Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends moustache

Options
  • 09-05-2006 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im just wondering what is 'appropriate' in these circumstances. My gf has a little moustache, now its not a dark colour (so its possible she's bleaching it already), but im just wondering what the girls here have to say. Would it be offensive if i said something, or bought her some sort of device for removing the hair? Or (assuming she's not doing it already) some sort of moustache bleach? Obviously, someones going to say 'why dont you talk to her about it' but im just wondering is it something girls would be sensitive about (like fatness or ugliness), or is it fair game to mention it to her without giving her a complex?

No joke answers please, at least not till i get a few serious answers fromthe girls here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This can be resolved easily with u looking great and herself enjoying a day out. Pay for her at a beauty clinic with massages, treatments the works and include a facial. This way her moustache will be taken care off without you ever having to question her . Job done and u will look good in her eyes, and she certainly will look better in yours..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Coconut

Would it be offensive if you bought her bleach or wax? Er, yes.

Will mentioning it give her a complex? Quite possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Well, I definitely wouldn't like my b/f to come along out of no where with a waxing/lightening kit. That's kind of like saying to her ''hey, I noticed your mustache and I really don't like it, so I went out and bought you something to get rid of it with :D'' know what I mean? If you can notice it on her then she's probably already conscious of it and if it's light in colour/looks bleached already then what's the problem? Anyway, I wouldn't say it to her as there's a good chance she wouldn't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Is the 'tache really that bad? Bad enought to justify comment? If she were to take umbridge at any of your faults & demand you change a part of your body to satisfy her aesthetic preferences - how would that make you feel? If you haven't got the kind of open, close relationship where you can bring up such a subject without having to resort to tricking her into facials & suchlike then I think you have to put up with the status quo or prepare yourself for a slap & possibly your marching orders! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Obviously, someones going to say 'why dont you talk to her about it'.
    Why? Why would you talk to her about it? What has it got to do with you? :confused:
    I could understand if she had a heavy black fur ala my ancient history teacher in 3rd Year, but the girl has pale hairs on her upper lip.

Most women have pale hairs on their faces and real women have flaws.
    It sounds to me like you've not had a long term relationship before? Or at least nothing long enough to get past the superficial stage.

Sorry to rain on your parade but she probably farts too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

talk about the little things-god youre worse than me senior moustachio:rolleyes:

You shoulda just looked for a girl without any little hairs like this before you started a relationship with her;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

If you haven't got the kind of open, close relationship where you can bring up such a subject :p

Are you telling us that your relationship would allow you to tell the missus to have a shave and get away with it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ah tell her, maybe start whistling the Magnum PI theme tune she might get the message, not good having your Girl with a Ronnie! If u notice it you can be sure your mates do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Are you telling us that your relationship would allow you to tell the missus to have a shave and get away with it :eek:

I am a missus.....I think once a relationship reaches a certain point you can discuss anything without it causing hurt as both partners are secure in the knowledge that their partner loves them despite their faults and they know such minute details count for nothing.....my husband jokes about my love handles, I tease him about his dodgy fashion sense - because our relationship has moved well past the superficial "Oh my gad, what will my mates say if they see X" stage neither of us take what the other says to heart but we can still acknowledge that there is a grain or two of truth in the jibe.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nomadchef

I agree.. if your relationship is already there where you can discuss anything then open up, say it in a constructive way. I would appreciate you more if i am her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

do her a favour and dump her
    if a few blond hairs are bothering you now, god knows what will happen when the first wrinkle appears. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Bean_Ghrinn

Seems as if you do not know her very well. Maybe that would be a place to start before you attempt to modify her appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I know everyone here seems to be taking the p|ss from el_moustachio, but unless youve experienced it, you cant really pass judgemnt.

I went on a date or two with a young lady from finglas, who was follicaly challanged. Now she was a very nice person, but we we kissed i culd actually feel the friction of her hairs on my face.

Now its hard to describe, but it was something that i didn't like, and as a result she never go more than a peck on the cheek again! (Didnt last long either.)

My point being it may be more than just 'shallow hal' syndrome here. i would put it more on a par with annoying or unpleasant habits etc.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Show her a few scenes from Intermission on a loop:

"Would you ever get some immac and get rid o' that ronnie youre cultivatin"

Sally: Have I got a ronnie?
    Mick: A what?
    Sally: A ronnie, moustache, like?
    Mick: Show.
    [pause]
    Mick: Well you're no Tom Selleck, but ...
    Sally: Ah, go **** yourself.
    :D

If you can't talk to her about it, then the beauty clinic idea sounds good to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

*gulp*

Would she not be terribly hurt if you said something to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Im just wondering what is 'appropriate' in these circumstances. My gf has a little moustache, now its not a dark colour (so its possible she's bleaching it already), but im just wondering what the girls here have to say. Would it be offensive if i said something, or bought her some sort of device for removing the hair? Or (assuming she's not doing it already) some sort of moustache bleach? Obviously, someones going to say 'why dont you talk to her about it' but im just wondering is it something girls would be sensitive about (like fatness or ugliness), or is it fair game to mention it to her without giving her a complex?

No joke answers please, at least not till i get a few serious answers fromthe girls here.

Can't really understand why it would bother you so much (unless you're 15 and have a lot of growing up to do). If she doesn't resemble Tom Selleck just yet (if you ARE actually 15 kindly Google Magnum PI ;) )

I don't see why it's such an issue for you. It may be a massive shock to your system but nobody's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Why are the girls getting so irate?
    The man doesn't find a moustache attractive on his lady, and is wondering the best approach to handle this topic without offencing her. He should be commended for this. He's got a problem, he's dealing with it, and he's bothering to stop and be considerate while he's at it.

Tut tut ladies, stop and take stock of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I can fully understand the OPs point of view. In fairness, facial hair on a woman is hardly the most sexually attractive thing.

If you have an open relationship with the person in question and it's affecting how you feel about her, then i'd be inclined to talk about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Zulu wrote:
    The man doesn't find a moustache attractive on his lady

then why is he with her? if she had it on day one, then why is he still with her?

is wondering the best approach to handle this topic without offencing her.

there is no such approach if he has to come on here and ask I'm afraid. There comes a stage in a relationship where absolutely anything can be said, he's not there yet.

Tut tut ladies, stop and take stock of yourselves.

ditto

Beruthiel wrote:
    then why is he with her? if she had it on day one, then why is he still with her?
    Love is blind, but maybe the moustache is growing? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

i don't see why it bothers people. REAL women don't look like the photos in the magazines and i have to say most definitly REAL men don't look perfect either!! if she had a limp would you dump her? would you dump her if she wore glasses or had a few tiny mole son her arm?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd say you should just leave it be. It wouldn't bother me too much if I liked the girl. There is a girl I really like who has very dark hair, and as a result, she has a shadow over her mouth, and a bit of a hairy (well, downy) back. It wouldn't put me off her in the least. What puts me off her is the fact that she has a boyfriend(!)

If she's self-conscious about it, just give it time, and eventually she'll remove it herself (either by plucking or electrolysis or whatever). Really though, you shouldn't let it bother you.

happydaz wrote:
    if she had a limp would you dump her? would you dump her if she wore glasses or had a few tiny mole son her arm?
    ...thats a bit of a leap! Did he say anything about dumping her? Did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Beruthiel wrote:
    do her a favour and dump her
    if a few blond hairs are bothering you now, god knows what will happen when the first wrinkle appears. :/

lol:D ..i love that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Whatever you do don't go an buy her something to get rid of it!

Also taking her for a facial won't work either. A facial does not involve the removal of facial hair, you would have to ask for a wax or something for that.

As others said most women have a moustache but use various ways of removing it (immac for me!). I do feel for you, its an awkward situation but if its something you really feel strongly about then you'll have to find some gentle way of bringing it up. How long have you been together? Has she always had it or is it getting worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Jesus, just stop all this REAL WOMEN talk ffs.It's the biggest minger cop-out ever, usually spouted by some mouthy heifer while banging down the second packet of jaffa cakes for the day.

She's got a grooming problem that effects you so tell her (gently), that you'd like her to wax it.

She'd tell you if you had a cheesy dick or bad breath so go for it.

Recently I had a one nighter girl with a few darkish hairs around the nipples- nasty,and there's no excuse for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think you should come out and tell her. Presumably she hardly has the ronnie on purpose and since it is a problem that can actually be solved I reckon she'd be grateful if you told her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

She'd be grateful if he told her? Do you not think she knows about it already?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

daRobot wrote:
    Jesus, just stop all this REAL WOMEN talk ffs.It's the biggest minger cop-out ever, usually spouted by some mouthy heifer while banging down the second packet of jaffa cakes for the day.

Wrong!
    She's got a grooming problem that effects you so tell her (gently), that you'd like her to wax it.

Maybe she does not care for that level of grooming onc you start waxing it
    it goes thicker and you have to wait until it pretty long to wax it again.
    She'd tell you if you had a cheesy dick or bad breath so go for it.

Those are health related isssues and would impact to her as he would be kissing her and enguaging in differing types of sexual activites.
    Recently I had a one nighter girl with a few darkish hairs around the nipples- nasty,and there's no excuse for it.

Maybe it doesn't bother her, not all women want to look like the airbrush images that are protrayed in the media, some do not want to invest the time and money to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, it can't be all that bad if you didn't notice it before ye got together. Or has it uh... grown in the past while?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement