Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of those days....

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Are people asking if I like him aswell, or her mother aswell? Talk about putting 2 and 2 together and getting 2,000,000.

I don't come from Limerick. I've never lived there. He doesn't know the people in Limerick who are looking for me, but he's the kind of man who could put his resources to use and get the message accross if he really wanted to.

I'm not going to get into anymore specifics here people. I originally posted on the assumption that all of these people are computer illiterate. But just in case I have to keep names anon and specific details sketchy.

I no longer live in hope for getting this girl. I've gotten her in different ways before, and that was good enough for me. Not worth destroying the friendship for. Fact.

Having said that, it's been awhile since I have gotten any action, and I am a horn dog. Being alone with a girl that you do know intimately, with a power of alcohol to fuel the urges...... Well, if I had asked her to flash me 6 months before, and we were both in the state that we were in that night it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Righteous indignation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just forget about them and move on... Move to a different area or country or somethin, and forget about "your past". The girl knows that yer man is a psychopath and she got back with him despite that. She might end up getting hurt, but it's her own problem now, she's made her bed, as you said.
    And I can understand why your man is p*ssed off, I'd be p*ssed too if someone did that (even though I'd probably be the one asking her to flash me :D)

So yeah, just move on, leave psycho-boy with his missus, and start fresh.

Today will be the first day I actually go down town since "the incident". I'm dreading it tbh. I don't know who I'm going to meet or what's going to happen.

I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Did you actually report him or what?

chamlis wrote:
    He also has dirt on me. Something alot of people in Limerick would like to know.
    Your fcked so then arent ya
    Come on seriosly decide what is more important?
    and how would you feel if he treated your mate like that(or worse) and got away with it , you'd regret not reporting him

• Advertisement

I didn't report him. No physical harm done. Unless that changes, given my own dealings with Guards in the past for unrelated matters, they won't give a fark.

It's just me being a wuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

chamlis wrote:
    I didn't report him. No physical harm done. Unless that changes, given my own dealings with Guards in the past for unrelated matters, they won't give a fark.

It's just me being a wuss.

That's a great reason for not reporting the incident. When his unchecked violence escalates and he does some harm - let's say beats up someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time in a fit of jealousy, or really, really hurts somebody - or hey may, maybe when he punches his girlfriend, at least you can reassure yourself that she's probably only being a wuss.

People need to understand a few basic things about violence and intimidation:
    • It is not all right for someone to treat you that way.
    • It is not a big deal to make an incident report to the Gardai.
    • The more incident reports about an individual, the more credence can be given to allegations that their behaviour is dangerous and they might hurt someone.
    • Unchecked, violent behaviour will escalate. People who get away with it keep doing it because they believe they are untouchable.

Think about how many people you'll meet in your life. Thousands. If you're lucky, you'll only encounter violence or intimidation from someone once. If you report it, then the only time it happened to you, you did something about it. Hooray for you.

If you don't report it, you're giving the one person you meet free reign to be violent and intimidating to the thousands of people they'll meet.

Advertisement