Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Economy. What do you get with your car?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Around town anywhere from

8mpg-15mpg

On the motorways
    31mpg

00 3.2 litre S320

€85 to fill a tank + another €40 to fill the reserve (at this mornings prices)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1.8 Audi A6 auto - 31.7 average

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CorporalCarrot

BMW M3 3.25 ltr

Overall average since I got the car (approx 1 year) 17mpg

Around town is in the low teens (actually early last week I rest the obc stuck in a traffic jam in gardner street and it read 3mpg for a while and I got 9 mpg on average on the way in to work)
    Long distance journeys can get up to 28mpg but thats driving miss daisy.
    After 80 miles at mondello, I got 8 mpg.

Tank is 63 litres and generally the obc gives me a range of 210 miles when refilled.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2003 Toyota Avensis 1.8 Luna with 91k miles. Getting about 340 miles from a tank of petrol costing about €57 to fill.

I'm depressed now, I need a diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

01 Pug 206 Gti - 30mpg

€50-€55 to fill it from when the light comes on, get 300 miles from that...not bad I guess as I sspend alot of time up at the redline..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

44.8 mpg average from a Renault Laguna II 1.6 with 115k miles. Not too bad - but with the way petrol prices keep going up I may have to downgrade to smaller car with a diesel engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How the fcuk are you getting 45 from a 1.6 Laguna? Do you live at the top of a never-ending hill?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    How the fcuk are you getting 45 from a 1.6 Laguna? Do you live at the top of a never-ending hill?
    Yep, that's me you see in the Miller Genuine Draft ad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've never got over 35 on average out of a 1.6 Laguna, you must drive very slowly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

Just got a new S40 2.0D, I put 50 in it on friday evening and have done exactly 522KM so far(Trip computer reading) and still have a quarter of a tank, So I would guess at about 650 - 700Km to a tank. I never thought it would be so good, Was expecting 500 to a tank but it just keeps on going, I think the fuel hand may be stuck butit better not be as its only a week old. Is this normal to get such high mileage from a 2 litre diesel unit????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Have a seat leon cupra 180 bhp.

Getting at least 400 miles from 55 litres so that works out at 33mpg.
    Combination of m-way and urban.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Not too sure what it works out as, but on my Smart Roadster, €30 to fill the take from near empty, and I got about 275miles out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

06 Kia Cerato 1.5 Crdi

Tank fill is 55Litres and I regularly get 1100km when light comes on so that works out around 55mpg+ and thats a mix of city/rural driving with aircon on most times! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Actually been watch mine econmony for the last while averages between 36-44mpg... Same route every day 30km each way . What I have noticed is a lot actuall depends on the place u buy the petrol. Maxol def the worst in the car what ever the difference is or even if there is one my car hates it .

Oh its 94 Honda Integra 1.6

colm_mcm wrote:
    I've never got over 35 on average out of a 1.6 Laguna, you must drive very slowly!
    Not really, see my numerous posts in this forum about being held up by dawdlers! I drive at the speed limit whenever conditions allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭opus

Think is was ~475 miles from roughly 60 litres on a recent Cork -> Dublin -> Cork run which worked out at ~35.9 mpg for a 96 BWM 328. It would be a lot thirstier around town but doesn't get used much there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

bennyx_o wrote:
    Not too sure what it works out as, but on my Smart Roadster, €30 to fill the take from near empty, and I got about 275miles out of it.
    On my smart roadster coupe brabus, I use shell vpower, and get up to 340 miles per tank. I get around 50mpg, give or take 5 depending on the type of driving I am doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

BrianD3 wrote:
    44.8 mpg average from a Renault Laguna II 1.6 with 115k miles. Not too bad - but with the way petrol prices keep going up I may have to downgrade to smaller car with a diesel engine.

Thats the first Laguna with sails and a spinnaker I've ever heard of.....its handy though, you can rely on the wind when it breaks down.;)

My X5 does around 28mpg average around town mostly and a bit better on a good run.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

City driving 25 - 30 Mpg

Open road 35+ even 40 at times:eek:

Driving hard -20, frankly cutting the fuel lines would have the same effect.

Honda integra type R(yea I know but in standard form they can have v good fuel consumption)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

1.3l Daewoo - €45 to fill and about 400 miles on a full tank (approx 40l) - 45mpg if I go easy..... it flows out the exhaust if I go over speed limit (is that why they picked those nice round numbers? very considerate of the gov. eh?)

edit:
    oh yeah, thats all rural driving....5th gear all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Well I did my 1st calculation last week on my '02 1.4 Corolla.
    It did 44.7mpg.
    The full tank did 500 miles (though I'd imagine it was running on fumes by the end, though there was no spluttering or anything)

Will be doing another calculation this eve, see if the figures match. (The miles driven will anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

VW Passet TDI (130) 550 for a full tank 60 Euro to fill.

Used have a Corrolla G6 did 350 for 50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

'00 Skoda Octavia Petrol 1.6 - 42mpg
    '03 Ford Fusion 1.4 Diesel (I know I know - it's the wife's!) - 62mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have the Nissan Almeria 1.5 (06) about 6 months now and found it's around 44MPG, wile the computer reads 7.20LTRs per 100KM but I'm not really sure as it does not change that much if I'm hard on the car or not. I do about 700+ KM per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

2000 Octavia 1.6 Petrol - 42 mpg (mostly open road)
    2002 Picasso 1.6 Petrol - 36 mpg (mostly town driving)

Best was 1997 Vectra 2.0Di - 47mpg, followed by Kadett 1.3 petrol @ 45mpg

Advertisement