Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends moustache

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Maybe it doesn't bother her, not all women want to look like the airbrush images that are protrayed in the media, some do not want to invest the time and money to do so.

Thats crazy talk, its nothing to do with what the media wants, i know of no man thats thinking right now, "oh hey, i think i'll go out tonight, and if all things go well i'll score a girl with some hairy nipples and a soup strainer on her lip".

me, personally, i'm not attracted to air brushed blonde girls or whatever it is "the media" thinks is good looking, but at the same time i'm not attracted to women with hairy lips and nipples.

i think it would be fair to say there would be an el rabitos shaped hole in the bedroom door upon discovering the hairy nipples.

back on topic, you just need to bring it up somehow, i dunno, like "hey, u know who i wouldnt marry, a girl with a hairy upper lip". buying her wax strips or whatever will just get you the raised eyebrow look and your marching orders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

el rabitos wrote:
    back on topic, you just need to bring it up somehow, i dunno, like "hey, u know who i wouldnt marry, a girl with a hairy upper lip". buying her wax strips or whatever will just get you the raised eyebrow look and your marching orders.

And you seriously think the former wouldn't have the same effect?
    It's about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

well i never said it was subtle. i just mean like bring up the issue in a deflective kind of way. of course theres more sublte ways of bringing it up. it would just require alot of thinking.

it really depends on how much hair is there, if we're talking about the type that requires extreme sunshine to see then its probably not even worth thinking about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Is it really bad? Post pics tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm going to find a thread on this in relation to a guy with a monobrow or a hairy back from a girl, and i really hope its one of the women who posted on this thread going mad. The same ones who will willingly give advice on male issues of grooming are going mad when the tables are turned, interestingly enough.

on topic - I've been where you are before and while it can be a bit of a turnoff you kinda forget it after a bit. at least she is making an effort (you said its lightened) which is better than nothing like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Reading this thread reminds me of the film Intermission.

Anyways before I get banned, OP how long have you noticed your gf's moustache? If it's only in the last while then what's changed that it's suddenly become an issue for you. If you've suddenly noticed it and it's causing you some issues, then you can rest assurred that your gf knows about it and is probably very conscious about it, bringing it up may make her feel more self-conscious.

I'm sure there's plenty of things about you that she wishes were different, but she doesn't go bringing them up. If you love her as much as you do, then why can't you look past it or break up with her and let her find someone who'll love and appreciate her, because I doubt that you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

OP, spend an evening of sweet cuddling with your missus. The next day before she's up, some how irritate the skin around your face/mouth area so it looks a bit red and sore. when she asks whats the matter with your skin, your answer should be - "its beard rash, love."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Beruthiel wrote:
    do her a favour and dump her
    if a few blond hairs are bothering you now, god knows what will happen when the first wrinkle appears. :/

then why is he with her? if she had it on day one, then why is he still with her?

is wondering the best approach to handle this topic without offencing her.

there is no such approach if he has to come on here and ask I'm afraid. There comes a stage in a relationship where absolutely anything can be said, he's not there yet.

Tut tut ladies, stop and take stock of yourselves.

ditto

Such an amount of nonsense advice IMO
    So he doesn't like that his girlfriend has a hairy lip? Just like some people wouldn't like if their girlfriend had hairy armpits, or a hairy back, or hairy nipples... especially if they are 'new arrivals'...
    Just like some women like their man to shave, or love some stubble, or hate hary backs, or don't like overgrown pubes or don't like the monobrow look...

People talk about this things, some minor remedies might be called upon, or the person involved might choose to ignore the opinion of their partner and life might go on...

Of course speak to her about your issue would be my advice.
    And of course thread lightly...

My advice would be to get her a Ronnie mug, or some afternoon suggest that you both draw portraits of each other ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The OP's question was answered in the first reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If I can shave mine off, so can she.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies folks ;) From the reaction of the (presumably hairy) women here, i see that the old third eyebrow syndrome is a bit of a touchy subject, which is pretty much the point of my thread.

I'll get some photos up asap. If i can, ill get some before and after shots, so the hairy women here can see just what a difference it can make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Ladies,

Lets face it. Facial hair does not look good on women. Just as long fingernails look disgusting on men. Someone needs to let her know!

But how do you without being the bad guy? Get someone else to do it.

Incidentally OP, I presume you take care of yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'll get some photos up asap.
    Dead man walking...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Please don't take offense now OP, but it seems you are indeed very young. I presume your g/f had the moustache already when the two of you got together.

Why did it start to bother you now?

I agree with previous posts on the fact that if you love someone, you will look beyond little imperfections. And a moustache is indeed just a little one!!

If you want to make a really dismissive statement to check how she reacts to your dominance, then go ahead OP and tell her! If you want to try to be clever, take metrovelvet's advice and get someone else to tell her.

On a little side note to the guys: the face is a very sensitive area. Many girls simply cannot shave it off or use a depilatory cream, as it irritates their skin too much (please don't forget that our skin is much thinner than a guy's). Bleaching for many is the most they can do. And of course, depending on the light, you can still see a bleached moustache.

I'd say, she already knows that she has a moustache. She looks into the mirror every now and then, right?
    Leave it be and be a good b/f if you really love her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement