Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X15 - "Maternity Leave" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

German? Wasn't there a german taking from the tailies on the first night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

..I suppose we'll eventually find out.

You think :rolleyes: ?

cos I reckon that Lost will end, or jump the shark, and leave many threads unresolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I know that it has been said in the US forum but it was something that I thought was very interesting indeedy.

The fact that the counter went all the way down in the last episode may have triggered an alarm in the 3rd Hatch(Claire's flashback) so the others had to evacuate in a hurry.That may explain the tipped over fridge(by grabbing the vaccine roughly it fell over)and the costumes and beards etc being left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

im...LOST wrote:
    The fact that the counter went all the way down in the last episode may have triggered an alarm in the 3rd Hatch(Claire's flashback) so the others had to evacuate in a hurry.That may explain the tipped over fridge(by grabbing the vaccine roughly it fell over)and the costumes and beards etc being left behind.
    See my post above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Definitely a great peisode. The second shaft was a good twist to the story. I'm kinda confused even more so about DHARMA. Why did they abandon this second shaft? And if they are in that shaft, why is Station 3 kept isolated from anyone else? Something fishy there.

I liked that we found Alex. It's a nice way to go with her Rosseau's stroy. I gave this ep a 10 for simply one of the best this series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

MeTV wrote:
    See my post above ;)
    Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

again though.. we only get to see half the story... the door that they entered by was covered by greenery.. obviously to initially disguise it...

.. the swan station has two doors, the hatch and the other door as it were..

so does the new one have two? if so it would explain why first door is still 'hidden'.. meaning that if the 'others' were in a rush to 'escape'.. why bother hiding the door again.. simply use the other door.. so why did the girlies not do more exploring?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

im...LOST wrote:
    That may explain the tipped over fridge(by grabbing the vaccine roughly it fell over)and the costumes and beards etc being left behind.

I don't mean to be pedantic, or overly specific, but;

Did you see the effort if took Kate & Claire to lift the 'fridge'. I would imagine it would have required a great deal of force to knock it over. Also it was lying with the closed door facing down, and was completely empty, so did it only fall when they had it completely emptied and the door closed?

It seems to me that this was a deliberate 'tease'. Building up Claires hopes, and then watching her reaction when they put the fridge upright only to find all her efforts finding the hatch and opening the firdge were in vain....

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I liked that we found Alex.
    Or are we just being led to assume it was Alex? ;) Nobody mentions her name at any stage, all we have to go on is Danielle's reaction to Claire's very vague description of her. Danielle hasn't seen her for 16 years so she doesn't know what she looks like now and we don't know how many children the Others have taken over the years.
    loon wrote:
    the door that they entered by was covered by greenery.. obviously to initially disguise it...

.. the swan station has two doors, the hatch and the other door as it were..

so does the new one have two? if so it would explain why first door is still 'hidden'
    Pretty sure I saw a door marked "ESCAPE HATCH(?)" down there so perhaps that's how they got out.
    prospect wrote:
    I don't mean to be pedantic, or overly specific, but;

Did you see the effort if took Kate & Claire to lift the 'fridge'. I would imagine it would have required a great deal of force to knock it over.
    Well, if we're to go by what we saw of Ethan last season, the Others apparently posess super strength. If they were scrambling to get out, we don't kno what they may have bumped into, knocked over, etc. in their rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

MeTV wrote:
    Well, if we're to go by what we saw of Ethan last season, the Others apparently posess super strength.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jack kick the proverbials out of him at the end of that episode?

He only had this "super strength" when he was fighting Charlie, and with all due respect, Charlie ain't exactly a rhino . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sofaspud wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jack kick the proverbials out of him at the end of that episode?

He only had this "super strength" when he was fighting Charlie, and with all due respect, Charlie ain't exactly a rhino . . .
    Jack did do a number on him, but it was a 3 or 4 man ambush I seem to remember. I think Metv said they have super strength because I think Ethan lifted Charlie up by the neck with one hand. Charlie isn't that big, but that still wouldn't be easy to do. Dunno if I'd stretch to super strength though.

Jack did do a number on him, but it was a 3 or 4 man ambush I seem to remember.

Jack attacked him, kicks the bullocks off him, then when he was safely convulsing on the ground, the rest of the chaps appeared with the guns. It was a fair two-man fight, Ethan put up a good fight, but he's in no way superhuman.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Fair enough if they were in a rush they might have knocked over the fridge while rushing to get out but that wouldnt explain why the first set of lights were hanging of the roof like they were...
    I think it could be something to with (as mentioned before) that because the clock went past zero in the other hatch it set some type of self destruct of in this hatch only for it to stop when the clock was reset.
    Unless of course they messed the place up on purpose which could be very easily possible!!

Sofaspud wrote:
    Jack attacked him, kicks the bullocks off him, then when he was safely convulsing on the ground, the rest of the chaps appeared with the guns. It was a fair two-man fight, Ethan put up a good fight, but he's in no way superhuman.
    Ah thanks for refreshing my memory. I wouldn't go along with superhuman either. Just look at Goodwin, he was killed by Anna Lucia after a scuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

scuffle-best word ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

.. Just look at Goodwin, he was killed by Anna Lucia after a scuffle.

He fell on a pointy stick.
    She didn't overpower him.

homerjk wrote:
    I think it could be something to with (as mentioned before) that because the clock went past zero in the other hatch it set some type of self destruct of in this hatch only for it to stop when the clock was reset.
    As I put forward on the last page ;)

My assumption of Ethan's "superhuman abilities" comes not only from the fact that he lifted Charlie off the ground with one hand but also that he managed to overpower both Charlie and Claire and drag them off to the WWPDP station something we now know he definitely did alone.

MeTV wrote:
    My assumption of Ethan's "superhuman abilities" comes not only from the fact that he lifted Charlie off the ground with one hand but also that he managed to overpower both Charlie and Claire and drag them off to the WWPDP station something we now know he definitely did alone.

Well, a tiny recovering heroin addict and a heavily pregnant woman, call me crazy, I don't think it'd take superman to take them on. Jack is an average sized, healthy man. He managed to take him down, so . . .

Sofaspud wrote:
    Well, a tiny recovering heroin addict and a heavily pregnant woman, call me crazy, I don't think it'd take superman to take them on.
    Maybe so, but carrying them both over rough terrain over a good distance? I'm not saying he was a superman just that his strength was way above average for a man his size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

... but we don't know if ethan was alone... charlie and claire were both unconscious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

did ethan not pwn jack during their first encounter? im fairly sure he did, second time round jack got the upper hand.

Can i throw out a wild thoery that the fridge that had the "medecine" in it and the condition of the lights etc. could be down to magnetic interference? ties in with after the counter passes zero and the glyphs appeared that this could have started a reactor or summit? causing magnetic waves in the 3rd hatch and causing the others to scram outa there?

its very far fetched. dont really believe it myself. but i thought it at the time :)

<3 lost for making me consider all these crazy notions.

TarfHead wrote:
    He fell on a pointy stick.
    She didn't overpower him.
    Yeah but he didn't overpower her either.

loon wrote:
    ... but we don't know if ethan was alone... charlie and claire were both unconscious
    From what John told us when tracking him back in saeson 1 and "Zeke" admonishing him this week, I think it's safe to assume he was.
    weemcd wrote:
    did ethan not pwn jack during their first encounter?
    pwn? :confused:
    weemcd wrote:
    Can i throw out a wild thoery that the fridge that had the "medecine" in it and the condition of the lights etc. could be down to magnetic interference? ties in with after the counter passes zero and the glyphs appeared that this could have started a reactor or summit?
    Ooo, I like that; an EM powered self-destruct sequence - makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

the first time they fought he completely horsed jack out of it.

the second time jack did beat up ethan but if I remember correctly he kept getting back up, seemingly unfazed after getting about 7 savage full force punches straight into the face - surely one of these (or maybe 2 or 3 at most) would keep a man down for at least a few seconds? He just kept getting back up - driven by either super-strength or the fact he "had" to get back claire again - either way - pretty damn hard for a scientist, no?

then again eko did kill 2 of em with his bare hands - but he is a fecking beast of a man (and was used to slaughtering people back home)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Something has happened in Lost. God that to awhile. In saying that the last number of episodes have been good.

Hopefully they will keep this up in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

weemcd wrote:
    Can i throw out a wild thoery that the fridge that had the "medecine" in it and the condition of the lights etc. could be down to magnetic interference?

Possibly, but then they were lucky that it only happened after they had time to remove the contents of the fridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

I have to say i'm off the opinion that the others are certainely above average physically (and mentally). The last episode of the 1st season we saw the rafties gettin owned by "Zeke" and the others. Their speed is certainely enhanced, they pulled a gun on sawyer with their hands at their sides, and sawyer had his hand on the gun. Again in this season we saw how accurate they are when they grazed saywer with a bullet across the face. By no means an easy shot.

Advertisement