Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers night CANCELLED - Letterkenny -Friday 17th November.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    Apologies, but I meant smashey:D

P.:cool:
    Im lost :eek: Smashey didnt do that much????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    Im lost :eek: Smashey didnt do that much????

You seconded his suggested date, and smashey did the real work, sorry if this dents your ego!.

At this rate I will have to go myself, just to make up the numbers ;) .Provided someone offers me a lift there and back to Ballybofey ?.. safely.

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i knew that pic would come back to haunt me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

We had 19 votes on the poll and so far we have only three definites. Are ye all talk and no action? Prove me wrong. Go on, I dare you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

I shall not be at the boards event in letterkenny even tought it is in the same location I am im, purely because from your posts on boards and especially from paddy20, I wouldnt want to come within 50 metres of you, if this has in any way offended you I dont actually care, ask paddy20 to make a thread on hurting peoples feelings in the north west.

yours sincerely,

Jimmeh!

P.S this board needs some serious looking at.

• Advertisement

jimmeh wrote:
    I shall not be at the boards event in letterkenny even tought it is in the same location I am im, purely because from your posts on boards and especially from paddy20, I wouldnt want to come within 50 metres of you, if this has in any way offended you I dont actually care, ask paddy20 to make a thread on hurting peoples feelings in the north west.

yours sincerely,

Jimmeh!

Aye, and throw the toys out of the pram while you're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

jimmeh wrote:
    I wouldnt want to come within 50 metres of you, if this has in any way offended you I dont actually care, ask paddy20 to make a thread on hurting peoples feelings in the north west.

yours sincerely,

Jimmeh!

Jimmeh,

Seems to me that it is you who should start a Thread: 'On hurting people's feelings in the North West' Whatever, you mean by that :confused: .

P. :cool:

P.

jimmeh wrote:

yours sincerely,

Jimmeh!

Going by the time of posting I take it our Jimmeh has just returned from the pub and is in an emotional state.

Do you need a big group cuddle Jimmeh?

Just for the record who are you referring to in that post - smashey, Paddy20, me , everyone?

muffler wrote:
    Going by the time of posting I take it our Jimmeh has just returned from the pub and is in an emotional state.

Do you need a big group cuddle Jimmeh?

Just for the record who are you referring to in that post - smashey, Paddy20, me , everyone?

He needs his nappy changed.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jeez, it's only a few beers!

G'wan, ya know you wanna! :D

• Advertisement

byte wrote:
    Jeez, it's only a few beers!
    Or maybe vodka ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, I'll try and get there as I said.

I'll also pass the word onto some of our less frequent Buncrana posters, see if I can't rally some troops ;)

Just to reclarify - it's Friday 17th November in Letterkenny, right? (should maybe change the thread title?). Any ideas of a venue yet?

byte

muffler wrote:
    Or maybe vodka ;)
    Well, whatever tickles your fancy! :)

Goodshape, yes it's scheduled for Friday 17th, in Letterkenny.

Maybe a mod should do as Goodshape suggests, and change the thread title to reflect the finalised date and location. Or perhaps a new thread.

Good idea so the thread title has now been adjusted. I will tweak it another little bit if required when smashey gets a venue

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm afraid it clashes with the main beers in Dublin, which I will be attending. Have fun.

I'm afraid it clashes with the main beers in Dublin, which I will be attending. Have fun.
    You think of us and we will be thinking of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

well i am hoping that you all have a good night.

unless something drastically changes in my life, P45 etc I will not be able to attend, but i take it there will be loads of photo's and feedback.

Muffler, you gonna go

nanook wrote:
    well i am hoping that you all have a good night.

unless something drastically changes in my life, P45 etc I will not be able to attend, but i take it there will be loads of photo's and feedback.

Muffler, you gonna go
    I'll be the one behind the camera :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Im not much of a poster here(more of a lurker) but I make attempt to make an apperance...depending on the venue of course :D

b0bsquish wrote:
    Im not much of a poster here(more of a lurker) but I make attempt to make an apperance...depending on the venue of course :D
    It would probably be easier for you to list the places you are not BANNED from and then we can work around it :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

haha well actually thats the reason I voted letterkenny, Im not banned from anywhere in it...on a completely different note, just as long as its not the carvern ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

muffler wrote:
    You think of us and we will be thinking of you :)
    Sure I'm always thinking of the fine people of the North West.

Byte & Muffler. Do you know of any pub in Letterkenny that could accommodate all three of us? :D

Preferably one far away from Jimmeh as I don't want to listen to him snivelling.

byte

Only 3 of us? :(

Hmm, I'll run off a few pubs
    Gallaghers Hotel
    McGinleys
    The Cottage
    Central
    The Cavern
    The Casbah \m/ :)
    Josies
    Wolfe Tone
    Encore Ramada

There's loads out there, but it's late and my brain is a bit slow at the moment :)

Are you sure they could fit us all in? What about The Orchard? I quite like McGinleys but I don't think i've been in the Casbah.

byte

Not sure if they can fit us all in or not! :p

The Orchard would be another contender yes. Probably mobbed on a Friday night though. Then again, most places will be busy on Friday night.

Casbah is the pub you've to go down stairs to. Tis a rock bar.

Aside from that, surely there must be more than THREE people willing to go?

Here's the state of play which makes depressing reading:

Smashey – Yes

Byte – Yes

Muffler – Yes

Goodshape – “I'll try and get there”

Retalivity – “Im only a maybe”

Paddy20 – Provided someone offers me a lift there and back to Ballybofey ?.. safely.

jimmeh– “I shall not be at the boards event…….. because from your posts on boards and especially from paddy20, I wouldnt want to come within 50 metres of you”

b0bsquish - “make an attempt to make appearance….depending on the venue of course”

jimmeh wrote:

yours sincerely,

Jimmeh!

Jimmeh, having thrown your little tantrum I give you 10 days to come back and explain to everyone who you were directing your comments at. I give you the opportunity but you failed to take.

Accordingly I am treating this as personal abuse so go off and have a holiday and take time to reflect.

Banned for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Hi folks wont make it either as I play in our local darts league on Fridays woulden't mind a night in Letterkenny as I have two sisters living up there, enjoy. Oh the last time I was up one of my sisters took me to the Casbah, good spot!

• Advertisement

Time please ladies and gentlemen........... now thats what we would have been expecting to hear somewhere in Letterkenny on November 17 but I think that is a call that we may not now hear at least as a group anyhow.

With only 3 definites I think it would be a complete waste of time (not to mention money:( ) to go ahead with a beers night. Its a shame that out of the 19 people who voted in the poll that we can only muster up 3 people for certain. I think we need to have at least 6 or 7 there to make any sort of a night of it.

Anyway I will leave the final call to smashey. I was talking to him yesterday and he is off the radar at the moment but I would expect him to back on air in the next day or two.

Advertisement