Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers night CANCELLED - Letterkenny -Friday 17th November.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy20 wrote:
    Would a poll, not help to resolve 'The location issue'. There appears to be a lot of support for the 'Beers night idea' ;) ,and as muffler suggested in relation to another posters concern about 'knuckledusters being needed' if it was held in Ballybofey?..

No one need worry about such things, as physical violence has never been my style :D .

P. :cool:

Thanks Paddy, good idea.

If possible, would one of our two moderators be so kind as to add a poll to this thread? I would like the following options.

1. Ballybofey
    2. Letterkenny
    3. Buncrana
    4. Pioneers FTW
    5. Atari Jaguar.

If not, I can start a new thread with the poll.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,872 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    If possible, would one of our two moderators be so kind as to add a poll to this thread?
    Your wish is my command :D

Poll added - bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

:D And what is wrong with Sligo!!!!

I'll be home this weekend.. you know what yer all selfish not thinking about me!:p

trilo wrote:
    :D And what is wrong with Sligo!!!!

I'll be home this weekend.. you know what yer all selfish not thinking about me!:p

Nothing selfish about us. :p

smashey wrote:
    Very good smashey, I say very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ok.....did i miss something?

atari jaguar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I moved to the West, no more NorthWest for a while but Sligo sounds good. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

retalivity wrote:
    ok.....did i miss something?

atari jaguar?
    It's the 'other' option.

See here : http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Atari_jaguar

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Although I've chosen Letterkenny, I could also make it for Donegal Town, as I've free accomodation not too far from it :D

Voted Letterkenny myself also. Was very suprised to see Buncrana getting so many (well, 3) votes. I'm from there so that would suit me grand obviously, but I'd sort of prefer to get out of the town for the night. More to do in Letterkenny I'm sure.

• Advertisement

I think we could let the poll run for another week or so otherwise we will still be deciding on a venue this time next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Thank heavens Paddy20's house has not received any votes so far , as I doubt it was included in 'Smasheys' oringinal list of locations, and I regard it as an insensitive attempt at humour by 'muffler' .

That I for one do not appreciate :( .

Paddy20 wrote:
    I regard it as an insensitive attempt at humour by 'muffler' .

That I for one do not appreciate :( .

Humour indeed Paddy. A thing you are obviously very sensitive to ;)

Right. It looks like Letterkenny it is then. The venue will be easily sorted. What we need now is a date. I propose Friday 17th November.

smashey wrote:
    What we need now is a date. I propose Friday 17th November.

Seconded

smashey wrote:
    Right. It looks like Letterkenny it is then. The venue will be easily sorted. What we need now is a date. I propose Friday 17th November.

Hmmm, ruddy Letterkenny EH :confused: maybe another 'DATE POLL' is needed, As you would never see me in the flesh on a Friday night in the big L ?.:(

Sorry Paddy, but democracy rules. When I started this thread, I suggested Ballybofey, but as we cover such a large area, it seems like Letterkenny is more convenient, especially for the people from Inishowen. As for the date, it took us four months to decide on a venue so I am trying to get the date sorted quickly.

smashey wrote:
    Sorry Paddy, but democracy rules. When I started this thread, I suggested Ballybofey, but as we cover such a large area, it seems like Letterkenny is more convenient, especially for the people from Inishowen. As for the date, it took us four months to decide on a venue so I am trying to get the date sorted quickly.

I do not blame you, and I do agree you have done your best :) Good luck .

byte

Hmm, While I would have preferred a Saturday, I guess Friday night may be less hectic than a Saturday night! :)

I have checked with my secretary, and I think I don't seem to have anything else planned for the 17 November! :D

I am sorry to see that people are not responding to smasheys suggesetion that the N.W. Forum members Beers night be held on Friday 17th November in Letterkenny. Even after it has been seconded by 'muffler'.

He has put a lot of work into this, and there are a lot of good people who are members well worth meeting.

Smasheys efforts deserve to be recognised and supported. Why not show Dublin that the N.W. members can also have a great Beers night.

So who is prepared to jump in, and post that they will be there,
    with camera in hand :) .

P. :cool: N.B., Byte has posted that he can make it while I was typing this post Good on ya Byte :).Lets hope you have set the ball rolling ?..

• Advertisement
    byte

Ah give them time. Some members are probably not online at the moment. It will probably take a few days for most members to respond.

[optomism] I expect to see about 20+ NW boardsters at the gig [/optomism] ;)

The next weekend would suit me better I think (24th/25th), although I'm not really guaranteed to be in Donegal very much at all in the next couple of months, so I'm not even sure about that date.

Will make an effort to get there though :)

The poll is now closed as the location of the watering hole has been decided.

Smashey could I make a suggestion. Just post up that its going to be on November 17th in Letterkenny and let it go at that. Venue will be posted up in a couple of days.

You could also bang off a PM to everyone who has posted a comment in this thread and that way theres no excuse for anyone not being aware of it.

Okay everybody. Friday 17th November is cast in stone. We will be meeting in Letterkenny at a venue I will divulge later. 8.00pm seems like a good time. We already have myself, muffler, and byte. Anybody else who will be attending, please let us know. Thank you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im only a maybe.....

i'm weighing up the importance of my anonymity

byte

retalivity wrote:
    Im only a maybe.....

i'm weighing up the importance of my anonymity
    Except you've already posted an image of yourself elsewhere on this forum! At least, I think you did! :)

The only thing we need to know is are you the one with the smile or the one with the sour apples in your mouth :D

Paddy20 wrote:
    Even after it has been seconded by 'muffler'.

He has put a lot of work into this, and there are a lot of good people who are members well worth meeting.

Thanks Paddy but I didnt really do that much :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    Thanks Paddy but I didnt really do that much :rolleyes:

Apologies, but I meant smashey:D

P.:cool:

Advertisement