Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Rapper In G-Unit

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Mase
    shae_d wrote:
    G Unit wouldnt exist if it werent for 50 cent

Pity whoever shot "fiddy" had such bad aim then isn't it
    Beefeater wrote:
    ok. a few things need to be made clear. No single solitary member of g-unit is a legend, and unless hell freezes over never will be. someone a while ago said-"It just so happens that most of the music to come from the G-Unit stables has been weak, cliched, stereotyped hip-hop which sells to the masses, who are, on the whole, QUITE LIMITED IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF HIP-HOP MUSIC" this is sadly very very true. Next 50 better than Nas, snap the f**k out of it! Everyone but a few obvious seem to be hip-poppers on this thread. if ye're goin tolisten to mainstream try Pac, Biggie, Nas, Kanye r somethin. Now i will be waiting for a backlash of feedback

No backlash here. Only love for someone with some common sense (he's a rapper too for the uneducated masses). yeah myself and the vocal minority have been saying this, well for as long as i've been posting here. But at the end of the day, we all listened to some tripe music when we were kids, they'll eventually grow out of it (i hope, for their own sakes). Expand your horizons, there's more to rap than money, bling and hoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I think aftermathcrew and his mates are back:rolleyes:

Reading this thread again, it really is clear that the 50/G Unit hatred is only because theyre the biggest thing right now. What do Camron/Dipset, Andre 3000, black eyed peas etc etc have in common? Theyre all alot worse than 50 (yes, I know what I said, in case you wanted further on it, Andre 3000 is a disgrace and an embarrasment), but because they have less control over the game, nobody hates them quite as much. 50 comes up with lines such as the fat kid cake one. He also knocks out pretty decent tunes. In Da Club, Hustlers Ambition, Outta Control, its not Biggie/Nas early 90s lyricism, but its good club/headnodding tunes. Quit taking it so seriously. 50 is not the worlds best lyricist. Hes a young man who releases some brilliant, some sh1t music, and is making an awful lot of money. Give the man a break. Lloyd Banks is a very talented freestyler. Buck is one of the best, but underrated, lyricists from the south. Its as if peoples hatred of 50 completely blinds them to the fact that Banks is one of NYs best lyricists at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Reading this thread again, it really is clear that the 50/G Unit hatred is only because theyre the biggest thing right now. What do Camron/Dipset, Andre 3000, black eyed peas etc etc have in common? Theyre all alot worse than 50 (yes, I know what I said, in case you wanted further on it, Andre 3000 is a disgrace and an embarrasment), but because they have less control over the game, nobody hates them quite as much. 50 comes up with lines such as the fat kid cake one. He also knocks out pretty decent tunes. In Da Club, Hustlers Ambition, Outta Control, its not Biggie/Nas early 90s lyricism, but its good club/headnodding tunes. Quit taking it so seriously. 50 is not the worlds best lyricist. Hes a young man who releases some brilliant, some sh1t music, and is making an awful lot of money. Give the man a break. Lloyd Banks is a very talented freestyler. Buck is one of the best, but underrated, lyricists from the south. Its as if peoples hatred of 50 completely blinds them to the fact that Banks is one of NYs best lyricists at the moment.

You should be tortured and then put up against a wall and shot for that remark alone.

If you want your remarks to be taken seriously then attacking the souths best MC of all time and one of Hip-Hops greatest groups of all time is the wrong way of going about it.Attacking Andre and then saying YB and LB are two of the best from there perspective regions is a sure way of showing you haven't a ****ing clue what you are taking about.

The whole of the G-Unit consists of average MC's that make music for teenage girls and naive kids(aftermathcrew etc)who think they are 'hard'.They are getting paid while infintely better MC's struggle to get their records out-hence the hate.

Hustlers Ambition was a particurly boring track btw.Fantastic if you are having trouble getting to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Mase
    Jesus are you insane. Andre and Outkast are in a whole other league to anyone in g-unit. Better lyricist, more original, more individual, an amazing back catalogue. And while Black Eyed Peas might be whoring themselves off to please the masses nowadays, behind the front is still a classic and one of the best rap debuts i've heard, again light years behind the cliched drivel that comes out of the g-unit stable. People don't hate G-unit because they are on top, people hate g-unit & 50 because of the rubbish they put out and the fact that u have to come onto every other hiphop forum and trawl through the numerous 50 is the greatest ever threads to find something interesting and worth reading

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Reading this thread again, it really is clear that the 50/G Unit hatred is only because theyre the biggest thing right now. What do Camron/Dipset, Andre 3000, black eyed peas etc etc have in common? Theyre all alot worse than 50 (yes, I know what I said, in case you wanted further on it, Andre 3000 is a disgrace and an embarrasment), but because they have less control over the game, nobody hates them quite as much.

I'm sure there is an element of snobbery and elitism when it comes to G-Unit hatred, and because they are on top sales and such wise people want to see them fall, however I know speaking for myself I dislike G-Unit because the music released is poor and cliched. They are boring. I've said it already, I couldn't care less about them, I honestly don't give a rats ass about sales and chart positions, so let people that want to buy it buy it, but if they think that what they are listening to is the best Hip-Hop has to offer they really need to broaden their horizons.

I can honestly say I dislike Dipset/Camron all that lark far more than the G-Unit stuff. As you said yourself 50 has made some decent pop songs. Out of Control Remix was nice and Hate It Love It by The Game was another track I liked, and I think it had probably one of best verses I've heard from Fiddy. But a couple of tracks is not enough to redeem G-Unit. Nothing can redeem Dipset.

I think your mad when it comes to Outkast. Aquemini and ATLiens are superb albums. You need to look past your Love Below hatred, I know how much you loved that "I wanna say stank you" line in Prototype.

Spacecoyote already highlighted the fact that BEP used to make great Hip-Hop records. Pre-Fergie they were actually quite good, then they sold out completely. They make good pop records these days, but their new music doesn't appeal to me much at all.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    50 comes up with lines such as the fat kid cake one.

Slug uses the line "I love you like a rap kid loves breaks" on Dirty Girl (Felt 2 - Tribute to Lisa Bonnet) and although it's clearly a reworking of the 50 line imo it's a far better line. 21 Questions, the song that 50 line comes from is an awful, awful song.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    Lloyd Banks is a very talented freestyler. Buck is one of the best, but underrated, lyricists from the south. Its as if peoples hatred of 50 completely blinds them to the fact that Banks is one of NYs best lyricists at the moment.

Jin is a talented freestyler, it's doesn't automatically qualify you as a good rapper, and doesn't mean you can make good records. Orizio (I think) posted an interview before with GZA, who says he's not really one for freestyles and that he likes to plan his lyrics. GZA absolutely destroys LB lyrically (well imo I think he destroys an awful lot of rappers), so hypothetically if LB and GZA were to be in a freestyle battle Banks would probably win but would he be a better rapper? Not a chance.

Cunninlynguists are the one of the best acts to come from the South and they truly are underrated. YB is overrated and only gets his name splashed about the place courtesy of his affliliation with 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real Soulja

**** G-Unit bunch of pusseys GGGGGG-Unot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chris01

Tony Yayo
    N05H3AD wrote:
    I think Young Buck is the best, what does every1 else think???

Young buck is the second best rapper, Lloyd banks is first the guy is so cool and laid back you cant mess with him when it comes down to the lyrical flows. Oh and 50 cent comes last..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

gunit suck.all of them.here are reasons-

name:g-unit the g stands for gay.
    members:50 BENT
    Loyld W**KS
    Young F**K
    HOElivia
    B*****D GAYSE
    NOB Deep
    MAKE OUT PUSSIES
    and probably a few more i m just not botherd to name them.

THE GAME!!!!GGGG-UNOT!!!!BLACK WALL STREET 4 LIFE!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

This thread is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 youngshooter

Young Buck
    "fiddy told u nigga's youg buck showed u nigga's"

it has to be fifty cent buck lyod or yayo would not have solo albums without g unit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Tony Yayo
    I hate em all but its gotta be Lloyd Banks coz the guy got good punchlines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Orizio wrote:
    You should be tortured and then put up against a wall and shot for that remark alone.

If you want your remarks to be taken seriously then attacking the souths best MC of all time and one of Hip-Hops greatest groups of all time is the wrong way of going about it.Attacking Andre and then saying YB and LB are two of the best from there perspective regions is a sure way of showing you haven't a ****ing clue what you are taking about.

Grand so. I dont particularly care what Andre 3000 was doing in 1994. Snoop made Doggystyle back then, how come he doesnt have a load of apologists claiming that it doesnt matter if his new music is largely sh1t because of the strength of his first album. Honestly, please, which do you find more retarded, 50 saying something is hot as a tea kettle or Andre stanking you very much and talking about roses smelling like sh1te. The man is an utter spa, plain and simple. Was he good back in the day? Possibly, I dont have broadband and Im not going to buy Outkasts first album to find out, based on the appalingly bad childish music of the past 6 odd years. Outkast these days make cheesy, irrelevant nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Young Buck
    Kuz_3040 wrote:
    G Unit arent as good any more they gone down since Game left he was the best

Nah! I agree with that, But saying that rap ain't my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Mase
    G-unit make great music for the clubs, in the car, etc allthough this is a moot point as most of the obsessive anti g-unit people rarely leave their gaffs anyway, preferring to listen to the latest mike zoot 12" remix thats only on sale in lithuania whilst choking on their own smug sense of self satisfaction.

GGG-unit! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Lloyd Banks
    Buck is de best hes de realest person in g-unit but banks is a great rapper i havnt heard 1 bad song frm him

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Mase
    O.K I'm a big G-unit fan but I can honestly say none of them are hip hop 'legends',especially not 50!You can't put him in the same bracket as Pac or Biggie,who were lyrically unbelievable+near perfect flow.I'll be honest and admit I havent heard Illmatic so I can't comment on Nas.

Saying all that I am a big fan,I don't see why Spider-Loc is gettin put down so much,the Bangadoshish mixtape wasn't all that bad.Banks Buck and 50 are good if predictable with what they're gonna spit.The tracks usually have killer beats which does help.As for Cam'ron and Dipset,I like them because they're different,a lot of the stuff they spit makes absolutely NO sense but for some reason I like them,probably the good production values again(i'm sure some1 will disagree on that) Juelz Santana is the best of the bunch.I guess its a case of different strokes for different folks or whatever that sayin is.....

As for the best on G-Unit-Mobb Deep.Blood Money is a good album if you're a G-Unit fan,but if you don't like them its not gonna make you change your mind.I have all of MD's albums and consider them the best purely on past glories,they're not as good as they used to be-yeah they signed with G-Unit to make money but so what,they've been grinding away in the rap game for long enough.

Remember-people do have different tastes,even if it is within hip hop,stop e-fighting you bunch of crazy internet gang bangers!some1 will get e-killed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Spider-Loc
    The following song sums up perfectly what this side of hiphop has become, it's an oldie, but damnit it's still relevant.

Yo, woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning dogg
    And I still ain't signed
    So you know what?
    Everybody gon' feel it today
    Cuz I was told if you want respect
    You go up to the biggest mutha****a on the block
    And you knock his ass out
    And that's what I'm bout to do

Yo, **** the whole industry and everybody in it
    I'm pissed now so alot of cats is bout to get offended
    I done tried to be nice but this whole game is bogus
    So I'ma start dissin niggas until I get noticed
    I'm aimin for the top cuz that's where I'm headed
    Yo **** that nigga Hov and you can tell him I said it
    Matter of fact, **** the Roc and I meant it
    I'll bring you outta retirement just to put yo' ass back in it
    Even Dame know you lost yo' niche
    Since Beyonce been suckin yo' dick
    You done got soft as a bitch
    You probably squat to piss, you lost and whipped
    Put out a APB, Jay done lost his dick
    I'm doin this just because, I ain't Nas, dude
    As far as I'm concerned he need panties and bras, too
    Tell him they shootin, I hope he can dodge one
    You God's son? Well I'ma make you see God, son
    You losin' ya focus, stay sharp nigga
    **** you, Jungle, and the rest of them Gayheart niggas
    Yo 50, I heard ya **** was bomb and gun proof
    But **** it, I'ma throw a grenade through the sun roof
    I see ya pimpin ya game like a nigga should do
    If I was you, I'da ****ed Vivica, too
    Ya **** blew not because of ya rhymes
    Because in every interview you kept sayin "I got shot 9 times"
    And them G-Unit cats is a joke
    How you gonna teach me how to stunt when all y'all mutha****as is *****
    Let's be clear
    None of y'all cats would even be here if it wasn't for Em
    Matter of fact, **** him
    You say your moms is crazy?
    That ain't hard to see
    Look at your rhymes, the fruit don't fall far from the tree
    You as crazy as that bitch is
    And I ain't sayin you wack, but D-12?

That whole ****in click is
    Now cats be like "Did he say what I just think he did?"
    Who is this cat and who the **** does he think he is??
    I'm Big Sty and I ain't hard to find
    I'ma keep doin this **** until my ass get signed
    So let's get it on, if it's on it's on
    Y'all cats ready for war, then let it be known
    Who am I? Big Sty mutha****a
    Do or die, south side mutha****a

It ain't just for rappers, it's all industry heads
    To that **** up at Bad Boy, what up Sean pres
    **** you too cuz ain't **** sweet
    Had me spittin for an hour over the same wack ass beat
    And I ain't sayin I'm the man, but damn
    You go and sign Loon and Da Band? Oh man
    Y'all niggas is reachin for ****, what the **** is you thinkin
    Somebody need to tell Ja Rule to stick to singin
    That Clap Back **** is manure
    Stick to doin love songs for the little TRL viewers
    And I hope you don't like it
    Just bring it to my face, kid
    I'll make you quit rappin, find God like Mase did
    I'm only comin for big dogs, that's fo' sho'
    I ain't gonna diss D-Block til they get more dough
    Puffy ain't wanna sign me, he wasn't seein a vision
    But Bad Boy ain't been hot since Shyne went under in prison
    They ain't been hot since Mase was gettin religion
    Let's be real, they ain't been hot since Biggie was livin
    These cats keep shootin and missin
    And I don't think nobody's payin attention to what these fools is spittin
    Am I the only one listenin? The game is deaf
    I feel like I'm the only real emcee left
    And I done been in this studio and made hot songs
    I been doin this for too long and I still ain't on
    And right I'm so desperate to live the good life
    I feel like goin to LA, yellin "**** Suge Knight!"
    I'ma start sendin death threats to all A&Rs
    Until they start signin cats that spit better bars
    Matter of fact, **** it, I'm loadin up the guns
    Aimin' 'em at Clear Channel and Radio One
    Cuz I done had it up to here with these niggas shuttin me out
    When I know I'm hotter than half of these mutha****as is out
    You can call me a hata, cuz I just might be
    But it's a million other cats who feel just like me
    So **** Nelly and Chingy, **** Luda and Missy
    **** Pharell, **** Busta, Justin, and Britney
    I'm doin this for cats that's gritty
    I'm takin out the industry and got the whole underground with me
    Cuz after all I been through
    I feel like diggin up Biggie and Pac and sayin **** them too!
    Whew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Edgehead

Ayo, they all straight faggots.

**** G-Unit, **** 50

G-UNOT

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Mase
    Ive liked mobb deep for time but as far as the new guys go i think Spider loc is the best of the bunch and has a far more authentic west coast sound then game ever did while he was there. Can't see 50 letting him release his album anytime soon tho.

Advertisement