Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Rapper In G-Unit

Options
  • 10-05-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I think Young Buck is the best, what does every1 else think???

Best Rapper in G-Unit 46 votes

50 Cent
    0%
    Young Buck
    21%
    UnknownAlvis[Deleted User]pk100Kuz_3040UmaroyoungshooterQ-57shae_dDoomspell 10 votes
    Lloyd Banks
    15%
    GrumPyN05H3ADPG4000aftermathcrewKING THoodlumMikeyCdublin 7 votes
    Tony Yayo
    32%
    KristokT-b0n3Shrimphiphopfanno1ThE_IVIAcIVIAIVCorkManscuba stevekanibusciaran13HoodleAJ!mazroofuzzywiggleseanjohnkchris01 15 votes
    Mobb Deep
    2%
    Paul Tergat 1 vote
    Mase
    19%
    DooomweemcdEvzer[Deleted User]ghostdancerspacecoyoteJack Bauerfranglancashville 9 votes
    Spider-Loc
    4%
    Seanehevil_seed 2 votes
    M.O.P.
    4%
    tuxychiller 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Spider-Loc
    what about mobb deep, M.O.P, Spider Loc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Tony Yayo
    voted for lloyd. but like mobb deep too, well there stuff from the Infamous and Murder Muzic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Added Mobb Deep, Mase, Spider-Loc and M.O.P.

Spider-Loc
    ha, forgot about Ma$e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Tony Yayo
    immortal technique is signed to the g-unit records too so add him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

IT hasn't signed to the G-Unit.In fact I can't think of a rapper more unlikely to sign to G-Unit.

Since Havocs not there,Banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

Lloyd Banks
    Makaveli wrote:
    Added Mobb Deep, Mase, Spider-Loc and M.O.P.

thanks :) , i knew there was way more people in G-Unit but i couldn't find them, (even on Google) so i decided i would go ahead with the poll and hope that no one would be too offended at my inferior G-Unit knowledge :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think it is 50 and then banks. Yayo is only good on fat ass bass tracks cos all he has is loudness.

Spider-Loc
    immortal technique is signed to the g-unit records too so add him...
    Seriously do people even read anymore
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51337394&postcount=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

Tony Yayo
    have to say banks by a long way.

spider loc is terrible and got murdered by game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

Orizio wrote:
    Since Havocs not there,Banks.
    mobb deep is havoc on prodigy so u shud have voted for them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Mase
    Begrudingly went for Mobb.

Coughgunitsucksmonkeyscough. Ahem. Sorry, bit of a cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kuz_3040

Young Buck
    G Unit arent as good any more they gone down since Game left he was the best

Banks,MOP and Havoc are all easily better then Game,who is another in a long line of name dropping mumbling 'MCs' who are lucky enough to find
    themselves on the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cap_ya_ass

Non of em tha only good rappa in there WAS tha game

Lloyd Banks
    cap_ya_ass wrote:
    Non of em tha only good rappa in there WAS tha game

congrats on your 1st post :) , have you got any of the other rappers albums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

One thing that annoys me about all the G Unit hatred (which for some reason seems primarily consigned to the internet) is that people overlook that Young Buck is one of the most lyrically talented rappers from the south. Straight Outta Cashville is a great album. Banks has some good freestyles, his album is apparently sh1te though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I wouldn't say G-Unit hatred is primarily consigned to the net. It's more a case of heads being on Hip-Hop forums expressing their dislike for G-Unit. In the real world(tm) it's a case of a more diluted audience. They may not listen to as much Hip-Hop as others or the only Hip-Hop they know is what MTV Base shows. So they have a less informed opinion because those who use the net have access to far more music and far more information (reviews etc), so they can form, perhaps, a stronger opinion.

Young Buck is someone I've heard limited amounts of music from. I haven't heard his album, but wasn't impressed by him on the G-Unit album. Other than his verse on the Three 6 Mafia song (Stay Fly), I haven't been overly pushed by anything he has done.

I haven't voted on this poll because ultimately I've no interest in it. Mobb Deep, M.O.P. and Mase I'd only be able to base off their pre-G-Unit work which really wouldn't bear any relevance. 50 Cent is a rap by numbers lyricist. Spider-Loc I've never heard anything by him afaik. Yayo and Banks fall into the same category as Young Buck.

I don't hate G-Unit, I just don't care about them. The majority of what I've heard I've disliked, which is enough to put me off listening to anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Makaveli wrote:
    I don't hate G-Unit, I just don't care about them. The majority of what I've heard I've disliked, which is enough to put me off listening to anymore.

The words head, nail & on spring to mind. I'd go along with that completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Mase
    Ay Cee wrote:
    The words head, nail & on spring to mind. I'd go along with that completely.

I'll second that motion. as Mak said, i'd be similar, the likes of MOP, mobb, etc...i only really know from pre-G-Unit stuff and what little i've heard from the rest hasn't exactly inspired me to go running out to buy their albums.

And people don't just hate on G-Unit. Irrespective of who it is, if the music is poor, whether they are number one in the pop charts or underground mcs, people will voice their dislike. It just so happens that most of the music to come from the G-Unit stables has been weak, cliched, stereotyped hip-hop which sells to the masses, who are, on the whole, quite limited in their knowledge of hip-hop music

• Advertisement

Tha Gopher wrote:
    One thing that annoys me about all the G Unit hatred (which for some reason seems primarily consigned to the internet) is that people overlook that Young Buck is one of the most lyrically talented rappers from the south. Straight Outta Cashville is a great album. Banks has some good freestyles, his album is apparently sh1te though.

Not a hope in hell is Young Buck one of the most talented lyricists in Hip-Hop.He is barely the best in G-Unit.Not that I don't rate the guy.His verse on Stay Fly was nice,but it was certainly nothing special lyrically.

BTW Yayo is horrendous.The worst by a mile,a bit like the Bleek of G-Unit.Its a pity really Banks(in particular) and 50 were decent mixtape artists.Check Banks new single to see how weak he has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Tony Yayo
    Lloyd Banks! :cool:

Lloyd Banks
    Tha Gopher wrote:

Thank you, you're the 1st person to even mention Young Buck, he is a legend. T.I.P is also another great album of his, The Hunger For More (Banks' album) is also excellent. With songs like "Work Magic", "I Get High", "If You So Gangsta" and "Til The End" and much more good songs make the album well worth buying.P.S if you think Young Buck is good then vote for him!!!

lol @ YB being a legend.

How the hell does an average southern rapper with an average discography become a Hip-Hop legend? :rolleyes: Honestly this is getting embarassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

Tony Yayo
    Lloyd Banks is the best of the lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

Tony Yayo
    buck being a lyrcist----lol

buck and yayo really cudnt be worse if they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Lloyd Banks
    At this stage in their careers, they all suck in my opinion. Mobb Deep sold out in order to make money and now that their album has flopped in America, i hope they realise how much their image has been tainted. M.O.P. are dope but do not belong on G Unit records as it does not suit their style. I always liked Young Bucks flow and the energy he brings to tracks. Lloyd Banks is good at punch lines but he has a boring, monotone voice. Yayo and Spider Loc don't deserve to be mentioned in a poll with the word "Best" in the title. They are horendous rappers. As for 50 Cent... Well he's just like a Ma$e... A pop/rap star that sings. Anyways, thats my 2 cents on G Unit. I'm gonna vote for Young Buck in this poll.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Mase
    PG4000 is right sayin that mobb deep sold out joining g unit, could they have sold out any more? I've heard blood money and it sounds like another churned out poppy/rap album by g unit album the second album will probable be a mobb deep version of the 5o cent second album.. as jadakiss said a bunch of love song 100% pure garbage.

IS ANYONE INTO SHYNE?

Lloyd Banks
    Young Buck Rules Despite What Orizio Says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

N05H3AD wrote:
    Young Buck Rules Despite What Orizio Says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really need to listen to some more rappers dude.Any other rappers really.Try Nas,Rakim,Jigga and BIG for a start to see real Hip-Hp legends.

Advertisement