Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Us: 2x21 - "?" [** Spoilers Within **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah I was kinda disappointed that the "?" wasn't very important. I thought we weren't going to find out what was in there til like season 4 or something and thats were the final climax would be. I guess not though..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

One thing that I'm thinking about now is that perhaps locke start losing his faith in the episode where they find the plane, because if you think back, nothing important came from finding the plane, apart from boone dying.

I think that locke was meant to find the pearl back then, so that he wouldn't interfer with what was going on in the hatch, but misinterpeted his dream. I think that its important that he hasn't had a dream or any kind of indication as to what to do since he found the plane, but then when he slept on top of the pearl, he gets another dream that causes the pearl to be found..

If you can follow that then I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Overall good episode. The character development was good for once and I was seriously worried that Ecko had died having watched the preview! Does anyone know what the number's on the printout said? Or were they just times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Rob30888 wrote:
    Overall good episode. The character development was good for once and I was seriously worried that Ecko had died having watched the preview! Does anyone know what the number's on the printout said? Or were they just times?

I think the printout just said "4815162342 Accepted" over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Rob30888 wrote:

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Image:Lost_S02E21_Report.jpg

At first i though it was saying 4 8 15 16 23 42 but if you look at the image its a different set of numbers and they seem to be going up in number every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

duridian wrote:
    I think the printout just said "4815162342 Accepted" over and over again.
    No.. think they were timestamps.. as in a time and a date with "accepted" following them.

Presumably the times the button was pushed in the other hatches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

basquille wrote:
    No.. think they were timestamps.. as in a time and a date with "accepted" following them.

Presumably the times the button was pushed in the other hatches.
    Be the hokey, I just looked back over it and you're right. The 4 at the start of the most of the number strings had me fooled at normal playing speed. The timestamps are in some non-conventional time format though, possibly something decimal rather than based around 12. Anyone remember about ten years ago, the watch makers Swatch started this thing called "internet time", a decimal based system in which 1000 beats = 1 day ? Might it be something along that line?
    Internet time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

arrow.jpg

The next hatch The barracks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Just realised now after research that this hatch is called the arrow and the guys who were in the tail section found it on the other side of the island

Good job Kojack...

• Advertisement

Anima wrote:
    Good job Kojack...
    Now, now.. play nice!

That was a little harsh alright, sorry Pat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

syboit wrote:
    was there any date on the orientation tape that they saw for the swan ?

Yeah it was dated 1980 aswell, but was orientation "3 of 6" whereas this one was "5 of 6"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

regarding the logs, you've probably noticed, but the numbers go up in increments of 108, though thats a straight 108 as if the colon wasn't there, not converted to hours:minutes or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Did anyone else notice that Ecko's brother sounded very like Desmond in the way that he talked? Now I know they are brothers...but...

"Hello Brother" -- ok that's fine

"Ecko, there are many distractions brother" -- This is the line that gets me.

Ummm... you do realise he IS his actual brother though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

like IRL?

O:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was reading thisthread about Hurley and came across the man in the Dharama films.

People were trying to firgure out if Candle was in the same hospital when Hurley was in it but people pointed out that he only had on arm in the film. But in the new film he has 2 arms but uses a different name. This brings up the possibility that Candle could have meet Hurley before and had a chance to influnce him.

What do people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

1st post on Lost forum and sorry if this has already been mentioned before but I havnt seen it, anyway I was rewatching the eko/locke dream sequence just before eko falls from the cliff and as he is falling at the lower left hand corner of the frame, there is a person who comes into view. Hard to say, but it could be crew, looks deliberate to me tho, but then why only in a dream sequence?, so i'm not sure what to make of it. Anyone else spot this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It looks like a branch or something waving in the wind to me, with Eko's shadow casting over it making it look strange.

I doubt anybody wrote down a log of Michael killing Libby and Ana Lucia seeing as the entrance to the monitoring station was blocked by the plane. Unless of course there's another exit. Which there probably is, but if there isn't then the station clearly hasn't been used in a fairly long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I reckon it won't matter that no one wrote it down and sent it through the vacuum tubes, cos it's likely those cameras which are monitoring The Swan are also being fed to another location where the feed is being taped/monitored/accounts written.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Right here's my 2 cents.

Michael didnt mean to shoot Libby you could see it in his reaction that it was an accident she was killed.
    He did mean to kill Anna though!
    Michael was plannted by the others to break Henry out under the instructions that with Henry back they would return Walt.
    Michael is showing classic desperation syndrome.
    Cant wait to see where this goes.

The John/Ecko thing is a little bit disapointing to be honest to much over reliance on fait.

Advertisement