending.spending my days in a daze hopin failure washes away like the rain did our names on that wall we sprayed back in the day,i fail tasks like you fail at rap,pick at u fags like an irritating scab,laughin at lads usin big words that they dont know the meaning of,there as soft as the bottom of a one year old,i flow complicated if i wanna impress,well theres that but i can also undress,mind oppressed im depressed and weed tightens my chest,if im left to my own devices i hang around public toilets giving hidings hurray for violence hearin sirens,this ****s priceless,twice this has been written but never spoken,vegatarians chokin on meat bones while smokin,im explosive,aggresive throwing stones at pebbles a rebel contradicting the devil,my level of elevation got my pay cheque stating i paid to be caught on tape fainting.......

Makaveli wrote:
    you write sumtin so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If he bit my line that would imply that I already did write something.

• Advertisement

barge wrote:
    patiently waitin for the day something special inside me awakens that will make me the greatest.

that pretty much sums it up alright.

I imagine, in your own head you are making a statement, but your verse says nothing to me to be honest.

Basically what your saying is " I'm a young guy, who occasionally might engage in some criminal activities to feel hard and i like a joint now and then."

That's it?

Makaveli wrote:
    If he bit my line that would imply that I already did write something.

Who bit your line?

lets all write about our lifestyles to be criticised by this bitch in denial,you take time to rhyme actin like you never done lines,is it a crime to be tongue in cheek?well then lock me the **** up and throw away the key,he can read minds well he read mine,il show you petty crime and watch you die inside,commenting snide thinkin im some little kid,well that would work to your benefit,,patronising me like im some bitch,which way do you want to respond so i can lyrically assault accept your applause and finish off your downfall.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Wow, just found my..ahem..writings from a good while back. By the looks of it it's fairly alcohol or drug in-fueled, so don't judge too harshly..:o

Do your worst Makaveli! :p

sorry king dragan

Makaveli wrote:
    ok ya muppet

duckcooker34@hotmail.com,get in contact if you live in dublin,i starting a crew,any1 interested leave a msge sick of posting lyrics i want 2 spit,any skill level,im 19

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

barge cut out the personal abuse, there's no need for it.

David19 wrote:
    barge cut out the personal abuse, there's no need for it.

Yeah , but that makes him street you see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am ashamed to say I like hip hop music when there are people like Barge around...

Pasty white boys thinking there ghetto cos they smoke spliffs and drink tins. Big ****ing wow.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    I am ashamed to say I like hip hop music when there are people like Barge around...

Pasty white boys thinking there ghetto cos they smoke spliffs and drink tins. Big ****ing wow.
    why would i think im ghetto,never said that once,im from a council estate in dublin,the **** i sed happens in dublin everyday,not 1 thing i say does not happen..in future il rap about sunsets,moonlight and teddybears,awww is'nt dat cute>

barge wrote:
    why would i think im ghetto,never said that once,im from a council estate in dublin,the **** i sed happens in dublin everyday,not 1 thing i say does not happen..in future il rap about sunsets,moonlight and teddybears,awww is'nt dat cute>

Indeed it does, but do you do it? And if so , is that the most interesting thing that you do all day, and is that the best way you can express it?

Rap is not about being a criminal, or a thug... it's about telling your story in a way that is interesting and relevant to the people who want to listen.

If you really do all the stuff you do then well done, your a low life thug with no future who will most likely die young. THATS REALITY. Rappers who rap about crime and idolise it, whether they have been involved or not, are not people to be looked up to. Not only that but it's a subject matter than has been done to death and is rarely is ever described in an original way.

Your taking the fact that people don't like your stuff as a personal attack, when what you should be saying is, these guys are not liking my stuff, why?

Artists question themsevles and always try and grow. Do you really think the first song Jon Lennon wrote was "Imagine"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

^^^^^^^
    Post of the year

i find a seat thats not ripped to pieces,throw away my ticket cos i no longer need it,the sleep i dream of remains ever distant,cant knock off cant help but listen to the sound of a pre pubescent injecting,traffics congested,she looks breathless,helpless to impending addiction,smacks inflicted as her mate figits with a bus ticket,my seats being kicked ever since i picked it to sit in,a young mother that cant control her children,they need ritalin or some **** to chill them,like she gets chilled by filling skins and licking em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Beefeater

just wrote this there messing about,quickly no time to improve it. think of it loopin with blackstars brown skin lady, thats what i was singing to myself. Feedback welcome, especially MODS:

YO! If i was a casualty of MTV- I'd be a casualty to ADD- my complexities compacted to a state of normality- memory like a goldfish,not like those Duracell batteries- These corporations casually conduct our minds into a state of brain freeze - They have you played like a Jackass, got me wondering "Is this the US Goverment?"- 'More or Less' you've been Punk'd into how your creativity should be spent - U wanna Pimp My Ride, well i'd rather you Pimped My Brain- Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding have much more value than rims and chains- Oh!, and isnt it a shame you got that luxury car for your Sweet 16th- Too bad most kids in the world can't even conjure these images in their dreams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 djeoinc

nobody can out wit or out express this rhyme feast
    because I don’t care what people say on this thread

high is the words I describe when I speak the word
    the music I love dearly really peppers my taste buds

so if I can make up some thing on the spot that sound hot
    I believe I m not who I used to be and im not going to

boast about the most I have I don’t do greed its not really about
    talking s-so obscure is my path that I take as I hide behind the clouds

as the sun begins to bake my pale white skin and im drowned in sin
    in the depths of the dungeons of what dwells with in

in the belly of the beast my action and thoughts are unleashed
    I may hit the roof in the morning but the days are still burning

more of a poem than a rhyme that I preach if you want to learn
    from me I shall teach I shall teach and totally reach

my ****ing goal for world domination cause your own tail yell be chasing
    while I stay stern to my station

implant words in your head implant words in your head
    putt ideas to the paper and the paper to the pen
    it doesnt really matter if it was now and then
    events through out history are just happenin again
    you have to read between the blured lines cause no one
    can denie that we are living in burning times
    pychological warfare out side our front door
    memories arased a way from which used to be stored
    put ideas in your head put ideas in your head

never dreamed id grow up in a world like this
    i dont know were its going i dont know when will end
    as i stand at the cross roads i see no amends
    2000 years of blood shed seen through a generation of eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

I'll ignite like the human torch/get sweat drippin from ya pores//
    Leave yours ears soar/not knowin what came out these vocal chords//
    You'll think im Mr.T the way i pity that fool//
    He's so nervous instead of sweat patches he's got swimmin pools//
    Cause physical stillness severe mental illness//
    Your so fake make me wanna try feel it//
    Words echo in your mind/you gotta let go bob your head its fine//
    It's not as bad as half sh*t you do in your spare time//
    Im oil of olay gonna spoil your day//
    On fire so i'll leave you boiled and played//
    Im god appolo and if ya wanna follow//
    Your suckin me dry like a water bottle//
    Man your rhymes are a wild miss you couldnt style this//
    Even when u piss you miss man thats just childish//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Beefeater

Anybody(mods where r ye?) wanna give me some feedback on my rhyme a little up the page?

• Advertisement

ye that ryhme was smooth wity and to the point exactly whats goin on in the world 2 day nice one keep up the good work

Advertisement