Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give up or wait

Options
  • 05-05-2006 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I met a girl a couple of weeks ago when I was out and asked her for her number.She was a cool lady and things had gone ok I spoke to her after that and she said I must have been sweet to get her mobile number out of her.She did tell me however that she was just out of a very serious relationship and could'nt promise anything.We were getting on well then one day she text and said sorry for been a cow.

I said your were not but she did not reply back. I was a bit confused a tried to ring her or text but I got a message this lunch time saying she just wants to be on her own at the moment. She said you are a really lovely guy but I want to be on my own with friends at the moment and then a sorry at the end of it.

Is that it am I benched? Or should I give her time and see a few months down the line. I do really like this one she had everything I would want but has she changed her mind.

She went from saying I was kind,good looking,sweet to needing space.Not good but there must have been something there to get her number and for her to say I cant promise anything but.....

help me out here

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'd say you're benched.
    women don't like to be nasty, if they can drop you nicely, they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Yep, I'd have to say it's a nice way of being told that she's not interested in guys at the moment. Maybe a quick text some time in the future wouldn't be a bad idea? But most people need time on their own, especially when coming out of a relationship.

Don't forget, there's plenty more people out there to meet. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah you're benched i'd say.

Give her the space she needs, don't burn any bridges behind you as they say, and maybe you'll bump into her again and you can make a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Plenty of fish in the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Redlancer wrote:
    Is that it am I benched?

Benched?? Dude you should be running away at high speed!

This girl sounds quite confused at the mo and that equals one thing for the guy: head fu*k

As Ban says, plenty more fish ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

The girl has just come out of a relationship and is more than likely a little confused over what she wants. So the chances of getting a relationship out of her is very miniscule (the best I'd say is one-night stand/fcuk buddy).

My advice is to just forget about her, the chance of getting anywhere with her at this stage is very slim, and she did let you down very easy. You got the girls number and talked to her a few times since you met her, so I'd say you've no problems when it comes to pulling women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It's not going to happen. Move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

This very thing has just happened to me. I had to txt him last night and tell him i didnt want anything right now. I had told him this when we met. I told him to txt me in a few months and i meant it. I need a bit of space right now but wouldnt rule out a date in a few months time.

Send her a txt in a few months if you really like her but dont wait for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Benched.

Don't pressure her. Send her a text maybe once every two weeks to see how she is doing of if she'd like to meet for a tea.
    Redlancer wrote:
    I do really like this one she had everything I would want but has she changed her mind.

I thought you had only just met her. You cannot know after such a short time whether she really has everything you would want! Maybe the fact that she is not really available makes her more attractive right now? We often seem to want the cake we cannot eat.

Stay in touch with her to show that you like her as a person. But don't invest any feelings. Try to keep an open mind about other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Give it time, give her some space and see what happens in a month or two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Let her go.

Drop her a text to let her know you understand. Let her know you like her and to keep your number and txt\call you if she changes her mind.

In the meantime, you need to get out there and get yourself some numbers kid. You're not seeing her so don't get hung up on her, meet new people and have a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jebus!
    the original post is so similar to something i've been through it's unreal:eek:

almost 4 months on and i'm still debating whether to give her a call...
    wish i could offer you some advice man

i guess just give up and try to move on. if she does call you it'll be nice, but don't hang around waiting for that call... just try to move on with your shlt.
    (it hasn't been so easy for me, seeing as i have to scroll past her name in my phone book every day to order a taxi. plus she looks just like Heather from Silent Hill 3, so the icon on the desktop of my pc reminds me of her every time i turn on the pc...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Get on with your life, if and when she is ready to move on and she wants she will get in touch in the mean time live your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Look send one more text saying if she ever fancy's a drink you know where to get me, simple and to the point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

oulu wrote:
    Look send one more text saying if she ever fancy's a drink you know where to get me, simple and to the point

Whatever happens, do not follow that advice. Its pretty obvious she's not into it. Leave her be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Peace wrote:
    Whatever happens, do not follow that advice. Its pretty obvious she's not into it. Leave her be.
    Seconded. Leave the dead rest.

Redlancer she likes you that is plain to see some people will always been downbeat like the 2 here who are women haters, but if you like her no harm in sending one more text please say romance is not dead that there are a few of us left,
    Peace wrote:

oulu wrote:
    Redlancer she likes you that is plain to see some people will always been downbeat like the 2 here who are women haters, but if you like her no harm in sending one more text please say romance is not dead that there are a few of us left,
    "You can't make someone love you, but you can stalk them and hope they panic and give in."

oulu wrote:
    Redlancer she likes you that is plain to see...
    How is it plain to see exactly?
    the fact that she couldn't "promise anything"?
    was it that she "did not reply back"??
    ...or was it when she said that "she just wants to be on her own at the moment"???
    ...or was it even when "she went from saying (he) was kind,good looking,sweet to needing space"????

I'm sorry, clearly I'm too downbeat, what with all my women hating and what not, to have noticed the sure-fire signs, perhaps you'd be so kind as to point them out to me, and all the other downbeat women-haters here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Stick around. Send the odd light hearted text/email just to remind her that you are still there. If you play it cool and don't put her under any pressure, who knows what will happen in the future!!!

:D

• Advertisement

who knows what will happen in the future!!!
    A barring order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I love the positive outlook :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't think you can get a barring order for texts and emails... apparently ;)

She needs space but also I get the feeling she would have gone on a date with you at a different time in her life, this way if she does go out with you it would not be on the rebound , free advice life is to short I know of many different people who asked many times before they got a date of the person they where chasing , same people happy with kids the full works, if you go throught life and ask a girl for a date once and she says no then you dismiss her from your thoughts ie I dont ask twice , she got her chance etc then good look to you, I think he might have met his sole mate that is for him to find out remember girls like to be chased and most like to be caught, so if you think she is worth dont let her mixed feelings stop you from finding your destiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

give up, another crazy female playing mind games/

oulu wrote:
    She needs space but also I get the feeling she would have gone on a date with you at a different time in her life, this way if she does go out with you it would not be on the rebound , free advice life is to short I know of many different people who asked many times before they got a date of the person they where chasing , same people happy with kids the full works, if you go throught life and ask a girl for a date once and she says no then you dismiss her from your thoughts ie I dont ask twice , she got her chance etc then good look to you, I think he might have met his sole mate that is for him to find out remember girls like to be chased and most like to be caught, so if you think she is worth dont let her mixed feelings stop you from finding your destiny
    Oh use a full stop, for the love of God.
    Some people like to be chased, but most like to be left alone when they ask to be left alone. It pedends - do you want to be pushy and possiably piss someone off, or would you rather be sound?

Oulu - you've read alot form the origional post, do you know something we don't? ...or are you just pulling all this out of your a$s?

I dont point out your spelling mistakes so kindly dont point out my mistakes I think I do ok for a fellow who left school at 13 [ pedends -

If it means you'll start using full stops, please feel free to point out my spelling mistakes.

There was a great Irish writer who did the same was it kavanagh or O Casey or someone else
    Zulu wrote:
    If it means you'll start using full stops, please feel free to point out my spelling mistakes.

oulu wrote:
    There was a great Irish writer who did the same was it kavanagh or O Casey or someone else
    ...and your not him. Care to stay on topic?

• Advertisement

oulu wrote:
    Joyce - and half of his stuff is unreadable as a result, regardless of how many ponces get dressed up to go out in Dublin in mid-June.

Anyhow, what’s the point here? Half of the posters on boards are nigh on illiterate anyway, so chastising one is not going to make it any easier. Just not reading the After Hours board makes it easier, and I’m happy enough with that compromise.

Returning to the topic at hand, I suspect it’s taken its course. Most people would seem to have advised it’s a lost cause (or at least one not worth pursuing), except for a few, such as oulu. The OP can take from that as he sees fit. Case closed, TBH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement